PDP - Fight Pad for Nintendo Wii U Good or Bad?

buttsecks

CAGiversary!
i was thinking of getting one of these controllers since the wii u gamecube adapter is sold out and resold at ridiculous prices. according to what i read, it connects to the wii mote and doesnt need the adapter.

anyone bought this and can give any feedback on how it feels. is it sturdy, or does it feel like cheap plastic that would break easily?

also says this Compatible with most Classic Controller- and Classic Controller Pro-supported Nintendo Wii U and Nintendo Wii games, as well as most Nintendo Virtual Console games 

can anyone confirm this that has bought or tested one out?

4h4l12.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a different controller. It's $25 and prime eligible. It's out of stock, but you can still order it and get it shipped when it stocks up.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00ND0E5ZU/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER - Mario Edition

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00ND0E604/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER - Luigi Edition

It works as a Wiimote attachment just like the classic controller. When compared to an Authentic GameCube controller the differences are obvious. On the controller I bought, the weight is way less and the buttons feel a bit off, also the trigger have less of a throw than a regular GC controller... But for any casual gamer the buttons won't be a real issue, those pro guys would definetly throw a fit. Over all functions and feels, does have that "cheap plastic" feel tho, just like a normal GC controller.

I had a PDP fight pad for PS3, it was a piece of shit. It just felt cheap, and didn't hold up for very long. I bought it pretty much to try an alternative to a stick.

This one you are looking at is actually a different style Classic Controller for the Wii. Plugs into you WiiMote, not sure if it's a big deal.

For the price, it should be decent enough until you can get an adapter.

I too have been looking into this and every review I have seen says that it has that cheap plastic feel to it.

I'm not interested in having the Wii Mote dangle from the controller so I'm going to go with the Official Nintendo Pro Controller despite the fact that I've used GC controller for so many years.

Worst case scenario, you buy this controller, hate it, but the gamecube adapters return to retail stores so you don't have to deal with this for more than a month.

bread's done
Back