PDP (Sony Licensed) PlayStation Eye Camera Mount - $5.59 FSS @ Amazon

metaphysicalstyles

CAGiversary!
Feedback
46 (100%)
Amazon has the officially licensed PDP PlayStation Eye camera mount for approximately 50% off.

http://www.amazon.com/PS3-Camera-Mo...SUSE/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1324733294&sr=8-4

They also have the not-licensed HDE PlayStation Eye camera mount for $4.95.

http://www.amazon.com/HDE-Mounting-...EUPA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1324733294&sr=8-1

Sure... not as hot a deal as some of the game deals BB has been throwing, but I've been in the market for one of these mounts for a while now. Just never wanted to pay the previously listed prices.

Watch out for this. If it's "Fulfilled by Amazon" but sold by a third party, it's a knock-off. That's how I bought my first one, and the mount locking mechanism wasn't working so it wouldn't stay on the TV.

Buy first-party on this one.

Just because it's "fulfilled by Amazon" doesn't make it a knock-off. It just means that its sold by a company other than Amazon.

[quote name='jrutz']Watch out for this. If it's "Fulfilled by Amazon" but sold by a third party, it's a knock-off. That's how I bought my first one, and the mount locking mechanism wasn't working so it wouldn't stay on the TV.

Buy first-party on this one.[/QUOTE]

I'll keep you all posted as to whether I receive a "knock-off" or not. Should be here by Wednesday... so I'll post an update once it arrives. Regardless, even if it's a knock-off, it's better than velcro or double-sided tape.

I bought a knock-off one of these because I frankly didn't care. It's a piece of plastic, it does nothing besides hold the eye and has barely any moving parts. Got one for like $3 a few months ago and it works fine. I would never buy knock-off controllers and the like, but this is just a piece of plastic so I was fine with it.

Definitely got a third (possibly forth) party camera clip. Haven't tried it out yet... but seems really cheap and likely won't grip the TV. No official packaging... just a plastic bag.

Any suggestions for something to put the Eye camera on for beneath the TV? When I did it without any kind of mount, the camera would just always turn at times. Was annoying really.

If none of these will click right to the top of the TV, not sure what to do.

[quote name='sag375']Just because it's "fulfilled by Amazon" doesn't make it a knock-off. It just means that its sold by a company other than Amazon.[/QUOTE]

In this case, it does. The legit PDP version comes in a box. The ones being sold by marketplace sellers and fulfilled by Amazon come in the bag (see below).0

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']Definitely got a third (possibly forth) party camera clip. Haven't tried it out yet... but seems really cheap and likely won't grip the TV. No official packaging... just a plastic bag.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I received. At $5 I just chucked it and went to Gamestop to buy an authentic one. The third-party clips don't hold and it won't stay on the TV, as meta said above.

bread's done
Back