Pearl Jam Backspacer with rock band download $20 at target

megma42

CAGiversary!
Feedback
57 (100%)
Original price was $30, but it was marked down to $20. Includes the CD, Rock Band download of album for 360 or PS3, and download of 2 live concerts. I used the price scanner, but don't recall if Target has a YMMV or not. I will update post if needed. BTW, this was in Tulsa, OK.

Edit - looked online and it is $20 on target.com.

http://www.target.com/Pearl-Jam-Limi.../dp/B002M3KDXC

Last edited by a moderator:
oh fuck that... they would drop the price on it... I bought it for $30 the day it came out. Oh well PJ is my favorite band ever so I dont care. Will have to let 2 of my friends know though

I got mine in the CD section as well. It is in a DVD size case not a regular CD jewel case. The code is on the disc, so you need to put it in the computer and click on a few things to get the code.

Excellent CD! One of their Best!

I scanned it. I actually work at Target, and price cuts aren't always nationwide, they tend to reflect with how much stock is left of a cetain product. Of course, this was a week ago. I'm gonna call them later to check on it.

Plus when you look online aand go to search by store, there's a disclamer that states that in store could be different.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']I got mine in the CD section as well. It is in a DVD size case not a regular CD jewel case. The code is on the disc, so you need to put it in the computer and click on a few things to get the code.

Excellent CD! One of their Best![/QUOTE]
It was really funny to see CD in a DVD size case, just my observation.

Well, they turned out to be out of it, but they didn't tell me the price over the phone. I just went ahead and ordered it online. $23 plus change w/shipping online. Not bad at all. I've been wanting this CD, but held off to try to get this pack.

I bought the cd only the day it came out. Didn't even know about the bundle with Rock Band tracks. If anyone has the PS3 tracks and would be interested in sharing, I have a bunch of RB DLC (CML) that I can trade or paypal.

Thanks and let me know.

[quote name='Cmosfm']I was curious, does this come with a code for both 360 AND PS3?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you put the CD in your computer after you get it and then after a few clicks, you can pick to get the code for the 360 or PS3.

So this came out less than a month ago. I still have my receipt. What are the odds of getting my $10 back? Or should I just buy and return with the original receipt?

[quote name='Corvin']So this came out less than a month ago. I still have my receipt. What are the odds of getting my $10 back? Or should I just buy and return with the original receipt?[/QUOTE]

Most Targets have adopted a 14 day period for price adjustments, but it really depends upon the CSR who helps you.

[quote name='Corvin']So this came out less than a month ago. I still have my receipt. What are the odds of getting my $10 back? Or should I just buy and return with the original receipt?[/QUOTE]

I would buy it again and then return the other one.

Around here Target price adjustments are within 7 days only. If this is a "clearance" price though, you won't get an adjustment anyway since they don't adjust "clearance" prices.

Dont forget if you buy this version with the Rock Band code and the CD you also are able to download two live concerts for free.

Hmm, I caved and bought the regular CD-only version at Target about a week ago for $11.98, as none of my local Targets were even carrying the combo package. Coming from a PJ and Rock Band fan, I can't really say I'm too bummed not to play these songs on RB. Sorry, dudes. Maybe if they throw Vitalogy up on there.

Picked mine up tonight. That link in the first post is useful to see which stores have the LE version -- a lot never even got it. It's retarded that they put the single CD in a DVD case, but what can you do? I was so close to buying the regular version last week -- to get ten PJ songs DLC for another $8 is a great deal.

BTW : Those concert downloads are full concerts, like 25-30 tracks and from performances 05-08, but they sound TERRIBLE, so consider yourself warned.

[quote name='hufferstl']Damnit, I bought the regular album last week and I'm sure I threw my receipt away.[/QUOTE]

FYI, if you paid with anything other than cash, they can pull up your receipt in the store. Just take the item back and tell them you want them to do a "receipt look up". All it takes is for them to scan the item and the form of payment you used.

[quote name='Brainwave0']FYI, if you paid with anything other than cash, they can pull up your receipt in the store. Just take the item back and tell them you want them to do a "receipt look up". All it takes is for them to scan the item and the form of payment you used.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter if you have the receipt - they will NOT take an opened cd back. Just like they wouldn't take an opened video game back.

Be warned if you order this online. I ordered it and it's telling me That the estimated shipping date is November 17th-December 7th. This happened with Amazon to me a couple years ago, and after a couple months of not shipping the product, they cancelled the order, so I'm expecting a similar issue. This sucks because none of my Targets have it. :(

[quote name='dickybeans']Doesn't matter if you have the receipt - they will NOT take an opened cd back. Just like they wouldn't take an opened video game back.[/QUOTE]

He's not talking about returning it - it sounds like he's going to try and match the sales price to get his $10 back. I'm not sure if Target has a pricing guarantee for that, but I think they do.

[quote name='dickybeans']Doesn't matter if you have the receipt - they will NOT take an opened cd back. Just like they wouldn't take an opened video game back.[/QUOTE]

True. However, they should be able to do an adjustment using receipt look up. They'll need the original item to scan since he doesn't have the receipt...

[quote name='180husher']Most Targets have adopted a 14 day period for price adjustments, but it really depends upon the CSR who helps you.[/QUOTE]

This ended up being true at my store so I ended up just:

[quote name='bones56']I would buy it again and then return the other one.[/QUOTE]

Easy enough.

bread's done
Back