Peggle Nights Free On Popcap (PC & Mac), Also 10-20% Savings!

Alexisonfire

CAGiversary!
Okay. Popcap is allowing you to give away a free copy of peggle nights when you sign up for a "Popcap Passport". I know I know. I said it was free for you. But it can be, if you're greedy and have two email addresses. Requires a few steps, but I've provided patronizingly over-simplified instructions:

1. Go Here: https://store.popcap.com/passport_signup.php
2. Sign up for a passport (requires you to sign up for a newsletter)
3. Wait for the confirmation email and activate account.
4. Click on the "Send Peggle To A Friend" Button (or something of that nature. Can't remember).
5. Enter a different email address and wait for the email again. Click the link inside the mail
6. Go to Checkout then login with your passport.
7. Put in billing info (don't worry, it's free. Won't even ask you for a credit card number).
8. ???
9. Profit! Peggle!

You may also have to register the game after it's downloaded. Just keep the tab open with your order ID on it. You'll need that for the registration.

Also, for signing up for the passport you get 10% of your first purchase from the Popcap store, 15% off your second, and 20% off your third (and maybe more?).

I've done the peggle download on my mac and it works fine. Don't really know how the xx% off works. Just reprinting what's on the website.

Enjoy.

Not working for me. =\

Following the download link from my email brings me to the checkout but it doesn't mention anything about the game being free. They ask me for my credit card and everything. I thought it might be a site issue because it's kinda buggy right now, but retries are giving me the same results.

Edit: Found the problem. Turns out Step 5 is VERY important. I don't know if the gift will fail to someone else who already has an account, but I can confirm that it won't work if you give it to 'yourself'. Just made a throwaway email account to try again and it worked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Weird, that must be something they added in the last day or so - I gifted it to the same email account I signed up with and it didn't give me any issues. They probably added the check when they found that scads of people were "abusing" the deal :D

Yeah, I heard that some people had emailed it to the same email and get the game, but I figured that would be fixed. Plus, I have like... 15 email addresses or something like that. Just used one that automatically forwards the messages to my regular mail and it worked fine.

Thinking about sending a few more copies out to friends. I've never played Peggle before yesterday, but after inadvertently stayed up until 3 playing it last night, I can see why it's addictiveness is compared to crack cocaine. It's really fun.

[quote name='WillGabriel']Edit: Found the problem. Turns out Step 5 is VERY important. I don't know if the gift will fail to someone else who already has an account, but I can confirm that it won't work if you give it to 'yourself'. Just made a throwaway email account to try again and it worked.[/QUOTE]
You can send it to yourself if you use gmail. [email protected] and [email protected] can be used as two different addresses but they'll go to the same account. It's the same "trick" we all used to use when we'd make new amazon.ca accounts to get $10 off for new customers. I really miss that promo. :(

[quote name='Fuzzy']You can send it to yourself if you use gmail. [email protected] and [email protected] can be used as two different addresses but they'll go to the same account. It's the same "trick" we all used to use when we'd make new amazon.ca accounts to get $10 off for new customers. I really miss that promo. :([/QUOTE]

I get a little misty every time I use my credit card now. It's just not the same

You didn't in the Canadian forum, both from the search engine and your recent posts.

From what I have seen on the forum is that regardless of whether a deal is posted on another forum, it will be posted here as a sort of "confirmation" that it is available in Canada as well. The Cheap Ass Gamer as a whole is largely an American based site and most of those deals we never see.

Thus, I know that there are some people out there, myself included, that only visit these subforums, as it is the only place with info that is relevant to my interests.

If people disagree with that, fine by me. I'll quit posting something if it's on an American board. But since yesterday, two more people got this game when they wouldn't have seen this deal otherwise.

[quote name='Alexisonfire']You didn't in the Canadian forum, both from the search engine and your recent posts.

From what I have seen on the forum is that regardless of whether a deal is posted on another forum, it will be posted here as a sort of "confirmation" that it is available in Canada as well. The Cheap Ass Gamer as a whole is largely an American based site and most of those deals we never see.

Thus, I know that there are some people out there, myself included, that only visit these subforums, as it is the only place with info that is relevant to my interests.

If people disagree with that, fine by me. I'll quit posting something if it's on an American board. But since yesterday, two more people got this game when they wouldn't have seen this deal otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Had you not created this thread, I would not have gotten Peggle Nights for free. I saw a post on Joystiq a few days ago, but its hard to tell if such deals are for the US only, or if they apply to "America's Hat"

Well, there are free level packs available for the PC/Mac version. They're probably going to want those once they're done with the game.

I haven't downloaded them yet (a friend of mine linked them to me), but I know that I will once I have played through what's already there.

Thanks OP, My sister just got a new laptop so she was happy when i told her she could get peggle nights for free.

bread's done
Back