Pelican PS2/PS3 Adaptor for $4.99 at Circuit City

Do not buy this one. It does not support vibration when you plugging ur DS controllers, nor does it support wireless Guitar Hero components.

If you don't care about Guitar Hero or vibration then this is the best converter out there in terms of lag/consistency for FIGHTING games...

Fighting game fans should take note of this one...

Works with 99% of arcade sticks out there, flawlessly.

FYI, the Guitar Hero playing is FAKED in the game. What it does is use the regular Dualshock play-style, but won't strum a note until you pick. That's why it's so weird with it and has MAJOR problems.

[quote name='deathscythehe']Since these are USB adaptors, does anyone know if you can use them on a PC, or are they only for a PS3?[/QUOTE]

According to the first post - yes they'll work on a PC.

[quote name='MarkMan']If you don't care about Guitar Hero or vibration then this is the best converter out there in terms of lag/consistency for FIGHTING games...

Works with 99% of arcade sticks out there, flawlessly.[/QUOTE]

Confirmed.

I bought this at Circuit City yesterday and tried it out with my HRAP...and it worked perfectly. Much cheaper than buying a HRAP3.

[quote name='FrankieFiero']According to the first post - yes they'll work on a PC.[/quote]
I can't read :whistle2:X I think it just must be too early for me.

Pelican for me has been horrible in past experiences. For $4.99 though this ain't a bad deal, but you might want to shell out some extra dough for higher quality.

[quote name='H-Town Info']dont get this if you guys have guitar hero[/quote]

It Guitar Hero 2. The first Guitar Hero works perfectly with this adapter.

I already had one from another store, but I tried to pick this up at my local CC yesterday so I could get a refund for the first one and they wanted $14.99 for it, so it must be YMMV.

Also, if you have a stock or modified Street Fighter Anniversary stick, it might not work with this adapter. Mine doesn't.

[quote name='MarkMan']If you don't care about Guitar Hero or vibration then this is the best converter out there in terms of lag/consistency for FIGHTING games...

Works with 99% of arcade sticks out there, flawlessly.[/QUOTE]

Nice. I'll have to grab one. I have a multi-system Pelican arcade stick that I'd love to use on my PS2 fighters (ditched the old PS2 system when I got my PS3).

[quote name='Rozz']Pelican for me has been horrible in past experiences. For $4.99 though this ain't a bad deal, but you might want to shell out some extra dough for higher quality.[/QUOTE]

Not in this case. In this case, the Pelican one is the best adapter for joysticks that is available. It's been confirmed to not have lag, and it's even usable on your computer too.

I purchased one when it was 15 bucks a while back and bought some more when they were under 5 a while ago, don't regret it at all.

Has anyone actually gotten this from B&M? A friend of mine saw the tag at $14.99... I was wondering if anyone got it at this price... possibly different tag price than the price scanned?

Topic revived.

This was $14.99 at my local store today.

I wanted to try it out for Real World golf on my PS3, but haven't opened it yet. Has anyone gotten it cheaper from retail?

crap, so cheap! i just got mine at gamestop for 14.99 and i opened it already. my local BB and CC didnt have it, blah...

The B&M pricing on this has been changed from $.99 to $14.99, all signage has been changed as well. I wish I had picked it up when I saw it for $4.99.

The one sold at radio shack also works well, except for the whammy bar.
As far as not being able to hit any notes, that blogger probably just didn't recalibrate his lag after adding extra cable to his device (duh) and he was missing because of it.

I noticed right away that it happened in GH1 because the radio shack version has a 3 foot cord, but I was able to fix it in GH2.

Of course with the radio shack version you don't get a home button, so it's really going to be up to the individual which version to buy.

I have two questions:
1) Does anybody know if the Street Fighter Anniversary Arcade Stick (not modded) work with this adapter??
2) Is it possible to use this adapter to play PS2 games?

I ask these questions because I really want to play Marvel vs Capcom 2 with the PS3 using my Street Fighter Anniversary Arcade Stick.

[quote name='ens04']I have two questions:
1) Does anybody know if the Street Fighter Anniversary Arcade Stick (not modded) work with this adapter??
2) Is it possible to use this adapter to play PS2 games?

I ask these questions because I really want to play Marvel vs Capcom 2 with the PS3 using my Street Fighter Anniversary Arcade Stick.[/quote]

1. i think it wil work with ur arcade stick
2. umm yeah its kinda ment to play ps2 games with it

pick the last one up in norwalk cali the sign says 4.95 but it rung up at 14.95. just had to p$m it..

[quote name='ens04']I have two questions:
2) Is it possible to use this adapter to play PS2 games?[/QUOTE]

1. As I stated earlier in this thread, maybe. Mine doesn't. So yours may or may not. Make sure you keep your receipt.

2. Yes.

yay, I just went to Circuit City today and bought the adapter . The adapter work great with the street fighter anniversary arcade stick, I can now play my marvel vs capcom 2 on my ps3 :)

bread's done
Back