Pelican system selector pro 29.99 at GS

sparkoc

CAG Veteran
I'm on this site all the time, and thought I was way overdue to contribute. Hope this wasn't posted before. T
his is the 8 component system selector with 3 ethernet and 3 optical connections that was going for $99 for the longest time. Also saw this at GC for 49.99. Yes, the selectors with remote are out now, but all game systems except 360 have to be turned on manually anyway.

[quote name='sparkoc']I'm on this site all the time, and thought I was way overdue to contribute. Hope this wasn't posted before. T
his is the 8 component system selector with 3 ethernet and 3 optical connections that was going for $99 for the longest time. Also saw this at GC for 49.99. Yes, the selectors with remote are out now, but all game systems except 360 have to be turned on manually anyway.[/QUOTE]

The PS2 has a remote with a power button. Microsoft dropped the ball with their remote. -_-

Besides, if you need eight componet inputs chances are that you have a nice DVD player and some sort of HD cable box. My video card does componet out too. It'd say the remote version are invaulable.

But $30 is a nice deal.

I think this is a holdover from awhile back. I remember seeing a thread when I searched back in November....the thread was from 2004.

there was an old thread about this and almost nobody found any. Good luck if you can find one though. I found the pro selector w/ remote at Microcenter for $50 and I'm very happy.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']I think this is a holdover from awhile back. I remember seeing a thread when I searched back in November....the thread was from 2004.[/QUOTE]

I believe I remember that thread being with some of the Gamestops having it on clearance for 29.99.. has it dropped that much for all of GS now? Any more confirmations?

[quote name='Skylander7']I believe I remember that thread being with some of the Gamestops having it on clearance for 29.99.. has it dropped that much for all of GS now? Any more confirmations?[/QUOTE]

Last week I saw one, and I believe it had a sticker price of 99. Perhaps that is just them being too lazy to change it but I am pretty sure it was at that, or close to it. Certianly not 29.99.

I found one way back when, but the DM was there and said that just because it's discontinued in the computer doesn't mean it's clearanced. Boo-urns, that was like a 30 minute drive. Might see if it's still there, though, it'll be worth it.

[quote name='KrAzY3']Last week I saw one, and I believe it had a sticker price of 99. Perhaps that is just them being too lazy to change it but I am pretty sure it was at that, or close to it. Certianly not 29.99.[/QUOTE]

well, I've never seen a gamestop that was good on re-pricing its old stuff and accessories. so i'd say your changes are pretty good that it's dropped below 99 at least.

[quote name='cchen326']I am currently using the mad catz hd system selector * http://www.madcatz.com/Default.asp?Page=76&CategoryImg=Universal_Cables * and after testing out call of duty 2 on my 360 in 1080I there is definetly signal loss in the graphic quality as compared to when I plugged it in directly into the tv. Can anyone confirm if the selector 2.0 can trasmit 1080i with no loss? Thanks[/QUOTE]

can anyone else verify this? i have the SS PRO, no remote, on a 42 HPX95 Plasma, with 2 comps and 1 HDMI.

the SS's are awesome due to multi ethernet hookups, and optical audio. but if its at a picture quality loss that is visable, then its time for something more expensive (audio authority has a $200 auto switching box)

can anyone else verify this? i have the SS PRO, no remote, on a 42 HPX95 Plasma, with 2 comps and 1 HDMI.

This has been debated to death on message boards dedicated to this type of research. You will get people arguing on both sides, which tells me any loss would be so small I wouldn't worry about it. My eye does not see any loss at 1080i on the SS pro.

I believe signal loss is minimized, as it has its own power supply. I personally need one for the optical inputs. My home theatre receiver only has one, and I have to keep switching cables. Honestly, the SS Pro is the best alternative to a high end receiver (as even many mid range receivers only have one or two optical inputs, and maybe 2 component input sets at the most).

Some of the Gamestops now have the 2.0 version.. has anyone picked it up for 29.99, or is it just the old versions?

I have a SS Pro w/ Remote (I assume that's the 2.0) and see no loss. My friend has the same model, and gets interference lines. I do believe his might be defective, though, or he has a wiring issue.

Honestly, just buy it from somewhere with a return policy. I'm thrilled with mine.

didn't pelican put out a new one with a lighted digital display type thing (it might be madcatz correct me if im wrong)? i know the original pelican one didn't have that sooo maybe they're clearing out the older pelican SS pros?

Does anyone know of a good one for only 3-4 component cables? I don't want any video loss.

I picked up a selector with remote from best buy, It was awhile ago so I am not exactly sure of the company name but I believe it is Intec, It has 4 intputs and I wanna say it sold for no more than $30. It was in the video game section and the store employee at that time had no idea what I was talking about and had directed me to the Home Stereo section. Its not the best but its not too expensive either.

bread's done
Back