Penny Arcade giving away free copies of Rain-Slick Precipice 3 for PC (Steam) *DEAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMXJouster

CAGiversary!
Feedback
112 (100%)
http://penny-arcade.com/static/rainslick-giveaway

"To help the world prepare for the big finish of Penny Arcade’s On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness series next month, the penultimate game is available for free. Demonstrate your humanity and you can have one."

This is for today only I believe and they're giving them away until they run out of keys. You might need to keep reloading the page to get in.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kenshindono']how do i enter the code from the steam browser? the cpu i have steam installed on isnt available right now.[/QUOTE]

Unless I'm mistaken I don't believe you can. I think it needs to be done through the program itself.

got one, never really played the first two ( i think i played part of the first one).

Need to play those to know whats going on story wise?

[quote name='BMXJouster']Unless I'm mistaken I don't believe you can. I think it needs to be done through the program itself.[/QUOTE]

crap.. is that true? i may have to install steam on a laptop. or is the code valid for whenever? i read this was for today only, but if the codes good later that should work

[quote name='dramasetter929']97q9l-a04wj-d2m3v[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Saves me the trouble of actually going to their site :p

[quote name='Kenshindono']crap.. is that true? i may have to install steam on a laptop. or is the code valid for whenever? i read this was for today only, but if the codes good later that should work[/QUOTE]

Well it's not that the codes expire after today, it's that today is the only day where they're giving away free codes. So if you get a code now you should be able to enter it whenever you want. The only catch, though, is it seems some people have been getting duplicate/already used codes. So there is a chance the Steam key you get ends up being a duplicate and if you don't find that out until tomorrow or later then you're out of luck.

Shouldn't have spent $1. Oh well, cheap is almost as good as free.

Here's 5 for those having trouble.

QAR8F-B5MI7-F28Z0
QC5CY-JDZW6-2DRQK
QCIMN-TGP9I-DNC98
QCZR2-BQEF2-PHNK3
QDJH3-PJQP0-NBT4Q

[quote name='BMXJouster']Well it's not that the codes expire after today, it's that today is the only day where they're giving away free codes. So if you get a code now you should be able to enter it whenever you want. The only catch, though, is it seems some people have been getting duplicate/already used codes. So there is a chance the Steam key you get ends up being a duplicate and if you don't find that out until tomorrow or later then you're out of luck.[/QUOTE]

your right, it took 3 tries to get a code that worked =P what a pain, but oh well free game, thanks!

How to Use This Code:
Launch Steam and log into your Steam account.
Click the Games Menu.
Choose Activate a Product on Steam...

I'm not seeing any option to "Choose Activate a Product..." Where do I find this part?
I just signed up for a Steam account, so maybe I'm being a dumbass. But when I click on the Games tab all I'm seeing is a list of Free To Play, Early Access, game genre, Mac OS X, & Linux.

Oh, & thanks OP! I got a code. Glad to see I wasn't alone in the damned captcha crapping out multiple times in a row xD

[quote name='ZCG']How to Use This Code:
Launch Steam and log into your Steam account.
Click the Games Menu.
Choose Activate a Product on Steam...

I'm not seeing any option to "Choose Activate a Product..." Where do I find this part?
I just signed up for a Steam account, so maybe I'm being a dumbass. But when I click on the Games tab all I'm seeing is a list of Free To Play, Early Access, game genre, Mac OS X, & Linux.
[/QUOTE]

From the options you list it sounds like you're looking at the Steam website, and not in the steam application. Download the steam application.

oddeye, you'll be getting an extra code in your inbox. Apparently I bought this game when it was on sale for 80 cents. If you've already gotten a code, just pass it forward!

Oh WTF. So I got onto the site yesterday, got my code. I was busy at work so I just copied the text (including the code) and emailed it to myself. Opened up Steam this morning, entered the code, and.....

"Duplicate Product Code" So someone already entered my code. Do they just keep cycling the codes or did someone guess it using a program or something? Either way, I'm pretty upset about it.

Awesome! Here's your Code:
38YAI-YFNVR-E4KWV

86G5V-H562X-PMRAW

7ZTGF-7VKEY-RQYPJ

84FR2-5AWAR-77NK6

7YPKN-9GX64-Y034Q

83G86-2TT69-70WYN

7WBF2-WIT5L-6HZGQ

7XHEL-2NB89-JHQH5

7J69Z-NT79N-5LP70

7V82J-X9GQ5-EKY8P

LOVE ME!

Claimed "7J69Z-NT79N-5LP70"!

Thank you Johnnybeachboy! Press 1 if you'd like to be loved like the flower loves the rain. Press 2 if you'd like to loved like 2 women wrestling in a pool of jello.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Claimed "7J69Z-NT79N-5LP70"!

Thank you Johnnybeachboy! Press 1 if you'd like to be loved like the flower loves the rain. Press 2 if you'd like to loved like 2 women wrestling in a pool of jello.[/QUOTE]

3!

Also, why can't it be vanilla pudding!

[quote name='mrfossey']oddeye, you'll be getting an extra code in your inbox. Apparently I bought this game when it was on sale for 80 cents. If you've already gotten a code, just pass it forward![/QUOTE]

Thanks, much apprciated, but it was one of those already used codes. I'll get the game eventually, probably.

I already had the game prior to this offer but grabbed a code for a friend who it turned out didn't want. So I may as well post it here as people are sharing them.

Hope it works for someone considering the whole duplicated key thing!
0G63I-5T4DM-8XMI6

[quote name='targetbsp']I already had the game prior to this offer but grabbed a code for a friend who it turned out didn't want. So I may as well post it here as people are sharing them.

Hope it works for someone considering the whole duplicated key thing!
0G63I-5T4DM-8XMI6[/QUOTE]

Awesome, used :D Thanks so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back