People Who Follow You to Insult You >.<

As already mentioned several times if you just show up with a note pad and pen and start writing down the license plate # most of these idiots will vanish, typically they already have enough issues with the police.

Are you sure you don't look like this
4247147398_2cb62de294.jpg
?

If so... I would likely drive by insulting you as well. Hell... I might end up doing a drive-by bricking on your ass.

I don't understand who ever thinks its a good idea to go around insulting and throwing shit at people from their cars. I had a Starbuck's cup full of coffee thrown at me from bros in a car a couple years ago, and have had random people yell insults at me while walking from the bus stop before when I didn't have a car.

[quote name='200STM']@Panzerfaust: I wear normal pants and normal tee shirts. I don't walk stupid and I don't walk with my pants halfway through my ass (how do they do that anyways). I was just walking listening to my music, I was going to call my brother because he told me we was going to buy some tiny philip screwdrivers because he had a disc jam in his ps3 I was going to call him but that stupid thing happen. I guess they must not like skinny people. (sorry had to throw in that light hearted joke) lol[/QUOTE]

To verify:

Are you one of those skinny jean, checkered shirt, ascot and fedora wearing skinny people?

I'm skinny and I NEVER have fatties attack me, but when I see a hipster with his iPod and skinny jeans, hell. I try to hit them too.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']Are you sure you don't look like this
4247147398_2cb62de294.jpg
?

If so... I would likely drive by insulting you as well. Hell... I might end up doing a drive-by bricking on your ass.[/QUOTE]

LOL i almost fell off my chair laughing when i clicked that spoiler :D

This is awesome. Congratulations 200STM for doing what you did. fuck those people. Just be careful and maybe take a different route for a bit.

[quote name='benjamouth']Lulz, wow really ??

I think you've spun that story around just a touch.:roll:[/QUOTE]

Really?

Modern American statutes define assault as:
1. an attempt to cause or purposely,
knowingly, or recklessly causing bodily
injury to another;

IANAL, but I think throwing a brick at a moving car is assault.

[quote name='goodbyetonight']Why is that fat girls are always such bitches? They mad cuz they can't fit into doorways or what?[/QUOTE]

mostly just the kitchen door.

Hmm...here I think it'd have been fun (and oddly productive) to say something like,

"Thanks, it IS a lovely day, isn't it? You two look marvelous, has anyone told you that recently? Honestly, whatever you're doing, keep it up. It's working."

And then give 'em a huge, sexy wink.

Do these people even live in the real world? At worst I believe this could have been damaging property, not assault (he didn't throw it at the people, just the car?). In any case, two fat fools harassing you as you walk down the street is not cool, and it is simply obvious that getting the "make, model, plate number + 911 call" would have done very little.

Throwing the brick was a little over the top, but I see no actual wrongdoing (morally) in what you did. Personally if they were really just two fat ghetto women I would have considered letting them try to physically attack me and then defending myself. What you did was probably smarter then that though....but....you running away seems weird?

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Do these people even live in the real world? At worst I believe this could have been damaging property, not assault (he didn't throw it at the people, just the car?). In any case, two fat fools harassing you as you walk down the street is not cool, and it is simply obvious that getting the "make, model, plate number + 911 call" would have done very little.

Throwing the brick was a little over the top, but I see no actual wrongdoing (morally) in what you did. Personally if they were really just two fat ghetto women I would have considered letting them try to physically attack me and then defending myself. What you did was probably smarter then that though....but....you running away seems weird?[/QUOTE]

Actually, we're in the real world.

"Example of assault and battery
Throwing a rock at someone for the purpose of
hitting him is battery if the rock in fact strikes
the person and is an assault if the rock misses."

[quote name='elessar123']Actually, we're in the real world.

"Example of assault and battery
Throwing a rock at someone for the purpose of
hitting him is battery if the rock in fact strikes
the person and is an assault if the rock misses."[/QUOTE]

Did you make that definition up? In any case, PERHAPS he did commit assault but the fact is that people get in actual fist fights every day. 10 years ago people wouldn't be trying to sue for getting their ass beat in a fight, but these days it is a bit too common.

This is another case. He MAY have committed assault, but IMO he used a little rough justice and walked away from the situation after teaching his harassers a little lesson. He could have done far worse to those people, such as beating and really trying to hurt them. All he did was basically intimidate them.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Did you make that definition up? In any case, PERHAPS he did commit assault but the fact is that people get in actual fist fights every day. 10 years ago people wouldn't be trying to sue for getting their ass beat in a fight, but these days it is a bit too common.[/QUOTE]

Fist fights is battery. Edit: Or probably assault and battery.

From http://assault.lawyers.com/Assault-and-Battery.html
Assault
Examples of acts that constitute an assault include swinging a fist at a person without hitting him or her, holding a loaded or unloaded gun to a person's head without firing, and throwing an object at one person that causes a nearby person to be placed in apprehension. Examples of acts that do not constitute assault include telling a person that he or she will be harmed at a future date and sneaking up behind a person with a gun to his or her head and walking away before the person is aware that the actor had a gun.

Maybe you should google assault.

People throw around assault and battery interchangeably. Think of it like this: An assault is often called an "attempted battery," while battery is often called a "completed assault."

Throwing the brick at a car is goes beyond assault both criminally and tortuously to battery because the car is considered closely connected to the people inside. (However all of the elements of the crime or tort - depending on who is doing the suing here - still need to be fulfilled.)

Criminally, assault is necessary to have a battery, and you can be convicted of both but only sentenced for one. And OP has no defense of self-defense because throwing a brick isn't going to be seen as necessary and proportionate to the verbal harassment.

In tort law, assault and battery are separate things and because he threw the brick at the vehicle closely associated to the persons inside, its battery, not assault.

OP should have called 911 or simply diverted his walking path. If the people in the car stopped and got out and came after him, only then would throwing the brick possibly be legally justified.

Realistically, OP needs to find a new walking path because they'll likely cruise by again and you don't know if they'll do something stupid like bring a gun this time (and OP is lucky they didn't do that last time).

And of course, what OP did from a vigilante justice standpoint sounds cool but there's a reason vigilante justice usually only plays out successfully in fiction.

Finally, anyone with the means to leave Bakersfield, CA should leave Bakersfield.

As a runner and road biker, I've become accustomed to fat people saying stupid shit. Hicks don't like either, I think they think these activities are a disingenious form of exercise for sedentary/non-farming types.

Best advice ever given from a fellow runner about these sorts. If shit does happen, and they try to get out of their car. position yourself so you can kick the door closed on their legs when they get out. Don't know if I'd be able to do it, but when I'm running is when I have the most adrenaline ever and get pissed off at anything that interrupts my run.

You did the right thing and most importantly you didn't get caught or witnessed. Nobody got hurt and you taught them a lesson. The police would have never responded to this call and you would have been wasting your time calling.

People just go insane when they are behind the wheel of a car. One time I had a guy get out at a stop light because I had passed him not even cutting him off, with a kid in the front seat. I just let him get up near by door and then turned right and laughed as he stood there in the middle of the road like an idiot.

hahaa that was great. normally you should be mature (for legal reasons) but that was too funny. id stay out of that area next time. who knows, maybe theyll be prepared when they see u. hopefully you dont live too close to the incident.

bread's done
Back