Pepsi Throwback kinda deal at Target

pigeon12

CAGiversary!
Hello!

Target has Pepsi/Mountain Dew throwback (with sugar) on sale for $2.50 an 8-pack. There is also a coupon to be found on the cases for a 4th one free when you buy 3. Also, if you buy 3, you get a free Pepsi T-shirt... well, at least in this Target (East Coast, Florida). Have a great day!

Didn't see any deals on the Throwback drinks at my Target yesterday. I'll have to check again today.

As for the actual drink, Pepsi Throwback taste alright but it doesn't stand out as much as I thought it would.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Is the only difference that these have sugar and not corn syrup?[/quote]

Yes but there is a difference. The pepsi one is a little more subtle but my wife and I still think it tastes better (not as good as whole foods coke though) The Mt. Dew one is alot better than the regular and will stockpiling some cases.

I really want to try it but I can't find it anywhere... I should really check Target but I'll be busy for a while.

Not sure about Montain Dew and Pepsi but the best Coke I've drank is the Coke from Mexico/Cental America. My wife likes to go to some hole-in-the-wall restaurants and I always order a south of the border Coke. No high-fructose corn syrup there. They do charge more for the imported Coke, though. :whistle2:|

I haven't noticed the "throwback" soda at Target. I'll pick some up just to try it out.

I purchased a 12 pack of Pepsi Throwback & Mountain Dew Throwback at Walmart, earlier this evening. I've tried the Pepsi but not the MD yet.

[quote name='emg28']Not sure about Montain Dew and Pepsi but the best Coke I've drank is the Coke from Mexico/Cental America. My wife likes to go to some hole-in-the-wall restaurants and I always order a south of the border Coke. No high-fructose corn syrup there. They do charge more for the imported Coke, though. :whistle2:|

I haven't noticed the "throwback" soda at Target. I'll pick some up just to try it out.[/QUOTE]

As a man who loves his Coke, I was a six pack a day addict for most of junior year in high school, its well worth the upcharge. I'll have to seek this Throwback Pepsi/Mt. Dew out.

Confirmed at my Target though the sign said the sale is until Saturday. They only had 12 packs of both Pepsi and Mountain Dew for $3.33 each. Not that great of a deal, but I haven't tried Mountain Dew Throwback yet. The coupon is good until May 17th though.

Anyone seen any of these deals on the west coast? I have seen the 12 packs ranging from 2.50-3.33 at a few Targets, but not any of the promos like the free t-shirt or the buy so many get one free.

[quote name='ninjabenja']Anyone seen any of these deals on the west coast? I have seen the 12 packs ranging from 2.50-3.33 at a few Targets, but not any of the promos like the free t-shirt or the buy so many get one free.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I live in the west coast and have seen the buy 3 get 1 deal. The coupon is on the box.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Is the only difference that these have sugar and not corn syrup?[/QUOTE]

I dunno, I think the Pepsi throwback (PT) has a 'mouth feel' that is "thinner" than regular Pepsi. It feels more like a slightly flat soda. Still pretty good, but I have no real cola preference. I drink Coke, Pepsi, RC, generic, it doesnt make me much difference.

My wife, otoh, thinks the PT tastes less sweet, on the order of Diet Coke (her preferred soda).

It's pretty much the same with the Dew-T. The regular feels thicker, more syrupy but I dont notice any big difference in taste. And I'm pretty much a 'Dew-a-Day' type of guy and there is no substitute (though I do miss Coke's "Surge" attempt, not quite Dew, but decent in it's own right).

Picked up a case of MD Throwback on clearance for $2.48. The MD scanned at $4.xx at the register and the cashier had to override the price. I only noticed a slight difference in the taste.

On a better note, I just found out that the Costco Business Center in my area sells cases of bottled Coke from Mexico. IIRC, the price is $19.xx for a case of 24 (a damn good deal). I'm not sure if regular Costcos carry them, though. This type of Costco caters to mostly businesses.

I have yet to find any stores in my area that stock these yet, I've been looking for them ever since they announced it

I've been buying them a buck a piece at walmart. I do not recommend Mountain Dew throwback. I gave 4 away at work because I hated them and all four people didn't like them. I do like the pepsi more than regular pepsi though so I'll check mine.

[quote name='Link927']I have yet to find any stores in my area that stock these yet, I've been looking for them ever since they announced it[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. I still haven't been able to find any... all I see is regular Pepsi.

[quote name='emg28']Not sure about Montain Dew and Pepsi but the best Coke I've drank is the Coke from Mexico/Cental America. My wife likes to go to some hole-in-the-wall restaurants and I always order a south of the border Coke. No high-fructose corn syrup there. They do charge more for the imported Coke, though. :whistle2:|

I haven't noticed the "throwback" soda at Target. I'll pick some up just to try it out.[/QUOTE]

I was excited when i heard about throwback because i thought it was going to taste the same as the one in Mexico but it doesn't. I still like it but i'm just dissapointed that it doesn't taste the same as soda in Mexico.

Hopefully Coke will follow the sugar trend and release one that tastes like the ones in Mexico.

bread's done
Back