Persona 2 and Rhapsody

WebScud

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
I walked in to EB today and they had three"pre-owned" copies of each title for $29.99. I know these were rare before the re-print...

But are they good games? Worth the $30?

I like like RPGs in the style of FFVII, not FFT it that helps.

[quote name='62t']Persona 2 - yes
Rhapsody - not really[/QUOTE]

That's what I was gathering form looking at the IGN reviews. Thanks. :)

Persona 2 - Yes.
Rhapsody - Yes if you can appreciate a light-hearted, funny story (like how Mario & Luigi's, but complete different in context of course). I honestly don't think Rhapsody would be that great had it not been for the funny story.

Rhapsody's battle system sounds like similar to Fire Emblem or Final Fantasy Tatics, which I'm not a fan of. Still worth the plunge?

[quote name='WebScud']Rhapsody's battle system sounds like similar to Fire Emblem or Final Fantasy Tatics, which I'm not a fan of. Still worth the plunge?[/QUOTE]
the game has random encounters, but the fight are like FFT. However there are usually fewer enemies. If you dont like those games, skip it.

[quote name='capitalist_mao']Persona 2 = part of the Shin Megami Tensei series (ie Digital Devil Saga). Just an FYI.[/QUOTE]

That's all that needs to be said. ;)

I just came back with Persona 2. Thanks for the input guys.

The EB guys were telling me that all those copies of Gitaroo Man, Persona 2, Rhapsody, and Breath of Fire weren't actually reprints. They were closing wherehouses down becuase of the merger and hit the jackpot. The reason they are being sold as preowned is because there is no new SKU in the system.

So...I guess there's no reprints. Just rediscovered stock.

[quote name='WebScud']I just came back with Persona 2. Thanks for the input guys.

The EB guys were telling me that all those copies of Gitaroo Man, Persona 2, Rhapsody, and Breath of Fire weren't actually reprints. They were closing wherehouses down becuase of the merger and hit the jackpot. The reason they are being sold as preowned is because there is no new SKU in the system.

So...I guess there's no reprints. Just rediscovered stock.[/QUOTE]

Liar, liar pants on fire. It seems that they've been trained to say this rather than it's a reprint and not an original copy. I love how people seem to know where stock comes from when they don't even know when new games are being released. I called EB yesterday about Samurai Showdown V and the guy told me it wasn't being released and if it was, then I was wrong about the release date. Half of these guys don't know the difference their ass and a hole in the wall.

[quote name='depascal22']Liar, liar pants on fire. It seems that they've been trained to say this rather than it's a reprint and not an original copy. I love how people seem to know where stock comes from when they don't even know when new games are being released. I called EB yesterday about Samurai Showdown V and the guy told me it wasn't being released and if it was, then I was wrong about the release date. Half of these guys don't know the difference their ass and a hole in the wall.[/QUOTE]

It just seems to me, that if there were a reprint Atlus/Koei/Capcom/etc. would renew their copyright.

Either way, the games can now be put in my hands at a resonable price.

But the big question is, why don't the publishers annouce the reprint if that's what it is? You'd think Atlus would have their own games on their own site. The "reprint" seems more like a gamer conspiracy than fact. ;)

[quote name='WebScud']But the big question is, why don't the publishers annouce the reprint if that's what it is? You'd think Atlus would have their own games on their own site. The "reprint" seems more like a gamer conspiracy than fact. ;)[/QUOTE]

Check out this article. It's a interesting read and answers your question.

I like both games. Rhapsody is a little too easy, but still fun.

I wish they would re-release Persona. Seems weird that we only get Persona 2.

[quote name='cletus']Check out this article. It's a interesting read and answers your question.[/QUOTE]

Great article,i might consider selling my suikoden ii and other rare rpgs.I don't want the next gamedirect reprint

No problem! :) I just noticed there was a thread in Game News about that article too. Personally, I'm glad they're doing the reprints and I'm surprised it took this long for a company to find this niche.

I think there is a low chance of Gamedirect getting permission to do a reprint of Suikoden 2 since Konami is releasing a port of it on the PSP. You never know though. I wouldn't mind seeing a reprint of Panzer Dragoon Saga. It'll give me a excuse to hook up the Saturn again.

b3b0p, Persona 2: Eternal Punishment is actually a companion game to Persona 2: Innocent Sin which was only released in Japan. Here is a site explaining a bit more about each as well as the first Persona. The site goes into detail about the entire Shin Megami Tensei series for anyone interested.

[quote name='b3b0p']I like both games. Rhapsody is a little too easy, but still fun.

I wish they would re-release Persona. Seems weird that we only get Persona 2.[/QUOTE]

Disagreed. Persona I was alright, but I don't think particularly warrants a re-release. What does however deserve a translation is, the other half of Eternal Punishment's story, Innocent Sin. I don't think anyone that played through Eternal Punishment didn't feel the fact that they can't get the full picture eating away at their innards.

[quote name='depascal22']I called EB yesterday about Samurai Showdown V and the guy told me it wasn't being released and if it was, then I was wrong about the release date. Half of these guys don't know the difference their ass and a hole in the wall.[/QUOTE]

Reminds me of years ago when I asked whether or not a store had an extra copy of FFT used. The guy behind the counter said no such game existed and that I was crazy. I then pulled a copy out of my bag from the other EB in the mall and showed him the EB SKU#. He was...quite helpful afterwards, to say the least. I've never seen someone turn red all over before though. What a sight!

bread's done
Back