Persona 2: Eternal Punishment - Preowned -- IN STOCK at Gamestop.com for $29.99

wow, was going to buy it new for $50, but never got around to it. If I knew this came complete I would jump on it. Thanks OP

[quote name='Prepster']wow, was going to buy it new for $50, but never got around to it. If I knew this came complete I would jump on it. Thanks OP[/QUOTE]

heh, same reason I haven't jumped on it yet...

Well, I know this is the wrong forum, but since its within a thread, I do happen to have a preowned complete version of the game...I wonder how much its worth to some people?

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']Well, I know this is the wrong forum, but since its within a thread, I do happen to have a preowned complete version of the game...I wonder how much its worth to some people?[/QUOTE]

i'd be interested... check my list

I seen this marked for $17.99 at a B&M store a few weeks ago (the same price I paid last year for a complete copy). That might be something to look into if any are coming up in the store locator.

Is it GS or EB that is notorious for used games coming in crap condition/disc only? If there's a sizeable chance this will come with the 2nd disc missing/scratched up/etc., then I won't spend much time debating whether to drop the cash...heh, by then I bet it'll be OOS again though.

[quote name='humidore']Is it GS or EB that is notorious for used games coming in crap condition/disc only? If there's a sizeable chance this will come with the 2nd disc missing/scratched up/etc., then I won't spend much time debating whether to drop the cash...heh, by then I bet it'll be OOS again though.[/QUOTE]
Both give games in shitty condition.

[quote name='humidore']Is it GS or EB that is notorious for used games coming in crap condition/disc only? If there's a sizeable chance this will come with the 2nd disc missing/scratched up/etc., then I won't spend much time debating whether to drop the cash...heh, by then I bet it'll be OOS again though.[/QUOTE]

To a certain extent, both but with EB you always have the option of instore return.

i wonder if gamestop got some of these from Atlus and just ripped them open. gamestop only gives like 4-7 bucks for it so i doubt someone picked it up for 50 then gave it to gamestop

This probably belongs in the "bragging" subforum, but what the hell. I ordered a copy of this after seeing this thread. It arrived today, media mail (free, after using one of the codes posted on this board), in excellent condition. It looks like it might have been part of the rediscovered cache that was mentioned in othetr threads. It's complete: box, manual, both discs (without any visible scratches). The only thing "wrong" with it is that the top of the case has a faint scratch across it, as if from a box cutter or something similar. I'm especially pleased, since this was my first order from Gamestop.com; to hear you all talk about them (not without cause, I understand) I half-expected to find a dead rat inside the box.

Thanks to cheapassgamer.com for being such an invaluable source of info for a cheap-ass gamer like myself!

icon_smile.gif

I think a few people traded in their disc only Rhapsody's and Persona 2's to Gamestop after they picked up new ones from recent reprint and that is why we are seeing these games that were rarely ever instock online.

[quote name='Morpheus']I think a few people traded in their disc only Rhapsody's and Persona 2's to Gamestop after they picked up new ones from recent reprint and that is why we are seeing these games that were rarely ever instock online.[/QUOTE]
Not the case.

I knew EB and Gamestop would get flooded with these due to people thinking their copy isn't worth much. Persona 2 never hit a real high as it is, and Rhapsody will probably be bakc at triple digits come Christmas time.

Bwa ha ha ha! finally snagged a copy. I've been after this for 3 odd years now. Did the store search, and had to drive all the way down to gd 8-mile (I live in MI, so yes THAT 8-mile), but it is mine! Soooo jubulent!

I didn't read the "secret cache" thread, but just by looking at the discs, case and manual, mine does look it could be brand new. But I'm no expert.

Its interesting to note that many of the stores on the locator say that more are on the way.

what is stupid is Gamestop is ripping these open. They should be selling them new for 50 but i dont think they have a UPC code in their system and are too lazy to put one in

[quote name='Rozz']Its interesting to note that many of the stores on the locator say that more are on the way.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I was never clear on whether the recent availability is because of an actual reprint or simply a cache found. The manual in the copy I just got still has that registration card insert, and it has that newly-printed paper smell. How much does it cost a game company to reprint something? Does the average going price on eBay and the demand from niche gamers indicate to Atlus that there's enough of a market to warrant a reprint? Trippy, man.

[quote name='slidecage']what is stupid is Gamestop is ripping these open. They should be selling them new for 50 but i dont think they have a UPC code in their system and are too lazy to put one in[/QUOTE]

If they did that, it would be hard to sell them.

bread's done
Back