Persona 3 $41.99 + $0.99 S&H and TotA $27.64 + $0.99 S&H @ FamilyVideo.com

sirplue

CAGiversary!
Feedback
202 (100%)
YES, another family video thread... lol

i'm kicking myself right now for biting so soon when TotA dropped to $29.99 @ JR.com :bomb:

4u0whlu.jpg

http://shop.famvid.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=229839

4vn3i45.jpg

http://shop.famvid.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=243583

new members use coupon code: NEWPGMEM (and take an extra $5.00 off your order)

That Persona 3 is great and all but...

I fricken waited 3 extra weeks for that game (due to the artbook delay) and I'm not about to wait another 5-10 days of my summer vacation just to save ~$7.

Dammit... I just bought TotA from J&R for like $32.xx. I'm wondering if I should get Persona 3 form Family Video or Amazon. It's $9 cheaper at FV but I have credit at Amazon.

Speaking of which, Gamestop has yet to cancel my preorder for Persona 3 after 2 requests!

Thanks OP! Grabbed P3. I figure if I've waited a few months, I might as well wait another 5 or 6 days. $37.98 sure beats any of the other prices I've seen out there, especially with Amazon going back up to $49.99.

eh, too lazy to cancel my amazon preorder of P3.
Nice find,though.

I'll keep this site in mind for future, I imagine amazon would be faster though.

How long does this "99 cent" shipping take?

and all Persona 3's come with a music cd and art book, right?

Yeah, every single P3 copy comes with the music and artbook (which was why Atlus delayed the game 3 weeks -_-).

This deal is good, but I rather pick it up as soon as possible, I've waited too long to play this game.

I'm snagging this deal and cancelling my amazon preorder, as soon as someone verifies how long 99 cent shipping takes. I'd imagine it'd be done by regular mail. yuck. im in no hurry though.

i ordered Mario Party 8 before. they shipped by USPS using bubble envelope. I think it took 5 days after game release date.

Thanks to my huge backlog, I won't be playing this game right away anyway so to me it doesn't matter how long it takes for the game to arrive, as long as I get it. Plus, I am a CAG so saving $10 takes priority over getting the game faster.

when I ordered Fable: the lost chapters and Halo a while back, the shipping was rediculously fast (to Hawaii), like within 5 days or something crazy like that. Much faster than Amazon and Gamestop, using their cheapest/free shipping. The only online store I've used that had cheap + fast shipping on this level was CDUniverse (and even then, it's 3-ish bucks, iirc).

shipping is FAST for $0.99, and well worth it, imo.

[quote name='McNutsack']I'm snagging this deal and cancelling my amazon preorder, as soon as someone verifies how long 99 cent shipping takes. I'd imagine it'd be done by regular mail. yuck. im in no hurry though.[/quote]

USPS 1st class 5 - 10 days per their website.

Others I have heard say that it comes much faster.

Thanks OP. Was gonna do GC at Buy.com for Pesona 3, but this is $2 cheaper! Score. Only bad thing is I have to go back to teaching on the 17th, so play time will be scarce. This happens every summer-until now it's been Nippon Ichi games that have always come out the day before vacation's over.

Geez, I already ordered P3 when it was at the $46.xx price. >_< I sent them an email about adjusting the price down for me.

sweet...ordered!

if you are not a new customer, NEWMEM3F is supposed to work. it at least get you $3 off.

strangely its not working for me. someone mentioned on another thread you might be limited to one use per day.

[quote name='Link127']sweet...ordered!

if you are not a new customer, NEWMEM3F is supposed to work. it at least get you $3 off.

strangely its not working for me. someone mentioned on another thread you might be limited to one use per day.
[/quote]

Where do you find other coupons?
I'd like to know so I can use more in future, since I just used my new member coupon.

[quote name='McNutsack']Where do you find other coupons?
I'd like to know so I can use more in future, since I just used my new member coupon.[/quote]
found it from CAG of course!

i used my new member one on P3, tried using NEWMEM3F (the return customer one) on Tales, but it said the coupon was invalid or expired.

im trying to find out why, maybe there is one coupon per day limit as someone mentioned on another FV thread.

Thanks OP! I hope they can fill they orders! I cancelled my amazon order to get this, saved me $9 -- awesome! Thanks again OP! :bouncy:

The real question is...
DOES IT COME WITH This?!??!?!
cuz from amazon.com you can get all this junk as well.

BONUS!
Order Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 and in the box you'll receive:

moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg

* 52-page Color Art Book
* Soundtrack CD featuring 18 songs from the game
* Outer Collector's Box

hmm picture not working. whateva's

[quote name='T3kN']The real question is...
DOES IT COME WITH This?!??!?!
cuz from amazon.com you can get all this junk as well.

BONUS!
Order Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 and in the box you'll receive:

moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg

* 52-page Color Art Book
* Soundtrack CD featuring 18 songs from the game
* Outer Collector's Box

hmm picture not working. whateva's

[/quote]
YES. All copies come with those items because it's packaged in with the game. It's not an exclusive from Amazon or anything. Just like Ar tonelico and Magna Carta and the original Digital Devil Saga or the upcoming Wild Arms 5 and Growlanser: Heritage of War.

[quote name='mxpowar']YES. All copies come with those items because it's packaged in with the game. It's not an exclusive from Amazon or anything. Just like Ar tonelico and Magna Carta and the original Digital Devil Saga or the upcoming Wild Arms 5 and Growlanser: Heritage of War.[/quote]

Damnit. Thanks for reminding me about Wild Arms 5 and Growlanser. Now I need to get 2 more games...

Well I decided that this is a good enough price for me to get in on. Throw on the $5 new user coupon and it was a good find. Thanks OP

Do they ship in boxes or padded envelopes? Persona 3 is a good deal but it ships in an envelope, chances are it will get crushed enroute.

[quote name='eau']Do they ship in boxes or padded envelopes? Persona 3 is a good deal but it ships in an envelope, chances are it will get crushed enroute.[/QUOTE]
Exactly what I was worried about.

I'm pretty sure they ship in envelopes... but I'm going to just take a risk.

I went ahead and order from them. It's basically a $13 savings which is good enough for me and I'm just hoping it doesn't come smashed to pieces.

99% of the time, padded envelopes are enough to protect it, I think. I get games in envelopes from trading on Goozex and they arrive in good condition. But it could happen, I guess, if you're the type that's unlucky. LOL

I also ordered the game back when it was $46.87 and I used a new customer discount coupon for $5.00 off, the total with the $0.99 shipping was: $42.86.

I just e-mailed them about it. I hope they'll adjust the price to $37.98, but I don't see why they wouldn't. I mean, if I already made the order for the same item, why should I be punished for buying it from them earlier, right?

I'm really thinking of jumping on Tales of the Abyss for $25.63 (after $3.00 coupon and shipping). Its certainly cheaper and easier than a trying to find a used copy (let alone a used copy with the inserts and book) at GameStop... plus this way its brand new.

[quote name='mxpowar']YES. All copies come with those items because it's packaged in with the game. It's not an exclusive from Amazon or anything. Just like Ar tonelico and Magna Carta and the original Digital Devil Saga or the upcoming Wild Arms 5 and Growlanser: Heritage of War.[/quote]
I havent seen the Wild Arms packaging, but I just saw Growlansers, and read that it will only be sold for ONE print, then never again! (until gamequest direct reprints, that is, LOL)

Question is, before I preorder a $50 ps2 game (ouch), what are the chances of the game being good?
Atlus doesn't always make pure gold, ya know?
I'd hate to get it and see it gets like 5.0 reviews.
Also, best deal available on Growlanser: Heritage of War?
Amazon maybe?

I might bite on Persona 3 as im a new customer. $41.99 - $5 + $.99 = 37.98 not to bad. And its not a game im gonna wait to see if it clearances early. And considering i paid more than that for Nocturne used its a good deal. plus box sets used never seem to be very good condition.

Just placed my order for P3 put in the $5savings code which is
NEWMEM5F

Sub-Total: $41.99
99¢ Shipping (5-10 business days; USPS): $0.99
Coupon Discount: -$5.00
Total: $37.98

[quote name='McNutsack']I havent seen the Wild Arms packaging, but I just saw Growlansers, and read that it will only be sold for ONE print, then never again! (until gamequest direct reprints, that is, LOL)

Question is, before I preorder a $50 ps2 game (ouch), what are the chances of the game being good?
Atlus doesn't always make pure gold, ya know?
I'd hate to get it and see it gets like 5.0 reviews.
Also, best deal available on Growlanser: Heritage of War?
Amazon maybe?[/QUOTE]
Well, you gotta think it will probably be like Growlanser Generations but I heard it might have more action-rpg elements than Generations did, kinda of like Star Ocean, if you know what I mean. But I'm not sure, though, so don't hold me to it. Anyway, with Atlus, you don't always have a choice; either buy it when it comes out or pay through the nose later, so you might have to take a gamble and then if you don't like it, you can resell it right away.

[quote name='chewster777']Darnnit... ToA is out of stock now. I waited too long...[/quote]

keep checking back throughout the next few days. I've noticed that when Family Video gets a large influx of orders for any given item, they regulate orders to make sure they can all be fulfilled. The same happened with Fable: The Lost Chapters and Halo way back, they went in and out of stock over a number of days.

Darn, I have to wait till ToA comes back. I also bought Persona 3 here. Cheaper than Amazon and probably ships faster.

Thanks OP!
I canceled my P3 Amazon pre-order (I made sure to let them know why).

I was able to use the coupon NEWPGMEM with no problems.
Awesome!

[quote name='eau']Do they ship in boxes or padded envelopes? Persona 3 is a good deal but it ships in an envelope, chances are it will get crushed enroute.[/quote]

I ordered Victorious Boxers 2 from them and I believe it came in a padded envelope. but that was for a regular size game maybe Persona 3 will be too big to fit in a padded envelope.

For those of us who ordered before the price reduction, they sent me an email:

Hello Jeremy,

Once your order ships and is billed then we can deduct the difference from your credit card. Simply send us a reminder email once you receive your order.

Thank you for choosing FamilyVideo.com as your choice for entertainment.

Your Friends at FamilyVideo.com

1-888-332-6843

I believe they're doing it this way so they don't have to authorize the amount on my card again. Hopefully, it won't be a big deal to get the ~$5 back after I get the game.

I'm tempted to order Persona 3, but I can't decide. Do you guys know if the game they FamilyVideo is selling is the Special Edition, or just the regular edition. On their website there is no mention of the bonus material, but all other online places definitely advertise the fact that it's the special editon. Also, since I only have a PS3 I'm wondering how well it will play on it?

bread's done
Back