Persona 3 FES now $22.99 @ amazon

forgot2panic

CAG Veteran
Been wanting to pick this up for in preparation for Persona 4, which I preordered. They recently raised the price from $28 up to $30, to my disappointment. Though after checking this morning and seeing it down at $23, I didn't hesitate to add it to my cart.

http://www.amazon.com/Shin-Megami-Tensei-Persona-Playstation-2/dp/B0014CN2H6/ref=pd_sim_vg_3[/html]

For those interested, I also found they'd lowered the price on Hotel Dusk to $16.99.

http://www.amazon.com/Hotel-Dusk-Room-215-Nintendo-DS/dp/B000KRXA28/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1227281953&sr=1-1

So much for a limited print. If I knew it was going to be like this, I wouldn't have bought it for full price.

Yeah, I think at this point we can officially retire the idea that Atlus games might be limited or rare. Preorder bonuses are the only reason not to wait for the inevitable drop.

[quote name='ruibing']So much for a limited print. If I knew it was going to be like this, I wouldn't have bought it for full price.[/quote]

When did they ever say it was gonna be limited ? The reason this even came out here was because of the success of Persona 3,so I don't see why they wouldn't press a bunch of copies.....

Well, Persona has become Atlus' flagship franchise. It doesn't make good business sense to keep their production run so limited. Not so sure we can apply this to smaller series. Wish there was some way of getting the manufacturing figures on this sort of thing.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']So cheap for such an amazing game... a very, very long game too.[/quote]

Yeah it's ridiculous. My first playthrough of The Journey was something like 70 hours, and I didn't even finish everything, and only ended up with like 70% of the Personas registered. And considering that The Answer is ~30 hours to finish (for me at least), I paid like $0.30 for each hour of fun.

I don't think Atlus is all about limited print runs, but rather they are about being a small publisher and not getting huge ea or 1st party sales.

Their recent decisions to reprint some of the more popular titles at lower prices is probably due to the current financial climate. If Amazon can move a thousand units of a Persona reprint at $40 in a very short time, that could really help them. Assuming Atlus gets something like $20/game, well that $20,000 is greatly improving their bottom line.

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']When did they ever say it was gonna be limited ? The reason this even came out here was because of the success of Persona 3,so I don't see why they wouldn't press a bunch of copies.....[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't know how people got that idea in their heads. Atlus never said the game was going to be limited.

Also, awesome price. If I don't snatch the game up for $20 at GC on Black Friday, then hopefully I can get it from Amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never played a Persona before, but on a whim I decided to call my peeps at Gamestop and they had two new copies of this they were holding for 'the right customer'. They're a weird bunch over there, but suffice to say that they said it was mine if I wanted it for $19.99. Should I go for it? :p

[quote name='gimmedemgames']I've never played a Persona before, but on a whim I decided to call my peeps at Gamestop and they had two new copies of this they were holding for 'the right customer'. They're a weird bunch over there, but suffice to say that they said it was mine if I wanted it for $19.99. Should I go for it? :p[/quote]

$19.99?! heck yes it's worth it.

oh wait, you've never played a Persona before? Get it anyway. Totally worth it and if you enjoy it then you've got the 4th one coming out next month.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']I have the original, but I may be tempted for the second disk on this...

Second disk worth it at $23?[/quote]

Well, FES is actually 1 disc. The extra content is just divided, since the main part is The Journey, the extra content is The Answer.

Also, FES also adds stuff to The Journey (main game) like new Personas, weapons, and armor. If you've already played Persona 3, it's iffy. There is quite a bit of new stuff, along with making social links a little easier as well as doing some new stuff for maxing them out. The price tag is questionable. Unfortunately, it's 19.99 new at GS, but the used price is still 26.99.

Long story short: if you can spare the cash, and wanted to play an enhanced main quest + bonus content (takes roughly 20-30 hours), then yes, get it.

bread's done
Back