Persona 3 FES orders on Amazon...

MegaKungFuRadio

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
So I order mine back in March and it says it won't ship until the 28th...

Meanwhile, if I were to order one now and shell for one-day shipping, it would arrive tomorrow (the 24th.).

Why did I even pre-order if mine will end up coming later than the impulse buyers?

(Well, the answer is that I was personally worried about potential stock shortages, but since that doesn't appear to be the case, I'm really wondering why my copy will ship 6 days after the release date...).

I've pre-ordered from Amazon once before and didn't have this problem, any one else pre-order and have this problem, or is it just me and my usual luck?

I ordered rondo of swords from amazon the other day and it said it wouldn't ship until the 28th but it shipped today. It's probably just a way to protect themselves since it's a smaller title.

I imagine your order status says shipping soon like mine, which likely means it will go out today. Seems like they had a hiccup with some inventory and didn't get enough to ship out all their preorders yesterday.

I have no doubt I'll get my order earlier than their estimate (I always do, living in California within spitting distance of one of their shipping facilities.), and if it ships out later today I would neither be surprised or upset. Any later though, then I'll start questioning their handling of my order. Honestly, I don't know why this is bothering me as much as it is, but it just does. Maybe because this is the first game I let myself get hyped enough about to preorder since Mass Effect.

I preordered and they emailed me similar news, so I get to wait and see. I shot them an email to customer service since this is the second order they delayed on me and I just wanted to tell them I was disappointed for the back to back delays ever since I started their trial prime program so I figure I'll be canceling that since it really didn't add any convenience to the delivery if items are being pushed back.

But who knows they might be just covering themselves and they might ship it out sooner, but that remains to be seen.

[quote name='MegaKungFuRadio']So I order mine back in March and it says it won't ship until the 28th...

Meanwhile, if I were to order one now and shell for one-day shipping, it would arrive tomorrow (the 24th.).

Why did I even pre-order if mine will end up coming later than the impulse buyers?

(Well, the answer is that I was personally worried about potential stock shortages, but since that doesn't appear to be the case, I'm really wondering why my copy will ship 6 days after the release date...).

I've pre-ordered from Amazon once before and didn't have this problem, any one else pre-order and have this problem, or is it just me and my usual luck?[/quote]

They'd be paying extra for Amazon to get it to them quicker. I assume you used the free shipping option? That's why.

[quote name='MegaKungFuRadio']I have no doubt I'll get my order earlier than their estimate (I always do, living in California within spitting distance of one of their shipping facilities.), and if it ships out later today I would neither be surprised or upset. Any later though, then I'll start questioning their handling of my order. Honestly, I don't know why this is bothering me as much as it is, but it just does. Maybe because this is the first game I let myself get hyped enough about to preorder since Mass Effect.[/quote]

I had mine on preorder and I got a "it's shipped" email either this morning or last night. It had said will be shipping on the 29th originaly, with something under it saying they would not even be gotting it until the 24th (release was 22nd?). I guess they got it sooner than expected and have started shipping it out. I have the super saver shipping (should be here by 28th by their estimate)

I don't get it...
why do some people need it so bad right away?
i mean your gonna get it eventually why spaz over 4 days of waiting?
the game is always going to be somewhere!

can someone explain?

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']I don't get it...
why do some people need it so bad right away?
i mean your gonna get it eventually why spaz over 4 days of waiting?
the game is always going to be somewhere!

can someone explain?[/quote]

eager to play what you paid for would be my first guess:roll:

1) When you use the Super Saver Shipping option, the shipping estimate will always be off. Amazon does this to cover themselves. I have had items arrive at my house before they were even suppose to ship.

2) As someone else said, people who paid extra to get overnight will obviously get it first. It doesn't matter if you ordered three months ago or three days ago, Amazon is obviously going to ship out the overnight orders quicker.

Did you get some sort of delayed email? I've ordered two Atlus titles since they started using Amazon as their store and got an email both times even they had already been released. I believe there may be a connection.

Mine still hadn't shipped, and it said that it was going to ship on the 28th. It was the first time I had pre-ordered from Amazon. I ended up cancelling that order and then placing a new one. The new shipping estimate says tomorrow. All the items in my order were supposedly in stock. It has kind of turned me off from pre-ordering on Amazon, though there is no place to do it in the town I go to college in. Guess I'll just have to wait until release next time.

You guys are pushing my buttons. Each time I see another P3 FES thread, I want to buy it. I thinking I might get a bad copy at goozex if I wait for it.

bread's done
Back