Persona 3 Price Drop?

Possible it'll be OOP b4 it drop. I still holding for Price drop and hope i can get it around $30 or less. Esspecially, amazon DOTD could happen :)

There have been two games in my life I have payed full retail for and those were The Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess and Pokemon Diamond. I refuse to let this be my third!

You could have eventually paid less than full price for Zelda and pokemon, but Perona 3 you could pay more than retail price.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Possible it'll be OOP b4 it drop. I still holding for Price drop and hope i can get it around $30 or less. Esspecially, amazon DOTD could happen :)[/QUOTE]
DOTD is to get rid of stuff that wont sell

[quote name='electronicmaji']There have been two games in my life I have payed full retail for and those were The Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess and Pokemon Diamond. I refuse to let this be my third![/QUOTE]

That's fine.

Atlus doesn't always print large quantities of its games, so you may not have to worry about this one being your third full price game. As you may never get to buy it period.

I'd go with GCO at buy.com, for $40 or say goodbye to the game. The only two PS2 games I remember paying full price for are Disgaea (which was a good deal till the reprint) and Katamari Damacy (full price was $20), and I even gave in and got this for 40 through buy.com.

man u guys are already wanting a price drop so close to release date? it will most likely me OOP before that happens...just buy it, it comes with an artbook and OST and its a great game...

[quote name='Gourd']That's fine.

Atlus doesn't always print large quantities of its games, so you may not have to worry about this one being your third full price game. As you may never get to buy it period.[/QUOTE]

meh ...emulators and isos ftw

rather do it legally but if not its no that big of a deal to me.

There is *no* good speed PS2 emulator, and I doubt there ever will be at this point. Last one I saw could get to maybe 10% speed. Just buy the damn game, its not like your buying another sequel/0* game from EA, your actually supporting a *good* developer.

[quote name='happy']I'd go with GCO at buy.com, for $40 or say goodbye to the game. The only two PS2 games I remember paying full price for are Disgaea (which was a good deal till the reprint) and Katamari Damacy (full price was $20), and I even gave in and got this for 40 through buy.com.[/QUOTE]

Less than $40 at Buy.com actually. That's how I got mine, and it's definitely worth it.

[quote name='electronicmaji']There have been two games in my life I have payed full retail for and those were The Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess and Pokemon Diamond. I refuse to let this be my third![/QUOTE]
Pokemon Diamond was like $8 off on day 1.

If you've never used Family Video before, there's a deal on the first page of the deals forum for 41.99. Now you could wait and see if it gets cheaper, or you could never see the game again on shelves. It's a toss-up, really.

my problem is seeing all the Devil Summoner games everywhere. I have all the rest, so im sure ill buy persona 3 soon. I am seeing as many copies of persona as devil summoner, unlike the other megaten games. I am optimistic there will be a price drop. I may be completely wrong though, as it seems this is way more popular than devil summoner.

[quote name='Burchamj']my problem is seeing all the Devil Summoner games everywhere. I have all the rest, so im sure ill buy persona 3 soon. I am seeing as many copies of persona as devil summoner, unlike the other megaten games. I am optimistic there will be a price drop. I may be completely wrong though, as it seems this is way more popular than devil summoner.[/QUOTE]
well Persona 3 just came out and it was awesome!

Devil Summoner was medicore so thats why it didnt sell well thats why there is so many copies....most games stores over here our sold out of Persona 3 already...this game is as good as or even better than Nocturne and Digitial Devil Saga so the value on it will definitly hold...come on ppl! the more ppl buy Persona 3, the better chance we will have Persona 3 FES come stateside!!!;)

It'll be $16 at Toys R Us in a year. Trust me.

If worse comes to worse, you could always fling some backlog at Crapstop or something. But.. if you don't want to gamble on it, I'd say get it now with how Atlus is. The first game that I've paid full price for in a couple years was Odin Sphere.. with the reviews that both Odin Sphere and Persona 3 have been getting, I have a feeling that you'll only see the price go up since both seem to be the PS2's Swan Song (reminds me a little of Chrono Trigger honestly).

[quote name='georox']There is *no* good speed PS2 emulator, and I doubt there ever will be at this point. Last one I saw could get to maybe 10% speed. Just buy the damn game, its not like your buying another sequel/0* game from EA, your actually supporting a *good* developer.[/QUOTE]

1. I don't even have a ps2 anymore.
2. Ps2 emulation has come a long way in the past 2 months. It runs %80 speed on %65 percent of games on most mid end computers.
3. Whats the point if they will sell out eventually anyways?

nothing wrong with iso or emu....
=)

my persona 3 was $39, and it's not unwrapped yet...
if you catch my drift.

Do what you want. You can still play the game before you buy it...especially since you don't have a ps2 lol, but I assume you have a ps3. and it seems like you may want to buy it for collector reasons.

Well... FamilyVideo has it at $46 with a $5 discount for new members and $0.99 shipping. And Buy.com has it for $49.99, but if you sign up for Google Checkout and select Budget Shipping, you can get it for exactly $39.99, no more, no less. But that's as much of a "price drop" I've seen, besides the ever ellusive eBay.

bread's done
Back