Persona 3 Used In-Stock @ Gamestop.com, $40 Shipped after 25% Coupon

One can only imagine how butchered these copies will be. Good find, though. Didn't think we'd see these available on a large enough scale for them to put up online.

header_prod_usedlong.gif

buy at your own risk i guess

I actually found a new copy at gamestop a week or so ago. :) If anyones on the fence about it its a great game. Been eating my life for a whole week and a half already logged 40 hours lol.

[quote name='phear3d']
header_prod_usedlong.gif

buy at your own risk i guess[/quote]

Indeed. Hope you don't mind a disc only copy!

BTW they should update that warning to be:

"USED - May Not Include Box or Instructions, but MAY Include Scratches and Scuff Marks on Disc"

The code doesnt work for me, says it wont work on bundled items, even though they probably won't sent it with bundled items..

Anyone else having this problem? Without the 25% off I would rather just go to Sears and get a new sealed copy for 49.99

EDIT: Ok, I guess I should have read it all, have to finish checkout to have it applied. At the end of checkout it comes to 39.11 for me with shipping and tax. Now the decision of buying this or saving for a DS lite...hmmm....

[quote name='Reiniku']With a 50% markup for buy it now, aren't we generous?[/quote]

My aren't we illiterate?

"Its not really cheap, but its about the EBay going rate."

He never claimed it was a super mega awesome deal.

I would recommend searching out for a new copy if possible. At least to me the art book is really nice and the music CD isn't bad too (but you do hear the music plenty in the game).

[quote name='Reiniku']With a 50% markup for buy it now, aren't we generous?[/QUOTE]

Don't buy it then.... at the same time, its the cheapest one new on Ebay for buy it now. Demand dictates price...maybe a course in economics would help you not be such a tool?

BTW, thanks Noodle Pirate! :) You're cool in my book.

Dude, thank you. I don't know why the game didn't show up in my previous searches. Maybe they just got enough in to post it. Hmmm.

I've purchased it and with the discount it came just under $40. Not bad for front door service. Now I don't have to mod my PS2 just to play it;) Or go door to door to every Target and Kmart within a 50 miles radius. The savings in time and gas alone make this worth it. The downside though, is the lack of case and instructions. And the fact that the previous owner used it to scratch his or her ass with it. The only other game I have purchased online from gamespot was Twisted Metal Black, and it was just the disk and scratched to hell and back. Yet it somehow played. It will be fun to play Persona 3 for 30 hours then get to an unreadable point on the disk. And to return the game will be met by "we don't have any more, store credit?" A risky purchase no doubt.

[quote name='Reiniku']With a 50% markup for buy it now, aren't we generous?[/quote]

I'm sure you can find a "better" deal if you just go to some retail stores.
But he can put whatever price he wants.

I'm waiting for a while to sell my copy.
As it's getting harder and harder to find by the day.

[quote name='jousley']Ive got one for sale new on Ebay atm too if anyone is interested. Free Shipping for fellow CAGers. Its not really cheap, but its about the EBay going rate. I bought the last two from Sears and figured any profit I make off selling one will save me money on the copy that I kept.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330205096382&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=014[/QUOTE]

Dont link to ebay here or risk getting squashed

GS version is already Back Ordered

[quote name='Locke588']Compusa.com has Persona 3 in stock for 48.99[/quote]

Thanks Locke. Just picked up one to have a sealed one on hand. Nice find there. :D

[quote name='Locke588']Compusa.com has Persona 3 in stock for 48.99[/quote]

You, mine friend, just made my day! Darn shipping is a rip, but I had little problem making an exception for this game. In for one!

Thank You!

[quote name='VWarrior']You, mine friend, just made my day! Darn shipping is a rip, but I had little problem making an exception for this game. In for one!

Thank You![/quote]

Yeah I know, it cost me $7.50 for shipping :roll:

Oh well, for a sealed copy of this game it's worth it. It told me my delivery date wasn't until Feb. 12, for some reason.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']Just FYI,
I wouldn't be surprised if CompUSA lied.
Especially since they are being taken over.[/quote]
It looks like compusa.com is now part of Systemax Inc (same people that own tigerdirect) so I wouldn't worry about the closing of CompUSA effecting online sales.

[quote name='mguiddy']It looks like compusa.com is now part of Systemax Inc (same people that own tigerdirect) so I wouldn't worry about the closing of CompUSA effecting online sales.[/quote]

Their customer service will go to hell instead.

[quote name='forumreader']Does anyone remember what a new copy of this went for? There is a store near me that has it, and I might go pick it up.[/quote]
I'd roughly estimate sealed copies average about $75 nowadays and will likely continue to increase as the game becomes increasingly rare.

Now if I can only find a deal like this on Nocturne!!!

[quote name='VWarrior']I'd roughly estimate sealed copies average about $75 nowadays and will likely continue to increase as the game becomes increasingly rare.

Now if I can only find a deal like this on Nocturne!!![/QUOTE]

Yeah, a retail store has it, but behind the glass so I didn't check the price. Was the MSRP on it $49.99 new, or more because it's a special edition?

[quote name='forumreader']Yeah, a retail store has it, but behind the glass so I didn't check the price. Was the MSRP on it $49.99 new, or more because it's a special edition?[/quote]

Not sure. But if i had to guess, i'd say it was probably no more than $59.99. But it seems there is only one way to find out.

Wow. Even though I haven't touched it since it arrived from Amazon last year, my gaming paranoia paid off for once.

Maybe this'll be the year I get around to my ever-accumulating pile of JRPG shame. Ha. Good one, JD!

[quote name='forumreader']Yeah, a retail store has it, but behind the glass so I didn't check the price. Was the MSRP on it $49.99 new, or more because it's a special edition?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure the standalone was 49.99 and the LE was a bit more.

[quote name='SGT Killjoy']Pretty sure the standalone was 49.99 and the LE was a bit more.[/QUOTE]

LE was 49.99 there wasn't a standalone edition

There wasn't a "standard" edition. All copies came/comes with the art book and soundtrack and retail for $49.99.

Yeah if you are going to get it, jump on it if you can find it for retail anymore. Retail price was $50..and its only now getting the attention it deserved when it released. Its very worth the price.

Every Kmart near me had copies of this up the wazoo, I finally said eff it and picked them all up today, so I'm sitting on 5 sealed copies. If anyone is looking for one, and actually want to have it arrive new and sealed with everything intact, make me an offer.

I just can't see buying this one used and risking not getting the amazing art book, and sweet sound track.

This game is a lot of fun (as long as you don't hate JRPGs) and will suck up a ton of your time. Definitely worth it for anyone on the fence!

[quote name='Veronica Mars']You guys, look for it at retail stores beside paying people extra!
It might take a couple days, but you can find it.[/quote]

Yes, but as I think someone mentioned earlier in the thread, the money you might potentially spend in gas, tolls, and time can add up quick. Before you know it, you were probably better off just paying more eBay. If anything, try to call every local store you can think of. In my experience, many are useless when calling about stock, but some will actually check, and you might get lucky. That way, you don't need to travel from store to store.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Yes, but as I think someone mentioned earlier in the thread, the money you might potentially spend in gas, tolls, and time can add up quick. Before you know it, you were probably better off just paying more eBay. If anything, try to call every local store you can think of. In my experience, many are useless when calling about stock, but some will actually check, and you might get lucky. That way, you don't need to travel from store to store.[/quote]

I guess.
Well, what I do, is when I go to stores for whatever reason, I just check the games/electornic section.
I don't drive around just for the games, but I suppose some people do.

bread's done
Back