Persona 4 - $36.99 on Amazon now! (was $34.99)

[quote name='chrisflyer']I got my FES bundle today. Oddly enough, my artbook is bound upside down. When looking at the cover rightside up, the pages are upside down... Whoops![/quote]

Wow, I would hate for that to happen to mine. I bought the extra bundle specifically for the artbook (more so than the CD, at least) since I already owned FES. I'm hoping my art book is normal.

Out of curiosity, when are your P4 orders scheduled to ship? Checking now, my order has been split so that the game and the extras will ship separately, with both shipments scheduled to occur on the 15th, almost a full week after the game actually comes out.

I did have to change the shipping address of my order since I'm moving in a couple weeks, so I'm wondering if that bumped me down the queue that badly.

[quote name='StarCreator']Out of curiosity, when are your P4 orders scheduled to ship? Checking now, my order has been split so that the game and the extras will ship separately, with both shipments scheduled to occur on the 15th, almost a full week after the game actually comes out.

I did have to change the shipping address of my order since I'm moving in a couple weeks, so I'm wondering if that bumped me down the queue that badly.[/QUOTE]

Ya I am not set till next Friday too which kinda pisses me off. But meh free shipping and holiday season soooooo

I wouldn't worry about estimated shipping dates too much.. Amazon is fantastic on getting items shipped as soon as they possibly can, way before the date they estimate.

[quote name='donburns99']I wouldn't worry about estimated shipping dates too much.. Amazon is fantastic on getting items shipped as soon as they possibly can, way before the date they estimate.[/QUOTE]

not really .... at least not for me
I preorder Eternal Poison last month and Amazon didn't ship it until 4 days after the release date.

[quote name='wbc1228']not really .... at least not for me
I preorder Eternal Poison last month and Amazon didn't ship it until 4 days after the release date.[/quote]Well the release date and the estimate date are two different things.

Persona 4 is due 12/9, with some people having shipping dates of 12/15.

I have faith mine will most likely be shipped on between 12/11 and 12/13.

To me, it seems like they give the worst date possible, in case things go unexpected, but being as good as they are, they normally are able to beat their estimated dates.

Not only that, but from a business standpoint, it is good PR to give a date you know you can meet, but then be able to constantly beat that date for your customers. It gives them (us) a sense of getting 'special treatment'.

My estimated delivery is the 12th, actually, and I believe that if the game does come out on the 9th, they'll in fact be able to make their target delivery date. I expect they plan to ship it the 10th, if not the 9th. Maybe it depends upon when your pre-order was received. I also have Prime.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']The little softcover artbook that game with Eternal Poison was really awesome...[/quote]
I assume you haven't seen the preorder artbook for Luminous Arc 2. It's more awesome than EP :cool:

[quote name='eau']I assume you haven't seen the preorder artbook for Luminous Arc 2. It's more awesome than EP :cool:[/QUOTE]

Have a link or could you upload pics? Might make me pick it up.

They were both pretty awesome. The Luminous Arc book is larger and printed on thicker paper, but it's not glossy like the Eternal Poison book.

[quote name='donburns99']I wouldn't worry about estimated shipping dates too much.. Amazon is fantastic on getting items shipped as soon as they possibly can, way before the date they estimate.[/quote]

:lol: Amazon never ships pre-orders until release date. :lol:

[quote name='Vegan']:lol: Amazon never ships pre-orders until release date. :lol:[/quote][quote name='donburns99']I wouldn't worry about estimated shipping dates too much..[/quote]I never mentioned the release date.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']They were both pretty awesome. The Luminous Arc book is larger and printed on thicker paper, but it's not glossy like the Eternal Poison book.[/quote]

I just really like the art in Eternal Poison, for one thing, particularly the character art (the Majin designs not as much).

[quote name='Vegan']:lol: Amazon never ships pre-orders until release date. :lol:[/quote]

Once in a great while they do! Though I don't suppose it's on purpose unless it's one of the release date delivery items. That's always really fun.

[quote name='Vegan']:lol: Amazon never ships pre-orders until release date. :lol:[/quote]
Actually, for things like CDs, DVDs, and books, it's pretty common for them to ship preorders a few days before release. I often have preordered CDs ship on the Friday before the Tuesday release date. Videogames seem to be the exception, but I bet it happens sometimes.

The only thing about the glossy Eternal Poison art book is that it has a black cover, and it attracts fingerprints really, really easily. I wore gloves when I was tearing mine off the game case, so it wouldn't get fingerprinty. I now keep it sealed in a ziplock bag.

Also, it's much, much smaller than the Luminous Arc book. I like the thicker, non-glossy paper used for Luminous Arc more, too. The entire Luminous Arc 2 package is actually really, really nice.

Amazon also took more care shipping the Luminous Arc art book. It wasn't glued to anything, and it came packaged with the game in a manila envelope, inside of a box. It was in perfect condition, unlike my Eternal Poison one, which was dented and bent a bit around the corners.

Did I mention how much I

[quote name='eau']I assume you haven't seen the preorder artbook for Luminous Arc 2. It's more awesome than EP :cool:[/QUOTE]

The Luminous Arc 2 art book was the best one I have seen yet. I did like the EP artbook as well.

I am glad I just got in my $5.00 code from Amazon from buying Crono Trigger. Hopefully my $25.00 GC that is coming from Amanzon will make it here this week then I can only spend $5 out of pocket for this game.

[quote name='groundskeeper']The Luminous Arc 2 art book was the best one I have seen yet. I did like the EP artbook as well.[/QUOTE]

We have an RPG topic already, and a pre order bonus topic. But I am thinking of creating a pre order bonus topic specific to RPGs. I mean seriously it seems like a lot of us are missing out on pre order bonuses like EP and LA2 that we didn't realize were going on.

[quote name='MSI Magus']We have an RPG topic already, and a pre order bonus topic. But I am thinking of creating a pre order bonus topic specific to RPGs. I mean seriously it seems like a lot of us are missing out on pre order bonuses like EP and LA2 that we didn't realize were going on.[/QUOTE]

I dont think thats necessary. The OP for the gamestop topic has done a great job updating it regularly. Plus if you sign up for Atlus newsletter you would know about the bonus too

[quote name='MSI Magus']We have an RPG topic already, and a pre order bonus topic. But I am thinking of creating a pre order bonus topic specific to RPGs. I mean seriously it seems like a lot of us are missing out on pre order bonuses like EP and LA2 that we didn't realize were going on.[/quote]

There's really no excuse not to be a part of Atlus faithful :lol:

[quote name='donburns99']I wouldn't worry about estimated shipping dates too much.. Amazon is fantastic on getting items shipped as soon as they possibly can, way before the date they estimate.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='donburns99']I never mentioned the release date.[/QUOTE]

You stated that Amazon ship items WAY BEFORE the estimated ship date.
The estimated ship date is 12-15-08.
The release date is 12-9-08.
WAY BEFORE 12-15-08 would be the release date.
:lol:

[quote name='wbc1228']WAY BEFORE 12-15-08 would be the release date.
:lol:[/quote]Well if you want to take it out of context, 'WAY BEFORE' could even mean before you were born. Normal rational people can keep things realistic and in context. :roll:

[quote name='jacknicklson']There's really no excuse not to be a part of Atlus faithful :lol:[/QUOTE]

I thought I was.....my email must be spamming them...cant seem to find how to fix that though.

On an off topic, is the artbook and soundtrack CD with Persona 3 FES the same one as the ones included with the original Persona 3?

[quote name='Vinny']On an off topic, is the artbook and soundtrack CD with Persona 3 FES the same one as the ones included with the original Persona 3?[/quote]

Yes, I got my order in yesterday. The outer sleeve, book, and cd is the same as the original Persona 3. There is a new sheet on the back promoting Persona 4 and the Atlus faithful club.

Can anyone give me the atlus faithfull email addy? I am subscribed but think my spam filter is blocking them. I want to be able to put it in the approved group.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Can anyone give me the atlus faithfull email addy? I am subscribed but think my spam filter is blocking them. I want to be able to put it in the approved group.[/quote]

"Atlus"

[quote name='RowdyReiko007']Yes, I got my order in yesterday. The outer sleeve, book, and cd is the same as the original Persona 3. There is a new sheet on the back promoting Persona 4 and the Atlus faithful club.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

[quote name='donburns99']I would actually say they are both hardcover.

1. The P3 was hard cover, so why not P4?
[/QUOTE]
P3's was inside the package. P4's is not.
[quote name='donburns99']Okay then... well here you go. Satisfied now? ;)[/QUOTE]
You posted a picture of a softcover book. Have you ever seen a Japanese artbook before?

cant wait to get mines !
icon_smile.gif

[quote name='thelonepig']Amazon is charging me for Persona 4 already... maybe it'll ship early? Anyone else?[/quote]Not even preparing to ship here. What does it say under your account's orders page?

I just got an e-mail saying that my order for Persona 4 has been shipped!
Wow, it's a bit early...but since I choose free shipping, I probably won't be receiving it until after its release date >_>.....

[quote name='thelonepig']Amazon is charging me for Persona 4 already... maybe it'll ship early? Anyone else?[/quote]

WTShaq Fu? I have Prime, and mine isn't even preparing to ship yet. Why are some people's shipping out and mine isn't? I'm vexed.

They're probably just shipping the Shaq Fuing thing so they can immediately drop the price to $19.99 once it ships. "Oh, sorry, we can't price match it. You'll have to return it and buy it again."

Edit: Just had an idea. Maybe the reason some are shipping out now and mine isn't is BECAUSE I have Prime. Maybe they're shipping the "free shipping" folks sooner because it will take longer to arrive.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']WTShaq Fu? I have Prime, and mine isn't even preparing to ship yet. Why are some people's shipping out and mine isn't? I'm vexed.

They're probably just shipping the Shaq Fuing thing so they can immediately drop the price to $19.99 once it ships. "Oh, sorry, we can't price match it. You'll have to return it and buy it again."

Edit: Just had an idea. Maybe the reason some are shipping out now and mine isn't is BECAUSE I have Prime. Maybe they're shipping the "free shipping" folks sooner because it will take longer to arrive.[/quote]Decent idea, but I chose Free Shipping and mine isn't even preparing.

I'd say the order is based on when you pre-ordered.

So those who pre-ordered early are now processing/shipping, while those behind them in line are still waiting.

[quote name='donburns99']Irony.[/quote]

What's ironic about it? They should ship a day or two before, so that you receive it on release date, which is what most etailers do. But I've never received a pre-order on time from Amazon.

[quote name='Vegan']What's ironic about it?[/quote]Well in response to something I said, you said "Amazon never ships pre-orders until release date".

Well, has the release date passed? Is the release date today?

In your logic, no orders should not have shipped, yet some have.

Normally I wouldn't care or even comment on it, but since you said that as a smartass remark, I'd call that ironic.

[quote name='donburns99']Well in response to something I said, you said "Amazon never ships pre-orders until release date".

Well, has the release date passed? Is the release date today?

In your logic, no orders should not have shipped, yet some have.

Perhaps you don't, but I'd call that ironic.[/QUOTE]

Actually it's Saturday and the date that pre-orders are supposed to ship is Monday. Hence there is nothing ironic about it at all. UPS and Fedex won't even pick the orders up today, and USPS usually doesn't pick it up on the day Amazon notifies them of a shipment unless it's priority mail. Amazon most likely is just getting things together and notifying the shippers for a Monday pickup.

[quote name='Levizk']Actually it's Saturday and the date that pre-orders are supposed to ship is Monday. Hence there is nothing ironic about it at all. UPS and Fedex won't even pick the orders up today, and USPS usually doesn't pick it up on the day Amazon notifies them of a shipment unless it's priority mail. Amazon most likely is just getting things together and notifying the shippers for a Monday pickup.[/quote]That's a good point.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']WTShaq Fu? I have Prime, and mine isn't even preparing to ship yet. Why are some people's shipping out and mine isn't? I'm vexed.

Edit: Just had an idea. Maybe the reason some are shipping out now and mine isn't is BECAUSE I have Prime. Maybe they're shipping the "free shipping" folks sooner because it will take longer to arrive.[/quote]

I just received the shipping notice. It'll be here Tuesday (I have Prime).

[quote name='Levizk']Actually it's Saturday and the date that pre-orders are supposed to ship is Monday. Hence there is nothing ironic about it at all. UPS and Fedex won't even pick the orders up today, and USPS usually doesn't pick it up on the day Amazon notifies them of a shipment unless it's priority mail. Amazon most likely is just getting things together and notifying the shippers for a Monday pickup.[/quote]

Prince of Persia didn't ship until Wednesday last week, so preorders don't always go out on Mondays. As for Saturday, UPS and Fedex both have Saturday delivery and pickups, which I'm sure is routine from a dealer like Amazon.

[quote name='thelonepig']I just received the shipping notice. It'll be here Tuesday (I have Prime).[/quote]

So you'll be getting it on release day. You must have chosen overnight? Maybe I'd be getting it then as well. I guess I'll just have to see. I keep trying to wrap my head around this and come to an over-arching theory, but I give up. :)

Yeah, my Prince of Persia arrived yesterday, I believe. I don't think it even prepared for shipment until a day or so after released. I wish they just had release day delivery for all games. Why not? It would be a great feature. But then again, their price guarantees, where if they dropped the price of something you purchased, you could get that amount refunded if it was in 30 days and you e-mailed them, was a nice feature, too.

Whatever the case, I'm really looking forward to playing the SHIT out of this game (the profanity is meant to indicate my great desire to basically have intercourse with P4), whenever it arrives, and I have plenty to keep me busy until then. Like final tests and papers, and, hopefully, finishing my second play-through of Fable 2 before P4 arrives!

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']So you'll be getting it on release day. You must have chosen overnight? Maybe I'd be getting it then as well. I guess I'll just have to see. I keep trying to wrap my head around this and come to an over-arching theory, but I give up. :)

Yeah, my Prince of Persia arrived yesterday, I believe. I don't think it even prepared for shipment until a day or so after released. I wish they just had release day delivery for all games. Why not? It would be a great feature. But then again, their price guarantees, where if they dropped the price of something you purchased, you could get that amount refunded if it was in 30 days and you e-mailed them, was a nice feature, too.

Whatever the case, I'm really looking forward to playing the SHIT out of this game (the profanity is meant to indicate my great desire to basically have intercourse with P4), whenever it arrives, and I have plenty to keep me busy until then. Like final tests and papers, and, hopefully, finishing my second play-through of Fable 2 before P4 arrives![/quote]

2 day.

Also, "SHIT" is not the first profanity I think of in regard to intercourse.

[quote name='thelonepig']I just received the shipping notice. It'll be here Tuesday (I have Prime).
[/quote]

Weird. I received my shipping notice and the estimated delivery date is Wed, the 10th. And, I Prime. Odd...I don't particularly care though if it comes on the 9th or 10th because I'm not gonna be playing it for a bit.

The recent tide of good reviews has once again changed my mind about this game. Seems like the potential game play outweighs the questionable voice overs.

Sadly, since I already canceled my pre-order once before, I now have to wait til the 15th for my new pre-order to even ship. XD

bread's done
Back