Persona 4 Arena $21.99 shipped and sold by Amazon

[quote name='Paco']Nah. The price dropped because it's typical Aksys crapwork with shitty quality sprites that aren't dot pixel art. It's generic doujin inspired fare which only the hardcore weaboos with no girlfriend, no life and no money.

Aksys games aren't specifically more complicated, they're just not popular because nobody really cares to play to play Doujin style fighting games in the mainstream. Hell if I wanted Doujin fighting, I could go for Melty Blood, Queen of Hearts, Arcana Hearts, or whatever. They're a dime a dozen. Just because you add the pocky infused Persona junk into it doesn't mean it's worth a whale fart.

Aksys also has a fanbase that is scared of the outside world. That's why nobody features Aksys fighting games. Evo cancelled the Blazblue tournament because Blazblue fans sat on their ass and played online and never showed up. Online is so glorious to frame friendly aksys games that they don't even have the testicular fortitude to go up to someones face and look them straight in the eye and give them a smashing good beatdown.

But ripping good price my friend. I'll wait till it hits ten dollars. When it costs less than a meal at a diner, then I'll invest into it. Gonna play some Virtua Fighter 5 now.[/QUOTE]
So the multiple gaming outlets that have it up for fighting game of the year are wrong? And Virtua Fighter blows.

[quote name='Tsukinikawatte']virtua fighter, lol.... stop my sides are hurting from all the laughter....[/QUOTE]

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']So the multiple gaming outlets that have it up for fighting game of the year are wrong? And Virtua Fighter blows.[/QUOTE]

Even though he went overboard with the Arc system fighter hate no one can deny Virtua Fighter being a great fighting game now. Its one of if not the most technical fighter out there. Saying its bad is doing exactly what he did.

[quote name='Paco']Nah. The price dropped because it's typical Aksys crapwork with shitty quality sprites that aren't dot pixel art. It's generic doujin inspired fare which only the hardcore weaboos with no girlfriend, no life and no money.

Aksys games aren't specifically more complicated, they're just not popular because nobody really cares to play to play Doujin style fighting games in the mainstream. Hell if I wanted Doujin fighting, I could go for Melty Blood, Queen of Hearts, Arcana Hearts, or whatever. They're a dime a dozen. Just because you add the pocky infused Persona junk into it doesn't mean it's worth a whale fart.

Aksys also has a fanbase that is scared of the outside world. That's why nobody features Aksys fighting games. Evo cancelled the Blazblue tournament because Blazblue fans sat on their ass and played online and never showed up. Online is so glorious to frame friendly aksys games that they don't even have the testicular fortitude to go up to someones face and look them straight in the eye and give them a smashing good beatdown.

But ripping good price my friend. I'll wait till it hits ten dollars. When it costs less than a meal at a diner, then I'll invest into it. Gonna play some Virtua Fighter 5 now.[/QUOTE]

^There are so many generalities and -- frankly -- absurdities in this post that it's difficult to pinpoint where to begin.

Arksys games have a narrow following, I'll give you that, but that's true of all 2D fighting games today. Games such as KOFXIII and Blaz Blu, however, are hardly bad games. One could easily turn the argument around and say that one reason games like these don't sell well today is because gamers today are no longer interested in learning the complex systems and strategies that are designed into the gameplay. Personally, I think it's a combination of this, the games' very Japanese presentation (which is a turn-off to some gamers today), and the fact that these franchises have never been particularly mainstream.

I don't think one should make such sweeping judgments about who plays these games in determining why they are or are not selling. There are a lot of great games that never find their audience, and while P4A is not in that pantheon of great games, it is a solid fighter with deep mechanics.

I picked up the title recently from Best Buy and enjoy it. I am also a fan of the 2D fighter, whoever makes it, and it's nice that developers will still build games like these. Looking forward to Darkstalkers.

BTW, don't lump Arcana Hearts with the likes of P4A -- that game was horrible.

Aksys also has a fanbase that is scared of the outside world. That's why nobody features Aksys fighting games. Evo cancelled the Blazblue
tournament because Blazblue fans sat on their ass and played online and never showed up. Online is so glorious to frame friendly aksys games that they don't even have the testicular fortitude to go up to someones face and look them straight in the eye and give them a smashing good beatdown.

And why would a redneck "with a life" (what organism doesn't have one?) take his manly hands off the controller to read a forum for a type of game he professes to despise? Maybe you thought you clicked on the Duke Nukem thread?

How do you price match this at Best Buy? Do you simply print out the Amazon page with the game, or bring it up on your cell? Never price-matched online prices.

[quote name='Trudy']How do you price match this at Best Buy? Do you simply print out the Amazon page with the game, or bring it up on your cell? Never price-matched online prices.[/QUOTE]

I asked the same thing. If it is online, you just call them & tell them Amazon has it for that price. They check it. As for store, probably print ad but I would call first and make sure.

[quote name='JKooL']I asked the same thing. If it is online, you just call them & tell them Amazon has it for that price. They check it. As for store, probably print ad but I would call first and make sure.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for letting me know!

[quote name='Trudy']How do you price match this at Best Buy? Do you simply print out the Amazon page with the game, or bring it up on your cell? Never price-matched online prices.[/QUOTE]

I've learned to always bring my cell when price matching. I tried to get them to PM Halo 4 from Amazon, and for some reason "Halo 4 isn't on Amazon. Only the limited edition and Halo Reach". Even got her supervisor who said it wasn't on Amazon either :roll:. Pulled out my cell and found it in 5 seconds. First time I've ever heard people laughing in a backed up CS line :lol:.

sometimes people on the internet shock me with their crazy opinions

[quote name='Waru']Just got my copy from UPS. It came with the soundtrack wrapped in plastic with the game.[/QUOTE]
Same here.

[quote name='Waru']Just got my copy from UPS. It came with the soundtrack wrapped in plastic with the game.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='thisisthetito4']Great deal OP.mine just arrived today and also included OST.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Mikey777']Same here.[/QUOTE]
From Amazon or Best Buy?

Thanks!

[quote name='flix1']From Amazon or Best Buy?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

The copy I just picked up at Best Buy didn't... It was the last one.

[quote name='Saiyan']The copy I just picked up at Best Buy didn't... It was the last one.[/QUOTE]
Thanks.

I'm wondering where people ordered them from online that they are coming with the soundtrack ... since all of those responses were "just arrived ..."

So, think it's worth the hassle to send in my $30 copy and get a copy at the current price? I haven't opened up my amazon copy yet.

[quote name='Scholarly_Sam']Got mine today(PS3 ver.) came with the soundtrack CD, sweet. :)[/QUOTE]

Same here, soundtrack inclusion confirmed! Thanks again to the OP.

Pulled the trigger on this one, arrived with OST. Even if it drops lower this is a great price for new w/OST. I don't see it being much cheaper as is. Thanks OP.

[quote name='Strife4Life']So, think it's worth the hassle to send in my $30 copy and get a copy at the current price? I haven't opened up my amazon copy yet.[/QUOTE]

Well, you'll have to pay return shipping and you might need to go buy a padded envelope as well assuming you took the game out and threw out the envelope/box Amazon sent it to you in the first place. Plus factor in the time/gas you spend taking it to the post office.

The better question after factoring in all of the above is: Do YOU think it's worth it to return and rebuy?

[quote name='Vector']Well, you'll have to pay return shipping and you might need to go buy a padded envelope as well assuming you took the game out and threw out the envelope/box Amazon sent it to you in the first place. Plus factor in the time/gas you spend taking it to the post office.

The better question after factoring in all of the above is: Do YOU think it's worth it to return and rebuy?[/QUOTE]

No you dont , you can ask for a paid one i did before and they even offered for ups to pick it up.

Now I want this game after playing Persona 4 Golden for over 20 hours. Plus it comes with the soundtrack which makes me want it even more. Too bad I'm broke now.

[quote name='kouleefoh']Linke for the $16.33[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this. I managed to snag a copy on my phone while I was babysitting. :D

[quote name='sherlock2g']Boooooooo, it went up to $27.99.[/QUOTE]

No, it's still $21.99 from Amazon. You just have to select Add to Cart from the "More Buying Choices" section on the right. It's out of stock right now, but you can order it now and Amazon will ship it once it's in stock.

[quote name='Rodster']Which version is best? Does the PS3 version require an install cause i'm low on space? :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Both versions are 99% identical between platforms. The PS3 version of Arc System fighters is always more populated online though. I can't remember if the game requires an install or not.

[quote name='YBX87']is this game newb/ beginner friendly? because i am really bad at fighting games, lol[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. P4A is probably the most beginner friendly 2D fighting game on the market right now. There's a great tutorial that goes over most fighting game basics, as well as the mechanics exclusive to the game. The only kinds of inputs in the game are quarter circles, double quarter circles, and down-downs (no Dragon Punch/Shoryuken inputs), and every character has a two button DP (move with invincibility). It's a great game to get acquainted with the genre.

just one more question, is there an online pass require for this game? because i am thinking about getting it used for cheaper, if they are no online pass required

[quote name='YBX87']just one more question, is there an online pass require for this game? because i am thinking about getting it used for cheaper, if they are no online pass required[/QUOTE]

No online pass.

Got mine yesterday from bestbuy.com, no soundtrack. No biggie. Not a Persona fan but I love fighting games.

Damn this sold out on PS3 :D

Restocked Sunday 12/30 probably more money XD

I had it in my cart all day I kept seeing the "4 left 2 left etc etc" I'm like Noooo way"
But I just found a 20 dollar bill at work so why the hell not lets go for it XD

Hope I snag a soundtrack :D

Heard so many good things about this game i'll get it when it's restocked. Not bothered about the soundtrack either way. 21.99 is though right? couldn't find it that price on amazon, i assume im doing something wrong

bread's done
Back