Persona 4 Arena w/CD 49.99 at Newegg

makenocent

CAGiversary!
[quote name='jumpiestranger2']Got a email from Atlus last night that stated they had 0 copies of the game in their warehouse, hopefully they do another printing.[/QUOTE]

I think that's less indicative of a shortage and not being able to find it rather than they printed less than normal numbers for release.

Plus being even more niche than a regular RPG release, other than people who love fighters / RPG's or both will pick this up on day 1. Others like me who are sitting back and waiting for a price drop will get it eventually. This is one game that I don't see being super rare.

More Atlus PR hype is all. Still shocked they region locked it, how stupid.

[quote name='uncle5555']I think that's less indicative of a shortage and not being able to find it rather than they printed less than normal numbers for release.

Plus being even more niche than a regular RPG release, other than people who love fighters / RPG's or both will pick this up on day 1. Others like me who are sitting back and waiting for a price drop will get it eventually. This is one game that I don't see being super rare.

More Atlus PR hype is all. Still shocked they region locked it, how stupid.[/QUOTE]

I had no idea they region locked it. The online was already going to be not very populated but they just cut off the majority of the players D:

All of my games I purchased from Newegg came in with no issues. Received P4A last Thursday and everything's perfect.

[quote name='AionTelos']I had no idea they region locked it. The online was already going to be not very populated but they just cut off the majority of the players D:[/QUOTE]

Atlus wanted to region lock the games because the Japanese releases are notably cheaper than the U.S ones and they didn't want to lose money from people just importing it. To my knowledge, they didn't region lock multiplayer cause that is just plain silly. Lol.

*Edit: The Users kindly pointed out that I had accidentally switched it around. I.E. U.S. P4A is much cheaper than JNP P4A and they didn't want to lose out on sales.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='uncle5555']I think that's less indicative of a shortage and not being able to find it rather than they printed less than normal numbers for release.

More Atlus PR hype is all. Still shocked they region locked it, how stupid.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I do not think this will be rare at all. Uncommon maybe.

[quote name='Olengie']Atlus wanted to region lock the games because the Japanese releases are notably cheaper than the U.S ones and they didn't want to lose money from people just importing it. To my knowledge, they didn't region lock multiplayer cause that is just plain silly. Lol.[/QUOTE]

It's the other way around, games are usually cheaper in the US than in Japan (I believe this game costs about $93 over there when converting).

Since our version of the game has Japanese voices and text, and the release dates were so close, they wouldn't be missing anything if they were to import our version of it.

Atlus straight up said that this was the sole reason for region-locking.

[quote name='Olengie']Atlus wanted to region lock the games because the Japanese releases are notably cheaper than the U.S ones and they didn't want to lose money from people just importing it. [/QUOTE]

It's the opposite, they didn't want Japanese players importing the NA version.

[quote name='Jon7']It's the opposite, they didn't want Japanese players importing the NA version.[/QUOTE]

Thing about that is they lost a ton of PAL players who wanted to get it early before they got it in Aug./Sept. or whenever it releases over there and were going to rebuy it again, the whole thing including the precedent of being the first region locked game was just totally foolish and did not help them from a PR stand point.

But I'll give'em credit though they did a pretty good job of sweeping it under the run and letting it blow over prior to release. :lol: lol at their ninja atlus PR team.

[quote name='Olengie']Good thing Atlus promised it would be the only time. But let us hope that holds true![/QUOTE]

Wouldnt be surprised if it happened again with Chrono Phantasma next year.

Either way, this game is too amazing to be mad over region locking. Best fighter i have played in ages

I'll probably have the same opinions about the best fighter when I get to play it. Even though it'll be a huge bias since I'm a fanboy.

Possibly. But we shall see. xD They wouldn't want to get more negative criticisms. :lol:

[quote name='WhiteLens']Isn't that more of the 3rd party's responsibility, not so much Newegg's?

Well this the only bad experience I've had with Newegg, just a week ago I got the Kingdom Hearts 3D LE from them in perfect shape.

What was odd about P4A is that it was delivered in such a big box with all this paper inside, I think that made it worse.

I'll give them another shot with Last Story, I really don't want to end up cancelling all those pre-orders that I got $10 off of.[/QUOTE]

kinda, not really. THeir policy is theyre supposed to take care of it if the 3rd party seller doesn't resolve it. Honestly i wouldn't have ordered if it was a 3rd party. I was unaware that they even did 3rd party sellers on the site now. I actually need to email them because its been over a week since their last reply. Its taking WAY too long to sort this out. I was blatantly given a used game as new and im pretty upset about it.

Like i said i used them years ago for a lot of different computer stuff and they were always cool. Lately ive been trying them for games off and on and theyve been very hit and miss. WIth more misses than hits lately

Anyway. Im in the 'waiting for a price drop' boat for this one. Hopefully i can still get the CD

^_^x KD

[quote name='aerozero']It's been a long time since I bought a game at full price and felt that it was worth every penny.[/QUOTE]

I agree assuming you mean because the game is both amazing and packed with content. Super happy I bought the game (and yea I payed full price).

Guys, mine arrived a little beat up (plastic case is squished, don't want to unwrap it). If I rma but keep the soundtrack are they going to notice? I'd rather just pick up a mint copy from a brick and mortar store but dont want to lose out on the soundtrack :(

bread's done
Back