Persona 4 Doublejump guides - $9.99 - EB/GS

I'm disappointed. I hadn't been in my Gamestop in forever, but I went today to see if they had this guide. Turns out they don't even carry guides anymore. I guess because it's a tiny store in a mall? I don't know. The only guides they had were RE5 and Pokemon Platinum at the counter. I would have knocked over the magazine rack in anger, but they didn't have any of those either!

[quote name='placebo1']Speaking of DJ guides, the Mana Khemia one isn't showing on their site so I can't search locally for it. Is it still at $20? I also tried to find a sku or product ID to look in a cached page but couldn't turn up anything with my googlefu.[/quote]

Mana Khemia was pennied out on January 19th.
It was at $10 for a few weeks before that. If not longer.

edit: There are 3 more copies at my local store if anyone needs a hand.

[quote name='Frosty The Batman']Mana Khemia was pennied out on January 19th.
It was at $10 for a few weeks before that. If not longer.

edit: There are 3 more copies at my local store if anyone needs a hand.[/quote]

Seriously? Saw multiple copies of that at my Gamestop as well.

Did anyone else not like how the shrink wrapping seems to bunch up the pages? Looked at like 6 and they all look shrink wrapped too tight or something.

Picked up the last copy at the local GS. Then canceled my $18.99 gold boxed copy at Amazon since they haven't shipped it :whistle2:\"

Just wonder if all recent DJ guides came factory shrinkwrapped? The wrap looks like a piss poor job but it did help preserve the guide against shelf wear.

[quote name='eau']Picked up the last copy at the local GS. Then canceled my $18.99 gold boxed copy at Amazon since they haven't shipped it :whistle2:\"

Just wonder if all recent DJ guides came factory shrinkwrapped? The wrap looks like a piss poor job but it did help preserve the guide against shelf wear.[/QUOTE]

Mine was not shrinkwrapped. It wasn't out on the shelf though, I had to ask for it. Still in perfect condition.

[quote name='Mugen Power']Haha, no wonder they gave me that spiel about the M rating... The guy probably thought I might've been around that age. :roll:[/QUOTE]

They IDed me too. Kinda surprised me because it was a guide. Also, they had trouble getting my edge card to take off the 10% guide. They said they thought that the discount only applied when you bought the game + guide together. They manually gave me the discount, but I still found it kinda weird.

On an unrelated note, I got carded for buying dayquil and nyquil. That was kind of ridiculous i thought.

I would be all over this, but I fucking hate Double Jump guides. I purchased the Disgaea one on clearance around a year ago and was thrilled until the pages started falling out the first day I used it. Seriously, pages just come loose and fall out. And I am careful with my books/guides. I will never buy another one.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Mine was not shrinkwrapped. It wasn't out on the shelf though, I had to ask for it. Still in perfect condition.

They IDed me too. Kinda surprised me because it was a guide. Also, they had trouble getting my edge card to take off the 10% guide. They said they thought that the discount only applied when you bought the game + guide together. They manually gave me the discount, but I still found it kinda weird.

On an unrelated note, I got carded for buying dayquil and nyquil. That was kind of ridiculous i thought.[/quote]
I thought the edge card only takes 10% off on USED items. I wouldn't work on new guides, would it?

I only know they would take 10% off the guide when you buy the game too.

[quote name='BlueScrote']They IDed me too. Kinda surprised me because it was a guide. Also, they had trouble getting my edge card to take off the 10% guide. They said they thought that the discount only applied when you bought the game + guide together. They manually gave me the discount, but I still found it kinda weird.[/quote]

They didn't actually card me but still fed me the whole deal about M rating. If I wasn't dressed up for work, then I wouldn't be surprised if they carded me.

[quote name='eau']I thought the edge card only takes 10% off on USED items. I wouldn't work on new guides, would it?

I only know they would take 10% off the guide when you buy the game too.[/QUOTE]

if you buy a used game and new guide it will take 10% off

[quote name='62t']if you buy a used game and new guide it will take 10% off[/QUOTE]

And it doesn't matter what game it is. Any used game with any guide will also be 10% off the guide.

I'm kinda tempted to get this, but I really dislike Gamestop as a business.

I still haven't started P4 yet (bought it when it was the DOTD at amazon). Is this guide pretty necessary for getting a lot out of the game?

[quote name='lassiterb']I would be all over this, but I fucking hate Double Jump guides. I purchased the Disgaea one on clearance around a year ago and was thrilled until the pages started falling out the first day I used it. Seriously, pages just come loose and fall out. And I am careful with my books/guides. I will never buy another one.[/quote]

That's what started to happen to my Persona 3 guide. I didn't use it much after that. My Persona 4 guide is fine though.

[quote name='Grinchy'] Is this guide pretty necessary for getting a lot out of the game?[/quote]

Not really. The structure of the game is so basic.

The method of getting the true ending is rather convoluted, so that could be helpful. There is always, Gamefaqs, of course, which is what I used to figure it out.

Bought the guide just to get the most out of Persona 4. Too bad mine has a misprint with Ai Ebihara's info as it seems to be Dojima's bio in that spot. Anyone else have this little mishap?!

Thanks OP. I just picked up Persona 3 FES, at their gamedays sale, and I figured by the time I beat that and move on to Persona 4, I wouldn't be able to find a Persona 4 guide at all. Better to be safe than sorry.. lol

[quote name='Chainsaw_charlie']I've checked out 5 in my area and no luck at any[/quote]

Save yourself some time and gas money by using wildnuts link in the third post of the thread.

[quote name='paddlefoot']Save yourself some time and gas money by using wildnuts link in the third post of the thread.[/quote]

Also, make sure you actually call the store since sometimes employees forget to update their actual stock.

[quote name='breakingcustoms']i picked one up the other night...leaving this one sealed[/quote]

Feel free to open it, it was sealed by Gamestop employees not a factory.

so can we use our edge card for an additional 10% off making it $8.99?:whistle2:k

"If you subscribed to Game Informer magazine in one of our stores, you likely received an Edge Membership as a bonus. This gives you 10% off all used games, used accessories, strategy guides and a 10% bonus trade credit when trading used games or accessories in stores." (from ebgames.com)

[quote name='momotenshi']so can we use our edge card for an additional 10% off making it $8.99?:whistle2:k

"If you subscribed to Game Informer magazine in one of our stores, you likely received an Edge Membership as a bonus. This gives you 10% off all used games, used accessories, strategy guides and a 10% bonus trade credit when trading used games or accessories in stores." (from ebgames.com)[/quote]That's if you buy it with the game.

[quote name='Master Shake']That's if you buy it with the game.[/quote]
Actually I bought the Operation Darkness guide without purchasing the game and received 10% off with edge... not sure why, but it happened.

Hmm... I just looked at my receipt where I bought the guide along with some used PS2 games. Certainly says $8.99 after $1.00 promo.

Someone should try this shenanigans when buying 10 penny guides. (10? Does that ever happen?) Will the computer account for numbers less than two decimal places and give you one free?

[quote name='dafunkk12']Hmm... I just looked at my receipt where I bought the guide along with some used PS2 games. Certainly says $8.99 after $1.00 promo.

Someone should try this shenanigans when buying 10 penny guides. (10? Does that ever happen?) Will the computer account for numbers less than two decimal places and give you one free?[/quote]

Yay you'd save a penny LOL. I have the P4 guide (ordered it when I bought the game) and I don't find it useful at all really. One of the buys I kind of regret. Oh well :)

hey guys where is the thread on guide mark downs? i did a search and couldn't find it. i was wondering what the FFXII CE guide my ring up as at EB/GS these days

[quote name='aeri']Yay you'd save a penny LOL.[/QUOTE]
You know what they say, "a penny saved is a penny earned." And if you insisted on trying to pull this kind of stunt, I'd say you'd have certainly earned that penny.

bread's done
Back