Persona 4 pre-order - £16.99

Thanks Exu, was wondering when 4 would come out after finishing 3 FES, good to see it not that long after the Americans.

PS2 is still the RPG king.

Well if its a US, Jap PS3 it wont work because of PS2 region lock.
If its from the UK then I guess you'll have to google it once its released to find out.

It sucks but we're British so we'll accept it and say thank you very much.

Might wanna grab Persona 3 FES while you're all at it if you haven't got it. That £17.99 price ain't gonna shift much.

Saying that I did pick up Digital Devil Saga for £3 a while back...

[quote name='SirStuie']Well if its a US, Jap PS3 it wont work because of PS2 region lock.[/quote]

DURRRRR.

If I was an Uhmerkan, or Japanese, why would I be on the UK forum asking about a pre-order for a game that's already released and is almost certainly cheaper in my region?

Well you could have an imported ps3 and not known about the region lock.

Otherwise your asking if any knows if it works by emulation before its even released which I didnt think you'd be stupid enough to ask. Guess I was wrong.

Both fantastic, but 4's not out yet so just go get 3 FES. That price ain't gonna drop much if at all.

[quote name='SirStuie']Well you could have an imported ps3 and not known about the region lock.

Otherwise your asking if any knows if it works by emulation before its even released which I didnt think you'd be stupid enough to ask. Guess I was wrong.[/quote]

Yeah, they couldn't have POSSIBLY announced PS3 compatibility.

DURRRRRR.

[quote name='Donnelly']Yeah, they couldn't have POSSIBLY announced PS3 compatibility.

DURRRRRR.[/QUOTE]

Nice job in responding when someone tries helping you. Anyway the more broader answer given the better IMO as other people do read this forum that might want to know as well, so good job SirStuie :D

Allow me.

*ahem*

European PS3s had the PS2's signature Emotion Engine chip removed from them, to save manufacturing costs (and not pass said savings onto the consumer).
The original European 60GB models used emulation to play PS2 games, much like how the 360 plays Original Xbox games.
This feature was outright stripped away from the 40GB model.
Backward compatibility with PS2 games remains discontinued for the 80GB and 160GB models.

tl;dr version - Buy a launch model if you want any chance of playing Persona 4 or any other PS2 game on PS3. And even then it might not work very well.

Or just... buy a PS2?

[quote name='Hdfisise']Nice job in responding when someone tries helping you. Anyway the more broader answer given the better IMO as other people do read this forum that might want to know as well, so good job SirStuie :D[/quote]

I don't have a problem with people trying to help me, what does slightly get on my tits is that when people try to help me, and fail, I'm expected not to pick them up on it. :)

[quote name='Exu']Allow me.

*ahem*

European PS3s had the PS2's signature Emotion Engine chip removed from them, to save manufacturing costs (and not pass said savings onto the consumer).
The original European 60GB models used emulation to play PS2 games, much like how the 360 plays Original Xbox games.
This feature was outright stripped away from the 40GB model.
Backward compatibility with PS2 games remains discontinued for the 80GB and 160GB models.

tl;dr version - Buy a launch model if you want any chance of playing Persona 4 or any other PS2 game on PS3. And even then it might not work very well.

Or just... buy a PS2?[/quote]

I take it my post was too long, seeing as you didn't read it. I already said I had a 60GB console. :roll:

What have I done to be banned?

Surely telling people their advice is irrelevant isn't against the rules? :eek:

edit:

Oh and btw, irl I'm actually very pleasant. However, with the anonymity the internet provides, I turn into a "prick". :)

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back