Persona 4: Released and Ready 2 Play! Metacritic Score -- A Whoppin' 93!!!

Kanji's low Magic kills his Zio skills, and his Agility doesn't help much either.

I find Naoto very useful. He's that character thats dumped in near the end of the game that picks up all the left over skills. It's just a shame that most of his spells use up a ton of SP. Mind Charge + Megidoloan is awesome, but such a drain.

I finally have a persona with repel phys and it's as good as they were in Nocturne :D

Just beat the mid boss of the secret lab (the transformer dude thing) mainly from damage it did to itself even though I was massively underleveled (I'm 47). Everyone else was dead from the second or third attack on.
when it started waiting and cast last resort I got a little scared, but it only did 70 damage for some reason

Unfortunately I'm assuming this is like nocturne and that means the next boss will probably have null phys and all kinds of elemental attacks...

They definitely did better than P3 in including funny conversation choices that I need to pick even though I know they won't work "what does he has the most brains mean?" "He's not an athlete" was too good

Last edited by a moderator:
The stupid warp intro to the TV world where its a white screen with black boxes is making me want to play Maniac Mansion Day of the Tentacle very badly.

2 quick questions

1. How do I get my money/accesory from Nanako and her dad after being top 10 in the exams? I have talked to them on numerous nights and neither has given me anything.

2. God its so fucking cheap when you die to an instant death spell. Whole party alive and at 90% or so health and 1 fucking enemy hits the MC with a death spell so my last hour of work is down the drain!

1. Just talk to them ASAP after the test results have been posted. The rewards convo will take precedence over the regular convo.

2. Use a Persona with resistance to mudo/hama when facing an enemy with that skill.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I thought you only got the prize from Nanako for placing first, not top 10? Though you get money from Dojima for placing in the top 10.[/QUOTE]

Correct. Also, the history teacher gives you items too.

You can get 5 TaP Cola's per week from the vending machine in front of the old lady's shop. Only restores 10SP each, but if you remember to buy them every week, you'll have a lot when you need them.

[quote name='zewone']1. Just talk to them ASAP after the test results have been posted. The rewards convo will take precedence over the regular convo.

2. Use a Persona with resistance to mudo/hama when facing an enemy with that skill.[/QUOTE]

1. Iv talked to them many times and so far nothing has come of it.

2. Obviously and duh. But early in the game you might not have one and in my case it was the first time I had fought the enemy so I had no way of knowing it was going to hit me with it.

And so wait, looking at DoK's response you get it not from placing top 10 but placing at the head of your class spot 1? I got the thing from the teacher but as I said Nanako and Dojima nothing so what DoK is saying would make sense.

You should still get yen from Dojima.

The only time he doesn't give you money is if you are the lowest score possible.

[quote name='pete5883']You can get 5 TaP Cola's per week from the vending machine in front of the old lady's shop. Only restores 10SP each, but if you remember to buy them every week, you'll have a lot when you need them.[/quote]

You can also get 5 sodas from the vending machine in the North Shopping distict but these only give you 5 sp. However everytime you play you're entered in a lottery to win more free soda cans.

It's a little troublesome to do this so often but over several weeks this adds up and could save you precious money & time.

I'm getting to the end of october and all of these rainy/busy days are killing me. I doubt I'll be able to finish Naoto, Kanji (you all convinced me), and Ai now... After the hospital scene I was looking forward to Naoto's double dragons too, I hope I don't miss out.

I jus plowed thru dungeon 6... and it was a bitch!!

I got ambushed by a group of enemies that did nothing but Hama/Mudo on me!!

bam... in like a few seconds, 4 Homonculus gone from my inventory -_-

and that boss was a biyach also!! I had to use like 3 Snuff Souls in that battle!!

on the good side, dungeon 6 music is awesome!! so was dungeon 5 btw...

dungeon 4's music sounded too much like Lil Wayne imo...

2 more quick questions

1. Can you be serious with more then 1 girl at a time? I am at level 7/8 with a lot of girls so I am getting close to the point where I will be getting the question that decides if the relationship is serious or not...so dont want to commit to a girl and then not be able to commit to one I preffer. Also if you can only commit to 1 girl then is there a benefit of going with certain ones like an item/persona?

2. I am in July right now in the game and I find that more and more I am finding a lot of Slinks like Sakis brothers/Nankos and the Hospital janitor that require very high knowledge/understanding etc etc. My levels are all at level 3 except for Diligiance which is lagging at lvl 2. Should I keep plugging away at any S.Links I have been working on or start focusing a bit more on my other non combat stats? Just dont want to paint myself into a corner where I cant work on any S.Links.

Thanks guys!

^ 1. Yes you can. However some people have said that if you're intamite with more than 1 girl she interupts your rank 10 date thus wasting a day. This hasn't happened to me yet but I've only maxed out 2 of the girls so far.

2. You're not doing to bad in this aspect. If you eat at Aiya everytime it rains you shouldn't have a problem. Trust me, this is the best way to level up stats in the game. Remember that some S.Links help boost your stats, for example the day dare job (understanding), janitor (courage), sports club (dillagence) & culture club (expression). Maybe it would be a good idea to work on these so you can take care of both. I suggest the culture club since it also helps your Expression which is one of the more important stats, plus you recive a few other stat bonus if you select the right thing to say. Don't worry about Dillagence, it's almost useless.

honestly, focus on 2 types of S.Links:

your party members,

and the ones that raise your stats.

I'm in November and JUST started Tower S.Link coz I neglected the Temperance link...

likewise I was hella late to Nanako's link coz I neglected Sun link...

well, not necessarily neglect, but balance with everything else... I shoulda prioritized instead

[quote name='Rodimus']^ 1. Yes you can. However some people have said that if you're intamite with more than 1 girl she interupts your rank 10 date thus wasting a day. This hasn't happened to me yet but I've only maxed out 2 of the girls so far.

2. You're not doing to bad in this aspect. If you eat at Aiya everytime it rains you shouldn't have a problem. Trust me, this is the best way to level up stats in the game. Remember that some S.Links help boost your stats, for example the day dare job (understanding), janitor (courage), sports club (dillagence) & culture club (expression). Maybe it would be a good idea to work on these so you can take care of both. I suggest the culture club since it also helps your Expression which is one of the more important stats, plus you recive a few other stat bonus if you select the right thing to say. Don't worry about Dillagence, it's almost useless.[/QUOTE]

See and I have only ate at Aiya twice the whole game and read at my desk/couch a handful of times. Every single time there has been an S.Link available even if its hermit I have focused on the S.Link vs stats. Culture Club I have done a lot since Experession seemed useful and it was giving big boosts. I think I need to do sports club a little more though since my diligence is only on the second step so I still cant do the Devil S.Link. Sports is on level 5(was pissed when I missed the special event with them and Chie where ou get the book because it was level 5).

Ah well thanks for the advice. Ill probally stop focusing on my team mates so much here and focus on strength for a minute and make sure to start eating at Aiya on rainy days.

[quote name='MSI Magus']See and I have only ate at Aiya twice the whole game and read at my desk/couch a handful of times. Every single time there has been an S.Link available even if its hermit I have focused on the S.Link vs stats. Culture Club I have done a lot since Experession seemed useful and it was giving big boosts. I think I need to do sports club a little more though since my diligence is only on the second step so I still cant do the Devil S.Link. Sports is on level 5(was pissed when I missed the special event with them and Chie where ou get the book because it was level 5).

Ah well thanks for the advice. Ill probally stop focusing on my team mates so much here and focus on strength for a minute and make sure to start eating at Aiya on rainy days.[/quote]

If you can do an S. Link on a rainy day that's better than eating the special, but most of them aren't available in the rain hence eating.

I'm nearly finished with the true ending. Doubt I'll be playing the game again, though it did keep me entertained. It lacked something that P3 had and I can't quite figure out what it is. My biggest complaint was the change in color scheme. Persona 3 was relaxing to play due to the blue/black color scheme.

Also, I'm a bit irked that
just like P3, the game is advertised to play over the course of a year, but it skips the last 3 months.

[quote name='thelonepig']My biggest complaint was the change in color scheme. Persona 3 was relaxing to play due to the blue/black color scheme.[/quote]

If that's the most you can come up with, I'd say that's pretty good.

P3's blue/black theme fit in with moody city life. Plus the changes in the storyline revolved around the phases of the moon. I'll be honest P4's colors seemed a bit off at first but looking back I think it fits in well. Shades and gray might have made more sense (fog, rain, etc) but gray isn't very eye catching.

There's an article on playmagazine.com where the creator's discuss the reasoning behind the color scheme. Apparently it's a Japanese thing with the colors that westerner's wouldn't understand.

word! I got the premature ending yesterday!!

I'm now saved at the final dungeon... I wonder how many more days it will take me to beat the game??

hopefully I can finish by the weekend... I can celebrate the victory with sum weekend sushi!!

[quote name='Vegan']If that's the most you can come up with, I'd say that's pretty good.[/quote]

Yeah, not too bad, eh? There were a few things that were irksome (dungeon camera, no/limited s-links on rainy days, etc), but the color is what really jumped out. I had a hard time playing for long stretches because the yellow was too bright.

boooo! so I jus died!!!

like... for my 1st time in the entire game!!!!

SMT'd about time I guess...

I was on floor 5 of the 7th dungeon... then I got Last Resorted by sum evil dice or something...

:cry: sux coz I really wanted to beat that stage, time is too expensive to afford another go tonite...

anyway I gotta say, I love my Chie, Yukiko, Naoto team!!

Batltoad + Chie + Naoto = attack-all physical attacks for days!! Kanji doesnt even have an attack all!!

all-physical attacks is pretty much mamudo, except much more effective. I dont even care about weaknesses anymore...

then Yukiko + half-SP accessory = hella healing.

tis a shame tho, physical attacks dont work well against those dice :cry:

fuck those exploding dice!!

You know I have to say while I bitched that the guide was too thin intially I have to give it credit, its a damn fine guide. I am very glad I bought the strat for this game and even if its thin its got all the info I can need!

man fuck Kanji.

I leveled him up to the point where he's learned all his Persona ability...

and he never once learns an attack-all physical!!!

wtf?!?! for the stereotypical brawler of the game, he dont even hit hard!!

Chie on the other hand gots God Hand, Tarakuja, and Power Charge... plus a fantastic attack all skill.

and has more SP.

even Naoto can beat the crap out of Kanji in a fist fight... I am pretty sure of it.

yeay... Kanji sucks

oh shyt! wild wild west!!

971441111fef069bab9660f44d11509cf495.jpg

i got bad end
and i was like

maaaaaan. i messed up my social links anyway. let me just new game+. i'm tired of crappy s.link responses. hopefully i can run over everybody with my persona compendium now.

[quote name='kainzero']i got bad end
and i was like

maaaaaan. i messed up my social links anyway. let me just new game+. i'm tired of crappy s.link responses. hopefully i can run over everybody with my persona compendium now.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of this. I just posted this question at gamefaqs.

I'm guessing that Persona 4, like Persona3 has a mode where you can start the game over again with stats like diligence and courage at their current ranks. I'm a little over half way through the game right now and I'm pretty sure I won't be able to max out my S.links. so I wanted to start a new game plus as soon as possible. What's the first date that I can get an ending that lets me start the game over and a new game plus? Ill worry about getting the good ending the second play through, just want to hit an ending where I can start over with my current stuff ASAP.

whooo! I beat it last nite!!

not the true ending... jus the good one...

I gotta say, the final boss went down like a bitch!!!

rakunda + tarakuja + power charge + god hand = death in 3 turns.

hopefully the true final boss will go down that easy! lol.

anyway ending stats:

all stats MAX except Dilligence (rank 4)

all S.Link MAX except:

Justice (rank 8) and Tower (rank 9)... I couldnt get to these in time due to stats

Moon (rank 8) and Hanged (rank 8)... nah fukk these guys.

so... I think I did pretty good. Anyways, True Final Boss this weekend or friday... no time today.

How does it work if you end up with the bad or the not-so-perfect ending? Do you just avoid overwriting your game after the credits roll, reload your game and do something different?

Basically, is there any way I can screw myself and create a scenario where I go, "Oh crap, I just got the bad ending, but now I have to restart the entire game because the branch was 2 months back"?

Can that information even be conveyed without spoilers?

You don't have to worry about accidentally getting the bad/normal ending & screwing it up. Once you're on the path it happens that day and you're done. Just reload and try again. I purposely wanted to see the bad ending, and it's not very happy.

The bad ending happens on
December 3rd

i didn't think i was gonna get the bad ending. i thought i knew the right choices but i didn't.

kinda ridiculous if you ask me. you just can't say what you want to say.

I don't think anyone is a fan of how easy it is to get the bad ending.

You pretty much need a guide, unless you want to spend lots of time doing trial and error.

Ya, I think its one of only 2 glaring problems I have with this series.

The choices needed to get the different endings and ranks up to your S.Links can be pretty odd/random. Like I would have never thought telling Kanji he needs to change himself would get an S.Link up vs telling him to simply apologize to his mother. I would like in the next game for it to be more apparent what paths lead to what endings and for S.Links ranking up be like 75% just having a conversation and 25% your answers.

The other problem I mentioned is the pacing of the game. The dungeons are entirely too damn long as are many of the story parts. Its kind of annoying that the game is broke up into huge segments of one thing or the other, like 2 hours of story and being not in control of your characters followed by an hour of S.Links then a dungeon for 2-5 hours just to have the whole thing repeat.

bread's done
Back