Personal Giveaway - Rock Band Track Pack 2 - PS3 - Sorry, code taken.

Access_Denied

CAGiversary!
Feedback
89 (100%)
I have a spare code for Rock Band Track Pack 2 for PS3. This lets you download the 20 songs contained in the trackpack. But, I can't just give the code away, that wouldn't be any fun. :roll: So, I'm going to encrypt the code using a simple form of cryptography. I will post the encrypted code and the first one to crack it, gets the code. I'll post a hint to start out with, and tomorrow, if nobody has gotten it, then I'll post another hint. Anyway, here's the code and hint. Just remember, it's a SIMPLE form of cryptography, don't over think it.

Hints:
1. Try to think geometrically. :)
2. Caesar might help you out with this one, but only if you remember the first hint.
3. 3x4 (width x height)

Remember the first hint, it's the most important. If no one gets it by tomorrow, I'll post another hint. But it'll pretty much be a dead giveaway, so try to solve it soon. :) And last I checked (a few minutes ago), the code still worked, so it hasn't been taken yet.

Encrypted code:
MAPL-F9DB-CE2L

Also, please post if you crack it. We don't need people wasting their time on a used code. Good luck. Hope a fellow Rock Band lover gets the code. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Couldn't figure it out until you posted the last clue, but I've been trying since you first posted.

It's a route cipher, http://www.answers.com/topic/transposition-cipher

When I figured that out, I was sure I had it, but had accidentally done 4x3 (wxh) which stumped me for a bit.

Thanks for the code and the challenge! I really appreciate it!

Let me know if I should post the solution. I am leaving it off for now so people can try to figure it out too.

[quote name='JoKruck']Couldn't figure it out until you posted the last clue, but I've been trying since you first posted.

It's a route cipher, http://www.answers.com/topic/transposition-cipher

When I figured that out, I was sure I had it, but had accidentally done 4x3 (wxh) which stumped me for a bit.

Thanks for the code and the challenge! I really appreciate it!

Let me know if I should post the solution. I am leaving it off for now so people can try to figure it out too.[/QUOTE]

Good job. :applause: It can also be called a Caesar box cipher, which is why I posted that clue. Hope you enjoy the code. I don't know if you redeemed it yet or not, so I won't post the solution. If you want to post it, put it in a spoiler.

I might have a 360 code in the future to give away, so keep an eye out for threads by me. :)

The code is redeemed and downloaded, and I think I just figured out how to post with a spoiler...

So, here goes the solution ...
The original encrypted code was:
MAPL-F9DB-CE2L

Write the code out three letters wide, wrap to next line at the end of each line, which turns into a box:

MAP
LF9
DBC
E2L

Then reading down, it turns into the code:
MLDE-AFB2-P9CL

Did you redeem on the Playstation or on your computer? Because that's what I got but I tried to redeem it on the computer and it wouldn't take. But maybe you had simply done it before me.

I redeemed on the playstation. Never tried redeeming a code on the computer before. Solved it at maybe 10:45pm est or so, and waited a few minutes to post until after I had tried to redeem to make sure I actually had the correct solution.

Hey I've actually learned about that kinda cipher, but I never thought I'd ever see it, haha.

[quote name='Access_Denied']I might have a 360 code in the future to give away, so keep an eye out for threads by me. :)[/QUOTE]

I will be waiting.

[quote name='JoKruck']I redeemed on the playstation. Never tried redeeming a code on the computer before. Solved it at maybe 10:45pm est or so, and waited a few minutes to post until after I had tried to redeem to make sure I actually had the correct solution.[/QUOTE]Doing it on the playstation must be the secret. I had tried your solution as well as the box I had pm'd you about and neither worked on the computer. But way to go and enjoy! And a major thanks to the OP for providing a fun mental adventure!

bread's done
Back