Petition Against TechTV Layoffs and Merger!!

chronoice001

CAG Veteran
Just a few moments ago I learned that 285 employees of the TechTV channel would lose their jobs in coordination with the merger of the G4 channel. Sign this petition to protest this. Thank you.

[quote name='chronoice001']Just a few moments ago I learned that 285 employees of the TechTV channel would lose their jobs in coordination with the merger of the G4 channel. Sign this petition to protest this. Thank you.[/quote]

These are the same noobs that said the opteron and its derivatives wouldn't be good at gaming. If they can make a mistake on such a simple thing(Anybody who anything about the opteron would know it was a derivative of the k7, and that it was clock for clock 20% faster compared to the k7. ) is obivuiosly not worth a damn. Tech TV pffft more like noob tech tv. These sacks of monkey spunk don't deserve jobs, they could get guys who know their stuff, true tech people. So no I didn't sign I do Hope the merger will change things for the better.

[quote name='vanye'][quote name='chronoice001']Just a few moments ago I learned that 285 employees of the TechTV channel would lose their jobs in coordination with the merger of the G4 channel. Sign this petition to protest this. Thank you.[/quote]

These are the same noobs that said the opteron and its derivatives wouldn't be good at gaming. If they can make a mistake on such a simple thing(Anybody who anything about the opteron would know it was a derivative of the k7, and that it was clock for clock 20% faster compared to the k7. ) is obivuiosly not worth a damn. Tech TV pffft more like noob tech tv. These sacks of monkey spunk don't deserve jobs, they could get guys who know their stuff, true tech people. So no I didn't sign I do Hope the merger will change things for the better.[/quote]

Thats a good point, but finding a true techie with a personality would be quiet the challenge.

[quote name='BigNick']Thats a good point, but finding a true techie with a personality would be quiet the challenge.[/quote]

HEY! I resemble that remark!

I remember the 1 show I saw on tech tv was "fresh gear", it was a new episode.

They had the wavebird, saying how it was all new and revolutionary and shit.

It aired 9 months after the wavebird was released.

I want Tech TV to exsist as much as the next guy, but a petition? Are you serious?

Look mister businessman, I know you've planned this out for months and and already have the merger in place but look 200 people signed this online petition. We'll have to cancel the plans. Abort, abort!

Sounds pretty stupid doesn't it?

I was just reading the article about this on Slashdot. Apparently people can keep their jobs if they're willing to relocate from TechTV's San Francisco stronghold to G4s LA fortress. Also, several shows from TechTV are being kept too, so it's probable they'll keep on the original casts from them if possible. Read more about what's being swiped from TechTV in G4's press release: http://www.g4tv.com/techtvmerger/

[quote name='jmcc']I was just reading the article about this on Slashdot. Apparently people can keep their jobs if they're willing to relocate from TechTV's San Francisco stronghold to G4s LA fortress. Also, several shows from TechTV are being kept too, so it's probable they'll keep on the original casts from them if possible. Read more about what's being swiped from TechTV in G4's press release: http://www.g4tv.com/techtvmerger/[/quote]

Yeah, it would appear most of us jumped the gun. This is what happens when we are allowed to view information as it happens...

It's buisness.

Do you honestly think an e-mail will get noticed by the people with money? No. a protest with signs? MAYBE, but when things have gotten this far, NOTHING will happen.

[quote name='Wshakspear']It's buisness.

Do you honestly think an e-mail will get noticed by the people with money? No. a protest with signs? MAYBE, but when things have gotten this far, NOTHING will happen.[/quote]

He's right, I'm afraid. Someone is going to have to douse themself in gasoline and light themself on fire, like that monk in Vietnam. So... 1-2-3 not it!

not it, but i call lighting the first match!

honestly, if they want to keep thyre jobs, theyll relocate. when egm moved, many of the members moved too.

[quote name='jmcc'][quote name='Wshakspear']It's buisness.

Do you honestly think an e-mail will get noticed by the people with money? No. a protest with signs? MAYBE, but when things have gotten this far, NOTHING will happen.[/quote]

He's right, I'm afraid. Someone is going to have to douse themself in gasoline and light themself on fire, like that monk in Vietnam. So... 1-2-3 not it![/quote]

not it. But I nomiate MWL or CloudSpekk for it.

[quote name='JimmieMac']I think someone should get a petition to get me on there. I'd fuckin learn 'em good.[/quote]
How did this not turn into shaq-fu?

fuckin
*shrug*

[quote name='Scrubking']I love these internet petitions. They are so amusing.[/quote]

That they are.

What would have been more helpful would have been a show of support BEFORE everyone got whacked.

CTL

ill sign it when i get home, the school has it blocked. still dont know if this will do anything.

[quote name='ragtop70']If Morgan Webb loses her job, I'll let her move in with me![/quote]

Does this mean you have a stable?

MWL = Good Bacon

Seriously though, i hope none of you actually think tihs will do something.

I'll eat my hat if something happens.

In a shocking turn of events today, the merger between Tech Tv and G4 has been canceled. Here's what the head of tech tv said: "Well, we got so many e-mails and this petition right here, that we decided NOT to go through with it. Thanks, **(CwazyDuCk44)**, you saved our hide."

mmmmm....Hat.

Like it really makes a difference? I know, lets broadcast 24 hours a day with only 4 or 5 hours of new content daily! Brilliant!
I mean really, how many times a day do you really need to rerun Screensavers and XPlay?

[quote name='PsyClerk'][quote name='ragtop70']If Morgan Webb loses her job, I'll let her move in with me![/quote]

Does this mean you have a stable?[/quote]

ZING.

So I guess the petition actually worked then?

[quote name='JSweeney']Like it really makes a difference? I know, lets broadcast 24 hours a day with only 4 or 5 hours of new content daily! Brilliant!
I mean really, how many times a day do you really need to rerun Screensavers and XPlay?[/quote]

I hear ya and 4-5 hours is stretching on somedays...I always enjoy watching an episode of x-play from last november, three times in a single day.

well after looking at that G4tv link, and seeing the part about how 40 million people will be receiving this channel, i doubt 200 will have an effect... you get 20 million and more, and u might have something

[quote name='ZForce915'][quote name='jmcc'][quote name='Wshakspear']It's buisness.

He's right, I'm afraid. Someone is going to have to douse themself in gasoline and light themself on fire, like that monk in Vietnam. So... 1-2-3 not it![/quote]

not it. But I nomiate MWL or CloudSpekk for it.[/quote]

How about a petition to MWL to set "ITself" on fire in protest of the merger and high gas prices.

bread's done
Back