PGR4 $30, Scene It $50, Halo 3 & Bioshock $48 at Amazon - Weekly ad match

Nice. Love Amazon.

Do you just happen to do a search for the games that are in speedy's threads? I know Amazon has done this before, but I'm wondering if there's some sort of pattern of when and what stuff they'll match.

ha that is pretty awesome.....considering picking up scene it. Its funny I went to a huge target this mourning to get lightbulbs, and they were already sold out of Scene It! at noon....

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Nice. Love Amazon.

Do you just happen to do a search for the games that are in speedy's threads? I know Amazon has done this before, but I'm wondering if there's some sort of pattern of when and what stuff they'll match.[/quote]I just search manually...there doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason, but usually they are more apt to match the PC deals.

[quote name='Scorch']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/videogames.html

but does it not work for PS3, 360 and Wii?[/quote]Yeah, its farked. We are going to start from scratch on a new price tracker.

PGR4 is tempting since it looks like a solid game, but since I just bought MotoGP07 for a 10 spot I'll have to wait.

Scene It is a lot of fun when you get the family around. And you don't have to be a movie buff to enjoy, though that helps :cool:

[quote name='CheapyD']I just search manually...there doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason, but usually they are more apt to match the PC deals.[/quote]Great service then--greatly appreciated. Thanks.

[quote name='Trenchalicious']Is it just me or did PGR4 tank in price pretty quickly?[/QUOTE]

It did. It was unpopular for some reason. Maybe adding the motorcycles in the game was what killed it?

[quote name='Trenchalicious']Is it just me or did PGR4 tank in price pretty quickly?[/QUOTE]
They decided to release it on a horrible date: 1 week after Halo 3 came out.

Everyone was too busy with Halo 3 to notice that it was even released.

[quote name='Mr Peanut']They decided to release it on a horrible date: 1 week after Halo 3 came out.

Everyone was too busy with Halo 3 to notice that it was even released.[/quote]Not to mention Forza just came out a few months earlier. Really quite a shame for the game since it's a really solid arcade racer.

I have Scene-It! LCA, it is awesome when you have people over, especially family that usually doesn't do video games. Everything like the score is kept up for you so you can just focus on answering the questions and having fun.

[quote name='Terrenceistheman']It's kinda silly that Scene It! isnt an online title. Doesnt seem like it would take too much to make that happen. Would be a lot more fun too![/quote]

wait really it doesn't have online play?

...I'm not sure its even worth $50 to me then since otherwise I wouldn't have a ton of use for it

No online play in Scene It: LCA. IIRC, the four IR remotes it comes with is max players for a game and if you play by yourself it's simply for the highest score.

I'd say it's a must-buy at $30 if you've got the friends and family around. $60 was a little high, $50 isn't much better.

Almost sold on PGR4, but I just got PGR3, so I think I'll play that for a while first. I'm already building a 360 backlog pretty fast, lol.

How much improvement is there with PGR4 over PGR3, anyway?

[quote name='PrarieD0G']Almost sold on PGR4, but I just got PGR3, so I think I'll play that for a while first. I'm already building a 360 backlog pretty fast, lol.

How much improvement is there with PGR4 over PGR3, anyway?[/quote]Pretty much more of the same, with the addition of bikes. The career has been restructured as well. It's got weather, too, which actually does affect gameplay.

Physics model was changed up a bit, I couldn't really describe it but its noticeable. Other than that, new tracks, new cars (and bikes), much better graphics, weather effects, a lot more singler player stuff to do as well. It's well worth the $30 bucks, I was a big fan of 3 and 4 was a big improvement to me. Too bad it was sent to die after Halo 3

I'd pick up PGR4 but I have too many games to get to as it is. I was interested in the game so when I saw Target's price I went right to Amazon to compare and saw that they were the same.

bread's done
Back