Phantasy Star Portable 2

kurrptsenate

CAGiversary!
Feedback
64 (100%)
Finally got the Japanese import of this game (as no US date is set so far). If you've played Phantasy Star Universe, the graphics are as good if not better, but much is improved. You can no roll as well as block. They did away with fluids and now your weapons recharge PP. They've added a PvP of sorts called Battlemode, which is like capture the flag where you actually fight other hunters. They also added the human and newman nanoblasts. The Japanese version also has full infrastructure support :applause:

All in all, extremely happy with this game. I think it is another reason why PS > MH.

Unfortunately, there is still no US release date set as of yet. If it's like the last one, It would probably be at LEAST 5 months after the Japanese release, which would put it at the end of the 3rd quarter, beginning of the 4th.

for the most part, if you are near max level (200) and really trying to deck your character out. There are enough drops while leveling that it's not really a big issue, especially when picking a melee build. There are about 10 or more different kinds of weapons just for that class.

Each weapon can be 1 of 6 elements, or neutral (crap). For the best palette, you want a good weapon of each element so you have the correct tool for the job. Each weapon also has about 4-5 skills a piece, which dictates the animation for your special attack and changes when and where you can best utilize it.

There are quite a few levels in this game. There is 3 planets, about 10 levels per planet, plus the guardians colony, which has about 8 levels. There are also rare boss spawns (might get it once every 10 hours) as well as rare level spawns (just as rare).

There are also copious amounts of armors that are bound to an element like the weapons are. I'd highly suggest grabbing the US release of Phantasy Star Portable 1.

There's also a pretty hefty demo of the first PSP on PSN. Which hooked me on it. (But for some reason, the actual game isn't on PSN...)

definitely deserves a higher metacritic score than what it has, and i'm shocked that ign has the highest score for it. they've improved so much from the first game. some enemies and locales are recycled, but they brought a ton of new content. along with improving the battle system, and adding in real online co-op. i'm not too impressed with the characters, but the story is interesting enough, and varying from the seed invasion/terrorist seed plantings. one of the top psp releases for sure.

If the game wasn't 40 dollars, I might actually buy this game. But, alas. Sega must not realize how bad the sales for PSP games are in NA.

I got it for $40 and thought it was well worth it.

Anyone else have it and want to play? I'm only like lvl 18 or so so far haha.

I bought PSP2 day one (was really excited because there is infrastructure online co-op.) After playing it for 3 hours, I stopped and never went back. It is too similar to PSP1, and my online experience wasn't great; I experienced a few drops and lagged constantly. I shoulda waited for a price drop, oh well.

I've noticed a little lag, but nothing terrible. Most of the time I've spent with it was online and I've personally really enjoyed it.

If any of you ever want to play PM me. I'd be down for it. Need to play this more :p

bread's done
Back