Phantom Brave $12.50 NEW at Hastings B&M.

the_gloaming

CAGiversary!
I just got back from Hastings, shocked to find Phantom Brave (retail $49.99) for only $12.50!

I asked the manager on duty if it was a glitch or something and he looked it up -- the computer registered the new copies at $12.50, and used at $39.99! He said sometimes that happens. Anyway, it's YMMV but I would recommend checking it out if you have Hastings near you! And it's B&M only -- not online. Good luck!

Good for you! I looking to get a copy when it goes down in price, finally "finished" Disgaea. I put quotes around finished cause it's just not something you ever REALLY finish. Unfortunately no Hastings around my neck of the woods but glad for you, fight with some inanimate objects, it'll be good for you!

[quote name='TimTucker'][quote name='postaboy']what hastings? does hastings have a website?[/quote]

Yes, they have a website: Cheap ass link[/quote]

aye, they don't got it in california. so gayed.

nice deal OP. got the game when it came out, great game.

on a side note, you could probably make a few CAGs day if you were able to pick up a few copies for them.

[quote name='craven_fiend']nice deal OP. got the game when it came out, great game.

on a side note, you could probably make a few CAGs day if you were able to pick up a few copies for them.[/quote]
Correct.... he could. (Yes, I want a copy...)

[quote name='Chacrana'][quote name='craven_fiend']nice deal OP. got the game when it came out, great game.

on a side note, you could probably make a few CAGs day if you were able to pick up a few copies for them.[/quote]
Correct.... he could. (Yes, I want a copy...)[/quote]

yeah, i wouldn't mind having another copy as momento. its a great game and the OP, if able to, should help others out. but its his/her call.

Unfortunately, this deal is YMMV. I just drove to my Hastings and had the game scanned, but it was still $49.99. Oh well.

Maybe only the special edition is on sale? I think my store only had the regular edition.

I picked one up at my Hastings Jefferson City, MO. They had one copy left for $12.50 after I bought mine. Great deal.

I'll check my Hasting's after work...I'm not interested in the game, but if its 12.50 I'll pick up some copies for some fellow CAGs. Anyone know what the trade-in-value for this game would be at a gamestop or ebgames??

[quote name='bapti2529']I'll check my Hasting's after work...I'm not interested in the game, but if its 12.50 I'll pick up some copies for some fellow CAGs. Anyone know what the trade-in-value for this game would be at a gamestop or ebgames??[/quote]
Thanks for doing that man.

Sorry if I got any hopes up, but I just returned from the Hasting's in Norman, OK and their only copy is still 49.99.

Is it just me, or does anyone else see the loose confederation that is the Hasting's chain? Sometimes I think the individual stores have complete power over prices. IMO, this rocks my face off because it encourages recon work - and thats 90% of the fun - but at times it sucks hardcore for reasons like this deal.

I also would send $20 if someone could pick this up for me, or would trade a sealed Kingdom Hearts:COM for it straight up.

It's marked $49.99 at my Hastings too. I think hastings actually has the price linked to the actual price tag though. If you have them scan a $49.99 tag, the game will always come up $49.99. To see if any markdowns have occurred in the computer system, you need to have the game's barcode scanned.

Sorry it's been a while since I posted ...

When I asked the guy if the price was right, he didn't barcode, scan, or anything. He just did a search on "Phan Brave" in the computer. He must have heard me wrong, or something.

It's funny, too, because the tag on the box says "25% off Price as Marked." Next to that is a $49.99 price tag, covered by a $12.50 tag. They may have messed up, because $12.50 is the 25% that should've been deducted, not the total price ... which means the discount price SHOULD be around $37.

Anywho, I'm sure there were at least 3 or 4 other copies of it there. I will pick it up for anyone who wants. My town is small enough that I'm almost certain no one else will buy the game. They still have sealed, brand new copies of the original Zone of the Enders, too. There are lots of oldies at my local Hastings.

Anyway, I also kept the receipt but do not have a scanner. If I can find one I will scan it and post. PM me if you want me to pick up a copy.

bread's done
Back