Phantom Breaker Special Edition $39.99 (Pre-order)

Kotomine

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/Phantom-Breaker-Special-Xbox-360/dp/B005GWU01G/ref=pd_ys_ir_all_116

Special edition includes fold-out posters and mini guide complete with move lists and character art.

911mh2BWbLL._AA1500_.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlTr2MjBdxQ

Apologies if this has already been posted.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'd of just been more content with an artbook on this release. Never been a fan of fold out posters or calenders. Still a good price for a LE though.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']This looks fucking horrid, & I played Arcana Hearts once...[/QUOTE]

It's a low budget game...

Also , how many LEs have you seen for $40 from day one release?

Edit: The graphics are better than Arcana Heart 3.

I have the Japanese release of this game, and it isn't all that good. A pretty generic fighting game overall, with great music and voice acting. But it features Makise Kurisu as a character, so I bought it xD I'll probably buy the US release too

[quote name='G-Nitro']I have the Japanese release of this game, and it isn't all that good. A pretty generic fighting game overall, with great music and voice acting. But it features Makise Kurisu as a character, so I bought it xD I'll probably buy the US release too[/QUOTE]

Wait, what? From Steins;Gate?

Oh god damnit, I'm gonna have to get this now. *Grumble*

I agree with the people who are saying this doesn't look that great, while getting an LE for 40 bucks is nice, the animations just look lacking and with all the other fighting games coming out in the next few months this really doesn't look worth it.

I think this is MSRP. It's been this price for as long as it was listed. Unless this was more of an 'awareness' post?

If I get this, I'll probably just wait it out. I know it's a different genre, but I did the same for Otomedius Excellent SE. About a month later, they had a ton of them in the Warehouse deals for $29.99. I got mine with everything brand new and sealed. The outside box was beat up, but that was it.

If people want to try the game, there is a demo for it on the Xbox 360 Japanese marketplace. Google is your friend if you want to find out how to create one. There is another fighting game demo on their too, but I don't like it as much. Something something is called.

Sorry to bump such an old thread. Moderators, I know this is no longer really a deal. Maybe it should be moved to the 360 forums, given the uncertainty of the game's release.

What happened to this game? I got a phone call from Gamestop telling me it is cancelled. It is still up for pre-order on Amazon though.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Sorry to bump such an old thread. Moderators, I know this is no longer really a deal. Maybe it should be moved to the 360 forums, given the uncertainty of the game's release.

What happened to this game? I got a phone call from Gamestop telling me it is cancelled. It is still up for pre-order on Amazon though.[/QUOTE]

Basically, the publisher was a subsidiary of South Peak which is having massive financial problems. I believe the developers have had to deal with Microsoft QA essentially on their own without more financing and the game won't pass. It will likely require another publisher to pick it up if there is any hope of this seeing release.

[quote name='62t']The game has already been printed, so they are done with QA.

Here is an unboxing video http://www.twitch.tv/screwattack/b/311772877 (around 18 min mark)[/QUOTE]

Not according to their posts in late August it hasn't been. Just before PAX they were doing meetings with Microsoft to discuss QA and licensing issues. That may be a prototype shown on the Screwattack video.

bread's done
Back