Phantom Dust on Live

sj41

CAGiversary!
I just wanted to make this thread to see if I could get any new Phantom Dust players on board. This game really is a gem from the original Xbox, but has been forgotten. It just got patched to be playable on the 360, and it works great aside from some slowdown when the environments are falling and swinging around. This game costs less than $10 at most stores, and I saw that it was $4.99 on ebgames.com, so if you're looking for a unique experience that is high quality, for an extremely low price, then this game is for you. It has a really deep online game that I would love to be able to use if some of you guys would like to play. I'm on right now if anybody wants to hop on and try to play me, I'm definitely up for it.

I hope nobody minds that I put this in the 360 forum, even though it's an old Xbox game with a thread already in that forum. I really want some new players, though, and they would mostly be 360 gamers, so mods can do what they want.

$4.99 at EB? what the hell, I might as well order it, even though it's going to arrive scratched up with dried chunks of food on it.

I'll be back on XBL next week, maybe I'll play some Phantom Dust. I forget-- do you have to earn stuff in the single player mode to make your character better online?

[quote name='Apossum']$4.99 at EB? what the hell, I might as well order it, even though it's going to arrive scratched up with dried chunks of food on it.

I'll be back on XBL next week, maybe I'll play some Phantom Dust. I forget-- do you have to earn stuff in the single player mode to make your character better online?[/QUOTE]

Yes. You need to play single player to unlock new Skills to put in your Arsenal.

Your character doesn't really have any stats, it's all about the new skills to put together.

Anyway, I've been playing it on and off lately, up to Ch4 I think. Message me if you ever wanna play.

I'd play it again here and there, but I was playing that all the time on Xbox, 300+ hours I'm sure. Had all my decks set up, every skill plus a decent number of the XBL skills.

Playing single player all over plus getting all the skills over sounds like such a chore I might not even rebuy the game.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I want to get back into it as well, but I'm dreading going through the single player again... I'll try and do it though.[/quote]
I loved this game online but that damn single player was like pulling teeth, just trying to get through it.

[quote name='Rage Goblin']To echo the others: I'd totally be there if I didn't have to play through the single player game again.[/QUOTE]
You can play with random arsenals assigned to each player, but it doesn't come close to the fun you can have with a well-crafted arsenal.

I'm playing through it now (slowly). I started on the 360 but after chapter 1 restarted it on the XBox...my Wii is quickly becoming a candidate for first console I've ever sold, so I hooked the XBox up where it used to be and started over. Playing this game with custom soundtracks is amazing, and it reminds me how much I liked that feature on the XBox and annoys me that they neutered it on the 360.

So I'll be up for some online probably in a week or so, but I'm sure I'll be terrible.

I have never gone online before, but I love the game so I will probably do it once I replay the single player mission.

I've been playing the crap outta this game all week. It's still one of the most original and very best Xbox games I've ever played.

Even though the emulation isn't perfect on the 360 (I notice some pretty bad slowdown when environments blow up), I'm still having tons of fun with it.

I'll probably start playing on XBL sometime next week after I relearn the game.

Trying to finish this game again so I can get online with it(I know you can still get online, but I mean with my own personal arsenals).

bread's done
Back