Phoenix Wright II - Out Now in Japan

dyreschlock

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-ci2-50-13-71-9g-49-en-70-1iyq.html

[hmm... there doesn't seem to be a current thread for this...]

Yesterday morning, bright and early, i rolled out of bed and into my local game store to pick up the newly released Gyakutensaiban II. It was so shiny sitting on the shelf, so masterful... i bought it with glee knowing full well it had full english support included.

BUT...

Gyakutensaiban II not only has full english support, but includes the full english GAME. When i first loaded up my DS with the game inside, on the game selection screen it indicated the cart was "Phoenix Wright II: Justice for All", not Gyakutensaiban II as i was expecting. I'm pretty sure this is because my DS OS is in english, so it displayed the english title of the game.

When the title screen is displayed, you're given the option of Japanese or English.

It is complete english.. i have no doubt that the english dialogue presented in this game will be exact for the US release. In fact, they'll probably include the japanese version of the game as well in the US release.

Soo.....

If you love Phoenix Wright, and want Phoenix Wright II, it is out now. This is Phoenix Wright II: Justice for All. Only $30 at play-asia. The only reason i could think of as to why Capcom didn't have a world-wide release for this game was pacing. They are probably giving themselves time to finish the DS remake and english version of Gyakutensaiban III, since Gyakutensaiban IV will probably be released around March. Phoenix Wright II will be released in America in January 2007.
____

Anyways, so far Phoenix Wright II is just as beautiful as the first, though it's really more of an extension. more chapters of the same great characters, compelling story, and hilarity.

It does feature two new additions to the gameplay though.

a) During the proceedings, you present evidence to prove the witness is lying. however, now you can also present profiles as well. This doesn't seem like that big of an addition, but it comes in handy when you're investigating and want to know who knows who.

b) Mental locks.. or Psyke-Locks. When talking with people, some times they'll keep things from you, so you must break their mental hold on the information to get them talking.

When i originally heard about this, it sounded so dumb. But, it's basically using evidence and profiles to prove facts during the investigation phase of the gameplay. It works out pretty well. ^_^

Also... apparently you can unlock something, if you have the Gyakutensaiban II gba cart in your DS. I haven't tried it, but i probably will if i can find that cart for cheap.
_____

So yeah... i put pokemon diamond on hold for a little while to check out phoenix wright ii, and now that i've started there's no stopping. I'll probably get back to pokemon once i finish phoenix wright ii.

And again, if you love Phoenix Wright, this includes the full version of Phoenix Wright II: Justice for All, not just english support.

Even when you save, each language has separate save files, so you can progress through each language separately.

Does the English dialogue in the English "half" of Gyakuten Saiban II have the same flair and humor in its wordplay/phrasing as the U.S. Phoenix Wright 1? Or has the writing style changed?

[quote name='destro713']Does the English dialogue in the English "half" of Gyakuten Saiban II have the same flair and humor in its wordplay/phrasing as the U.S. Phoenix Wright 1? Or has the writing style changed?[/QUOTE]
just as good as PW1.

I want to pick it up, but if the translation is going to be refined for the English release, I will wait for the English release.

Does anybody have a link confirming that it will have the same script as the English version? I know Japanese humor is very different...I remember the people who made Lunar SSSC had to change a lot of the jokes. I don't want a version with awkward dialogue.

I gather the original Phoenix Wright for DS had the same English translation on the Japanese cart. So assuming this is the same is probably not the worst thing one could do.

Regardless, January isn't so far away. I'm going to wait so I can get the booklet and box in a language I can read.

-HM

[quote name='Like A Breath']I want to pick it up, but if the translation is going to be refined for the English release, I will wait for the English release.

Does anybody have a link confirming that it will have the same script as the English version? I know Japanese humor is very different...I remember the people who made Lunar SSSC had to change a lot of the jokes. I don't want a version with awkward dialogue.[/QUOTE]
once you start playing it is like the sixth case of the first game.

I'm just starting Case 3 and.....OMFG CASE 2 WAS INSANE!!!!

The end was completely unexpected, just keep playing and find out :)

[quote name='dyreschlock'][

Also... apparently you can unlock something, if you have the Gyakutensaiban II gba cart in your DS. I haven't tried it, but i probably will if i can find that cart for cheap.
[/quote]

It think it just unlocks all the cases (in the Japanese version).

I already bought it off Play-Asia, as I did with the first one, the english translation is EXACTLY the same as the US release (I played the original US release and the japanese/english selectable) I believe the reason they are taking so long to bring it over is because they also need to make an instruction manual for it, also theres quite a few AAA titles coming out, as the OP said they're trying to pace themselves

I FOUND A TRANSLATION FLAW IN THE GAME.

It's in case two. and it's very prominent if you pay attention. Does anybody else find it disconcerting when you find this:

Fransezcka von karma is constantly being addressed as "Sir" @_@

:rofl:

[quote name='musicnoteless']I FOUND A TRANSLATION FLAW IN THE GAME.

It's in case two. and it's very prominent if you pay attention. Does anybody else find it disconcerting when you find this:

Fransezcka von karma is constantly being addressed as "Sir" @_@

:rofl:[/QUOTE]
Although 'sir' is traditionaly a male term, it is not exclusively so. However I did find a some other typos.

So then they are planning on releasing all the Phoenix Wright games here? I finally picked up the first one... and I'm glad you guys talk about it because I almost passed on this title! It is great! I hope we don't miss out on any!

If you're too lazy to buy this over the internet, Fry's Electronics sells this for $50.00, as well as Jump Superstars. At least, at the Fry's in Arizona.

I passed on Phoenix Wright, I'm just going to wait until it's released here. I have enough games to play.

bread's done
Back