Phoenix Wright Trials and Tribulations (DS) $19.99 new on Amazon w/FS - 6 left!

Wonder if this is some type of import or fake. Weird that just one seller wants to sell it for this price.

thought maybe i'd drop this in here too. from Amazon Warehouse Deals

Apollo Justice - Ace Attorney - Click

Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth - click

edit: not really sure if it's a good price though. sorry didn't mean to threadjack or anything.

[quote name='scottman']Wonder if this is some type of import or fake. Weird that just one seller wants to sell it for this price.[/QUOTE]

I'll report back with results when I get it on Tuesday/Wednesday. I'll just return it if it is an import/fake, but at least I have another copy of it (boxless, though, which is why I bought this copy as well)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just received my copy. It's a legit, NA copy of the game. I compared the packaging to my unopened Okamiden box, and they're the same, so it's not a re-wrapped used game or anything like that. Instruction manuals and safety booklets are all in there. At that price, it's a steal considering how expensive everyone else is selling it for.

(sorry for the double post, but if I added this to my previous post with an edit, it wouldn't bump it up. Just want everyone else who was interested know that this is legit)

[quote name='MajinStylee']Just received my copy. It's a legit, NA copy of the game. I compared the packaging to my unopened Okamiden box, and they're the same, so it's not a re-wrapped used game or anything like that. Instruction manuals and safety booklets are all in there. At that price, it's a steal considering how expensive everyone else is selling it for.

(sorry for the double post, but if I added this to my previous post with an edit, it wouldn't bump it up. Just want everyone else who was interested know that this is legit)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. I just got mine, but since it's going straight to the backlog, I'm torn about whether I should bother opening it now or later (if at all).

I wonder if there is going to be a reprint like the first one, or if this is already from a reprint.

Oh well, got one. 108 left. Now my collection is complete.

I recieved mine two days ago and it did not look factory sealed. Also the back of the card where all the numbers and letters are is yellow-green. My other ds games have the panel as dark green. The case is not a normal ds case but the manual seems legit. I found it a bit strange that one seller has so many copies of a rare game.

[quote name='esq373']I recieved mine two days ago and it did not look factory sealed. Also the back of the card where all the numbers and letters are is yellow-green. My other ds games have the panel as dark green. The case is not a normal ds case but the manual seems legit. I found it a bit strange that one seller has so many copies of a rare game.[/QUOTE]

After reading this, I went back and looked closer at what you pointed out. The wrapping around the box is the same as the Okamiden copy that I got directly from Amazon about a week ago (maybe Capcom uses that kind of loose-ish, crinkly wrapping?); both of the insides of the games are exactly the same (they're the new boxes without the little section to store a GBA game). The panels in the area you pointed out are the same color.

I have no doubt that this is legit, but I'm starting to get convinced that this is a reprint of some sort because of the inside of the box being the newer design. It was probably quietly reprinted like the first AA game was, but Amazon itself isn't selling it. I don't know lol but I highly doubt the seller is selling fakes. I'm glad you're being vigilant, though

[quote name='MajinStylee']After reading this, I went back and looked closer at what you pointed out. The wrapping around the box is the same as the Okamiden copy that I got directly from Amazon about a week ago (maybe Capcom uses that kind of loose-ish, crinkly wrapping?); both of the insides of the games are exactly the same (they're the new boxes without the little section to store a GBA game). The panels in the area you pointed out are the same color.

I have no doubt that this is legit, but I'm starting to get convinced that this is a reprint of some sort because of the inside of the box being the newer design. It was probably quietly reprinted like the first AA game was, but Amazon itself isn't selling it. I don't know lol but I highly doubt the seller is selling fakes. I'm glad you're being vigilant, though[/QUOTE]

Yes, actually the case is the gba less type. I also vaguely remember the Phoenix Wright reprint being "badly" wrapped. Still the panel is the only thing that is different from all my ds games. I don't have Okamiden so I can't check, unfortunately. The only other capcom game I have is the original Phoenix Wright which is a darker shade of green.

I can confirm that the factory seal on my other ace attorney games is the loose type with a seam running along 3 edges that looks fake. That is how capcom wraps a lot of their games.

Not sure about missing the gba slot. Did that just happen recently? I have never seen it yet.

[quote name='scottman']I can confirm that the factory seal on my other ace attorney games is the loose type with a seam running along 3 edges that looks fake. That is how capcom wraps a lot of their games.

Not sure about missing the gba slot. Did that just happen recently? I have never seen it yet.[/QUOTE]

Yup thats how the wrapping was on mine. The ds case without a gba slot is one of those eco friendly type cases.

Thanks OP. I was missing this installment in order to complete the US series and I was not going to be paying the insane prices others wanted. Saved me an incomplete gaming experience.

Had no idea the Phoenix Wright games were worth so much, glad I bought them on release. This was a good game, I'd recommend it to those who enjoyed the previous games.

WTF, WOW! I am returning my fulfilled by Amazon order and just getting it from them directly for $19.99

Edit: I REALLY hope they will re-print Justice For All.

Hmm, I though Capcom said they weren't reprinting phoenix wright, tempted, maybe i'll just wait until it goes oos, and kick myself then

Dang, I was asleep when the game was $19.99 XDD Anyway, it's gone now, but if it comes back up, I'll update the thread title/first post. Thanks for the heads up :D

I've gotten nearly all the games relatively cheaply either used from Best Buy's site, or from local Gamestops. BB is running a B2G1 used game sale now - put 'em in your cart or wish list and check back often to see what comes in stock. I always keep similarly priced games ready in my BB cart so I can maximize my CAGing.

There are a few in stock again. If this is like the first reprint, expect it to hit $15 soon.

Now to return my just received and not even removed from shipping envelope $32 copy. Anyone know how much amazon deducts for return shipping? Can't be more than $12 though.

edit: says they will deduct $4.98 for return ups shipping. Will be cheaper to ship first class myself.

[quote name='yantelope']OOS again. That was quick.[/QUOTE]

I'm just wondering, but is there any definitive way to tell whether this is a reprint or not? Only reason I'm asking is because I know Amazon sometimes gets random units back in stock for old PS2 and Gamecube games I'm watching, so it could just be random warehouse finds? Though with the 5th game announced in Japan in January, a reprint is still possible.

Sorry for rambling, just wondering if anyone has any knowledge regarding this.

Since that other seller has copies too I'd wager it's a reprint. I'm hoping anyway as I don't have money for this right now :(

Someone said they got an eco case version, while the original had the standard ds case with gba slot. If the case has parts cut out of it, most likely a reprint.

Now I remember the same thing happened with a dragon quest game on amazon. It magically came back in stock after fetching high prices, but it was an eco-case reprint.

MOST WANTED was smart (or evil depending on your view) to sneak in at $31.92 before these become more available at $20 if it is a reprint. He sold at least 50 if his stock numbers are right. Or maybe amazon is taking their sporadic stock from him? Not sure how that "fulfilled by amazon" stock works.

On Amazon, it says it's backordered with more coming in stock tomorrow at the $19.99 price. I think we can assume it's a reprint now?

I ordered one from the third party seller (who was selling it for $31.xx) and I am almost certain it's a re-sealed copy.

I own sealed copies of every other PW game (including Apollo and Investigations) and they all have the same pattern and style of shrinkwrap. It seems odd that Capcom would just change it now.

I was able to snag one from Amazon so hopefully I get it and can compare the two to see whether Capcom changed the shrinkwrapping method.

EDIT* I forgot about the eco-cases being used now so I guess that could factor into a new shrinkwrapping method.

[quote name='Vinny']I ordered one from the third party seller (who was selling it for $31.xx) and I am almost certain it's a re-sealed copy.

I own sealed copies of every other PW game (including Apollo and Investigations) and they all have the same pattern and style of shrinkwrap. It seems odd that Capcom would just change it now.

I was able to snag one from Amazon so hopefully I get it and can compare the two to see whether Capcom changed the shrinkwrapping method.

EDIT* I forgot about the eco-cases being used now so I guess that could factor into a new shrinkwrapping method.[/QUOTE]

Are the authentic sealed copies of the PW games the ones that look like have been re-shrinkwrapped instead of the typical y-fold?

I just checked the sealed copy I have of the second game from launch and it isn't y fold sealed, so I wouldn't worry about the sealing method. As for the case on the third one, I checked mine and it has the GBA slot, so these are likely reprints.

However a great reprint is still great :D

[quote name='AFC']On Amazon, it says it's backordered with more coming in stock tomorrow at the $19.99 price. I think we can assume it's a reprint now?[/QUOTE]

Hmm...I can't find where it says this. Is it still there? Maybe I'm not looking in the right place lol If anyone can point it out to me, I'll appreciate it so I can update the first post. It'd be an absolute steal at $19.99

[quote name='MajinStylee']Hmm...I can't find where it says this. Is it still there? Maybe I'm not looking in the right place lol If anyone can point it out to me, I'll appreciate it so I can update the first post. It'd be an absolute steal at $19.99[/QUOTE]

Just checked and I don't see it anymore either. Amazon doesn't even show up as a seller of New copies now. Strange? Hopefully it's a reprint so everyone else can get in on it. Would suck if the site was just glitching out over the last copies being sold.

[quote name='backseatdog']Are the authentic sealed copies of the PW games the ones that look like have been re-shrinkwrapped instead of the typical y-fold?[/QUOTE]

Yup. And they look very crappily done too, with lots of wrinkles. The plastic they use is soft/stretchy too.

bread's done
Back