Phoenix Wright

yeah that search link leads to what seems to be all ended acutions.

and the rate also covers used, i was looking for factory sealed which raises it a little. In the end though i think i got just about the lowest possible price for factory sealed.

i dont usually get good experiences with Ebay so i generally try to avoid it, especially the bidding aspect, as it always gets sniped up, but this one just happened to had popped up just as my friend screwed me over and i was able to buy it immediately.

I know that link leads to ended auctions, that wasn't an accident. How else can I say "the going rate is anywhere from $35-50."? ;)

Though, I wasn't aware that you were looking for new only. You can easily add that search parameter if you wanted. But you already got a copy anyway. Glad you didn't get raped.

actually when i was looking through advanced search i did not see an option to search for new only.

but i was able to search for buy it now (which honestly is the best way to do it, any factory sealed biddable item will not get sold for cheap and will waste time to sit around for days bidding anyway), which is how i found this.... i think it had just been put up too so i got lucky.

in this case fortunately, the way i did it still covered all the results i wanted to see, but i'll keep that in mind.

There are still a few copies at Gamestops. I've picked up 3 in the last week. One to keep, and 2 to trade. Looking for a mint/excellent copy of PS2 Futurama if anyone has one.

The thing is with Gamestops since the game is discontinued they have removed the New game from their instore inventory search, only used copies show up there now. The only way to find out if a GS/EB has a new one is to visit or call. Most will tell you it isn't available new in their stores. Just say thank you and go on to the next. I called over 30 stores today, found 3 copies so at least in my area there seems to be 1 new $29.99 copy per 10 stores. There are another 30 stores all within 24 miles of me but I don't plan on calling them unless I end up needing more trade material. Of course with GS/EB "New" means opened but hopefully never used.

Since it doesn't show in their system new anymore, they won't be getting any more new copies and the used ones fly away pretty quickly at $19.99.

TexTuna

it always seems like somewhere must have it locally but it's an overall hassle to call so many people and often they dont in the more urban populated places i am, besides, i really dont have the time to schlep around and check all the places out.

it's kind of like what Dr. Faustus said.

in my experience there always is some area where some dude finds what i'm looking for in abundance (lol, like what he horrid TRU sale) but i'm very unlucky with that kind of thing with the areas i'm in.

Tell me about it. Aparently the PS2 Futurama I'm looking for is somewhat common in some parts of the country - even sealed examples. Here, nada.

Yet Phoneix Wright's while not easy to find are at least around. Apparently the local Fry's had several copies last week but they are sold out now. And the 3 copies I've gotten at GS's have all been their last copies.

Anyone know why this game was discontinued? Sure seems to me they sale quick whenever they are found and by all accounts its a great game. Oh well.

TexTuna

[quote name='spincut']it always seems like somewhere must have it locally but it's an overall hassle to call so many people and often they dont in the more urban populated places i am, besides, i really dont have the time to schlep around and check all the places out.

it's kind of like what Dr. Faustus said.

in my experience there always is some area where some dude finds what i'm looking for in abundance (lol, like what he horrid TRU sale) but i'm very unlucky with that kind of thing with the areas i'm in.[/QUOTE]

Dang...I live in Saudi Arabia and they have no copys at the local store...Shipping isn't a option because anything electronic will get stolen in customs. I'm in a nasty pickle.

Reality's Fringe]5th case= well worth the money. As a sidenote said:
5th case, if anything, is the case that makes the game not worth the money. Yeah, it's the only case that takes advantage of the DS's touch screen capabilities well, but, in investigating and in court, if you don't follow the exact, and often obscure, path that Capcom had in mind, then you end up stuck for a good long while.

[quote name='alongx']5th case, if anything, is the case that makes the game not worth the money. Yeah, it's the only case that takes advantage of the DS's touch screen capabilities well, but, in investigating and in court, if you don't follow the exact, and often obscure, path that Capcom had in mind, then you end up stuck for a good long while.[/QUOTE]

The only real part I got stuck on was trying to turn that damn vase to make it look like the blue badger's head. Other than that, I didn't really have any problems with it (I only lost it twice, and I never lost the other cases). The problem with games like Phoenix Wright is, as you said, developer intent. There are instances where you can logically present something else that would challenge what the witness says, but you're regulated to a certain piece. I never really found it obscure to the point that I couldn't logic it out(though sometimes my reasonsfor picking the evidence were different from what Wright said). I just don't know how to save completed data on this damn thing.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']so i found one using the gamestop online store availability thing and it's cartridge only....good job gamestop, you suck[/QUOTE]

Yea, damn them for actually thinking that people buy video games to play them.

[quote name='Bezerker']Yea, damn them for actually thinking that people buy video games to play them.[/QUOTE]

Yea, damn you for actually thinking I was buying to sell. Yea, damn you for actually thinking that I wouldn't want the instructions or case. Yea, damn you for actually thinking that the company put all of that time and effort to make and produce the case and instructions only for it to be thrown away and not enjoyed and used by the customer. Yea, damn you for actually thinking DS games should be left out and in the dust. Yea, damn you for thinking that collections shouldn't be nice to look at and should just be cartridges thrown in a drawer. Yea, damn you for just now getting STFU-ed. :booty:

they dont have to be left in the dust, they have these things called sandwich bags. or maybe you could wrap it up in some aluminum foil, or some serwaaaaan waaaap.

[quote name='xDerekRx']If lived in Rochester NY , both of your Gamestops had 1 new and 1-2 used copies. Of course I live in Buffalo :([/QUOTE]How do you search for new copies of PW? I can only get the page for the PO ones.

You don't. Since it has been discontinued their search engine doesn't show it new - but several stores do have it.

There is one at the Lake Dallas store now.

Best thing to do is call up all the stores and ask. About 1 in 10 here seem to have one new copy ($29.99).

TexTuna

[quote name='banpeikun']How do you search for new copies of PW? I can only get the page for the PO ones.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Bezerker']they dont have to be left in the dust, they have these things called sandwich bags. or maybe you could wrap it up in some aluminum foil, or some serwaaaaan waaaap.[/QUOTE]

Not even homeless people would put up with that kind of piss-poor solution.

[quote name='TexTuna']Tell me about it. Aparently the PS2 Futurama I'm looking for is somewhat common in some parts of the country - even sealed examples. Here, nada.

Yet Phoneix Wright's while not easy to find are at least around. Apparently the local Fry's had several copies last week but they are sold out now. And the 3 copies I've gotten at GS's have all been their last copies.

Anyone know why this game was discontinued? Sure seems to me they sale quick whenever they are found and by all accounts its a great game. Oh well.

TexTuna[/QUOTE]

i'm under the impression that it may have been discontinued abruptly. I mean no game gets rare THIS Fast, even if there was a small run, they literally didnt even finish the first run of it, and i have a feeling for that reason it may end up that they wont give permission for a reprint because they dont want one, not sure why but thats why i suddenly felt the need to get the game now and not hold out for a reprint, since this time it may actually not happen due to the suspiciousness of the games discontinuance.

and yeah i didnt use GS's search thing because i wanted it new, i dont do ghetto saran wrap style, i buy my games for keeps and as such i always want it to be brand new when i get it. i dont have time to go driving around from store to store looking for a rare new copy, especially since the places i live in have very active consumerism and i very rarely find anything that has a CAG clearance level or is become fastly rare, i just dont live in one of those areas.

I recently picked up a complete used copy of the game (in mint condition and all) at my local Gamerush for $24.99 (for someone on the Gaming Age forum) and also a new copy for $29.99 as well for my friend's birthday present. They do have another copy with instructions and game (but no box) for $24.99 if anyone wants me to pick up the game for them. I can also check other local GR for the game as well. It seemed like every location in my area received at least one copy of the game in stock. I would love to trade it for a copy of Mario & Luigi: Partners In Time if someone wants to trade each title straight up.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']so i found one using the gamestop online store availability thing and it's cartridge only....good job gamestop, you suck[/QUOTE]

Better than where I'm at: no copies within 200 miles.

SI

[quote name='sterlingice']Better than where I'm at: no copies within 200 miles.

SI[/QUOTE]

Same here.
Joe, if you could pick up that copy for me I'd be forever in your debt.

I remember seeing a couple @ some of the Gamecrazy stores within my area. I'd be willing to pick some up for some fellow CAGs if they are still there that is.

I'd just ask to be reimbursed (cost + shipping).

Just let me know before 12 NOON (Pacific Time) today. Then I'll see what I can do; but I can't promise anything. Just shoot me a PM.

(first come, first serve basis; based on the time the PM was received sound fair?).

btw, after weeks of emails even before i placed the order and then phone calls and more (answering machine only) after to cancel once my friend made me the offer they FINALLY responded:

"Dear Customer,
Your order was canceled and your credit card was not charged because the item you ordered is out-of-stock with no expected ETA for restocking. We will notify you again when more inventory arrives.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused!

Customer Service,
www.targetstar.com
Targetstar Wholesale Club
open to the public"

yeah whatever, thanks for nothing targetstar. You suck.....then again i guess i shoulda known that, no OOS indications, no immediate manner of contact, and no way to just cancel an order.

oh well, it didnt really interfere with anything.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']Read post #64.

Word.[/QUOTE]
Read and disagreed :cool: .
If you really wanted the game, you wouldn't care what it came with, as long as you could play it and everything needed for it to function came with it.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Read and disagreed :cool: .
If you really wanted the game, you wouldn't care what it came with, as long as you could play it and everything needed for it to function came with it.[/QUOTE]

I suppose you're right, but if I'm going to spend the money and time to track one down, it might as well be complete. It also might as well fit the requirements to be able to stay in my collection for future gaming once I'm finished with it the first time around.

Either way, you're right I suppose. ;) The point was just that whether he was or wasn't assuming that I wanted it just so I could throw it on ebay, I wanted to make it clear that that wasn't what I was trying to do.

lol, ok yall wont beleive this.....but my ebay purchase, just got CANCELLED, the dude actually emailed me today, with me assuming it would be confirmation he shipped my order, saying his supplyer just informed him that the title was backordered....

WTF?! after me asking him several questions if the game was new he really sounded like he had it.

not to mention you should not sell an item on ebay thinking you might get it. lol, he said i could choose to wait "2-3 weeks" for him to get a shipment from his suppliers but when i explained to him how any retail website saying that for this game basically meant they were never getting any in, he politely refunded my money, promising to tell me if and when he actualy had any.

anyhow, i was back to square one. I had gone from having it ordered at that crappy site targetstar, only to notice it was likely out of stock, and having to leave numerous emails and messages to cancel it, taking up until i ordered it off ebay for it to actually get cancelled.

i was gonna buy it from my friend for 45 plus shipping and that fell through

i actually bought it on ebay for 39.99 and then THAT just fell through.

------oh and here's the magical part of this whole insane story

i was very depressed and pissed. So on a whim i decided to see if there were any gamecrazys in the area, there is oddly enough only one in the greater los angeles area. so i call them up and they had 1-new-copy-in-stock.

see, i still could never get passed the stigma that gamecrazy was linked to hollywood and thusly only sold mosely used rental games, i guess i just had to get passed it though because they had a new copy and they were holding it for me! they were closing in less than an hour and they were off crenshaw, something told me that was a trip i'd prefer to make tommorow afternoon but i got way too squirmy....so i sped over their at 80Mph+ and grabbed it so it would be safe with me.

in summary Target star: 34.99 *cancelled
friend 45 *ditched
Ebay guy 39.99 *lol, never had it
Gamecrazy 29.99, bought and earned every last bit of it's factory sealed mintyness.

lol ending up wit hthe cheapest possible price and brand new after all leads me to beleive in a higher force of Cagnyess, i think i'll call it "Carma" (Cheap ass Karma).

lol, i hope i dont have to deal with this again when i buy the rest of my DS games once the DS lite gets released stateside. (only trauma center seems suspect, but i think it should still be around....at the very least on gamequest, or gameexpress)

I'm also trying to get this game, but I have to get it locally since I lack usage of credit, debit, or checks at the moment.

Somebody here reserved the last copy at my Game Crazy, so they were almost my savior just like you. However, the thing that worries me is every Game Rush in the area seems to be looking up if they have the game on their computer. Wouldn't it fail to show up there? Would it be worth it to visit those stores?

Since I've been on the search for this game for awhile, I found some news that has me excited. I was looking on NCSX and found this about the future availability of Phoenix Wright: "Please Read: Phoenix Wright is sold out. GONE. Please do not add this item to your shopping cart. There is a new production of the game scheduled for late March 2006 but unless you are willing to wait that long for the game, please do not add this game to your shopping cart. Thanks for reading."

http://www.ncsxshop.com/cgi-bin/shop/NTR-P-AGYE.html

This is the first thing I've seen about more copies becoming available. Has anyone else heard anything about this? This is pretty exciting if true, and I trust NCSX, so I'll wait instead of putting a bunch of work into finding it now.

[quote name='sterlingice']At my local EBGames, they said it was discontinued in their computer.

SI[/QUOTE]

well duh.

[quote name='Elektrik54']Since I've been on the search for this game for awhile, I found some news that has me excited. I was looking on NCSX and found this about the future availability of Phoenix Wright: "Please Read: Phoenix Wright is sold out. GONE. Please do not add this item to your shopping cart. There is a new production of the game scheduled for late March 2006 but unless you are willing to wait that long for the game, please do not add this game to your shopping cart. Thanks for reading."

http://www.ncsxshop.com/cgi-bin/shop/NTR-P-AGYE.html

This is the first thing I've seen about more copies becoming available. Has anyone else heard anything about this? This is pretty exciting if true, and I trust NCSX, so I'll wait instead of putting a bunch of work into finding it now.[/QUOTE]

I think that NCSX is actually a trustworthy source... they're a store that actually knows what it's talking about so maybe Capcom's giving the series a second chance in the US.

I'm going to see if I can't get one of Capcom's PR people to answer this question because if they reprint the game I'm not going to even bother looking for it until then.

bread's done
Back