Piano Black PSP Go for 58.01 (Sam's Club)

PotKettleBlack

CAGiversary!
I've been working at Sam's for about 3 years now and i noticed something. I think it's do to the area that the sam's club is in or it's just the plain fact that since sam's is a wholesale store, videogames arent a major interest to the customers. so this is what happens. the videogames sit in that cage at the front of the store for months, maybe a year or 2 and then they get marked down like crazy. I randomly went to our computer typed in psp to see how much it was and and i couldnt believe it until i actually purchased it. it was the last one. i'm not saying that all psp gos at every sams club is 58.01 but if you live near one. get them to look them up and see if they have them in stock. it's only for the piano black one. the silver rock band bundle ones are marked down as well to either 158 or 168 online. thats a kindve good deal as well. it doesnt have be just pspgos either. if you notice videogames arent selling at your local sams or you either see something in those cages that's been sitting there for awhile get an employee to check the price

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/Dark_Cloud06/cheap.jpg

Has anyone found these? I would be so grateful if someone could pick me up one at that price. I'd pay you for the effort. Can't find any in NE Ohio

When I asked why the white one was priced $50 more than the black one, I was told that perhaps it was because the white one still has the codes to download three games. For those who have picked up the black one, were there really no codes given?

[quote name='poet17eric']When I asked why the white one was priced $50 more than the black one, I was told that perhaps it was because the white one still has the codes to download three games. For those who have picked up the black one, were there really no codes given?[/QUOTE]
There was never a code. It was simply just sign in to your PSN account on the Go and Sony would email you a code, which usually would take at least a week. IIRC that expired last month.

[quote name='dabamus']The boardman. ohio sams is REALLY fucked up... they have the white one for $244! $45 above MSRP.[/QUOTE]

Good old Boardman, OH. Sounds about right!

[quote name='Apathetic-Irony']There was never a code. It was simply just sign in to your PSN account on the Go and Sony would email you a code, which usually would take at least a week. IIRC that expired last month.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I heard they extended it to September

[quote name='pandabox']91 dollars an hour away from me...think i should go?[/QUOTE]

For me a two hour round trip drive is about 6 gallons of gas. Don't forget to add the gas price and the effort.

[quote name='Apathetic-Irony']There was never a code. It was simply just sign in to your PSN account on the Go and Sony would email you a code, which usually would take at least a week. IIRC that expired last month.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I wonder what the reasoning is behind putting the black go on clearance first. Less demand?

I just picked one up at Sears for ~$86 after PMing the $92 price at a near by sams. To PM Sams you need to show a membership cards to Sears though, so I had to go get a card, and then I'll go back in about a month and cancel it and get a refund.

[quote name='dabamus']I just picked one up at Sears for ~$86 after PMing the $92 price at a near by sams. To PM Sams you need to show a membership cards to Sears though, so I had to go get a card, and then I'll go back in about a month and cancel it and get a refund.[/QUOTE]

Nice! I may try and do that! Thanks!

Just be prepared to show a Sams Club membership card. It helped that I had a print out of the second closest Sams that showed the $92 price on it.

[quote name='dabamus']I just picked one up at Sears for ~$86 after PMing the $92 price at a near by sams. To PM Sams you need to show a membership cards to Sears though, so I had to go get a card, and then I'll go back in about a month and cancel it and get a refund.[/QUOTE]

Where was the Sams's you found one for $92?

[quote name='anarchyburger']I live near LA, google maps says it's like a 2 and a half hour drive..

I wish there was a way to order it from the store online and have local only shipping or something.[/QUOTE]

Yea Bakersfield is a "no go". :cry: Just got off the phone with them and they have no more in stock and don't plan on stocking as well. Oh well...

[quote name='lRolLlLilN']Yea Bakersfield is a "no go". :cry: Just got off the phone with them and they have no more in stock and don't plan on stocking as well. Oh well...[/QUOTE]
oh well, I gave up some time ago. i wish i were one of the lucky ones that were able to score it for $60

I had some decent luck here in Cincy.

Northbend Road location had it for $91 (I passed). I then checked the Kemper Commons Circle location and they had one for $81. The box was opened and had been written on, but I took it anyway.

Later, I realized that it was likely an Xmas gift return. It had signs of use and some game saves were left on the system that were all dated 12-26 #-o. So, I returned and purchased the sealed $91 unit from the Northbend store. I'll probably be returning the $81 (used) one I purchased this weekend.

[quote name='Naruto Uzumaki']Meh, I didn't get the Black Go but had a nice conversation with the store manager.

White Go's will be clearanced soon too but home office has to pull the trigger - exact dates aren't possible, the manager will keep me personally informed drops and he can view all stores pricing and stock so I'll try to keep you guys informed as I do work there providing samples.[/QUOTE]

Hell yes. PM me as soon as you get word, I'll go snag a bunch of White PSPgo's. Any CAG's in SoCal can buy them from me for whatever price I get them at.

picked up the one for 91 dollars yesterday. the weird thing is that, no sams on the website had the black ones discounted, but a sams about 1 hour away had the white ones discounted. so for 91 dollars i got a psp go and vouchers for socom, lbp, and ratchet and clank.

98 bucks out the door, happy with this score! thanks op

Please, if a CAG would do me a solid and get me one for 60$ price Id be happy to give you 15-20 bucks for your trouble, some feedback on here when I get it, and another 10 for a medium flat rate box from the post office to ship it to me. Id send you the money via paypal.

Ive checked 3 sams within 40 minutes of me and struck out at each one and Id really like to have one of these. So if you can get one send me a PM on here and we will work something out.

Thank you.

[quote name='darkjedi187']looks like it's not in the cards for me to find one cheap. Also looks like pspgo's will still be in production in the US.[/QUOTE]

I will bet its still cancelled but Sony America just isn't ready to admit it yet. What will happen is they will say they are still supporting it but slowly and quietly phase out production and sales until people forget about it. That way they can save face and not admit to their shareholders that it was a dismal failure. They are focused on NGP now and that is what they will talk about from now on.

Found a store that was 91 last week and now 81. Going to keep monitoring it although it is quite far from me :cry:

I wish i could find this or at least try but the only smas club is miles away, like 2 hours 0_o , weird

don't suppose if anyone found one, they would take $80 amazon credit, that should be enough to cover shipping and a little extra

just throwing it out there B^)

[quote name='freshzen']I just checked all the Denver area store and the lowest price I found was $108 in SE Aurora.[/QUOTE]

I just went down there and picked up one for $108. They didn't have any white left, just sold it before I got there so I picked up the last black. They weren't sure if they are getting more. Not an amazing price but good enough for me to pull the trigger.

Although PSN being down kind of makes the GO worthless.

[quote name='Ryandb2']Although PSN being down kind of makes the GO worthless.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha now that's kinda funny!

[quote name='darkjedi187']can anyone share the wealth and help me find one? Thanks[/QUOTE]

The price is YMMV.

Off topic, but Gamestop is no longer taking Nintendo DS lite for trade in. Once they sell instock in store, its gone. Not sure when other retailers will follow

[quote name='grungygamer']I had some decent luck here in Cincy.

Northbend Road location had it for $91 (I passed). I then checked the Kemper Commons Circle location and they had one for $81. The box was opened and had been written on, but I took it anyway.

Later, I realized that it was likely an Xmas gift return. It had signs of use and some game saves were left on the system that were all dated 12-26 #-o. So, I returned and purchased the sealed $91 unit from the Northbend store. I'll probably be returning the $81 (used) one I purchased this weekend.[/QUOTE]

Kemper Commons is that the one in Tri County?

[quote name='GBAstar']How are you guys checking inventory/prices? Calling?[/QUOTE]

go to samsclub.com
search pspgo
enter your zipcode to see current instore prices

bread's done
Back