pick up Ultimate MVC 3 or wait for Super MVC 3?

CaoPi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
144 (100%)
After having capcom pull the 6 months announcement decisions, decisions. Maybe they'll announce a Ult MVC 3 AE with a few more characters soon

[quote name='jantzn']Super Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 Arcade Edition Hyper Ultra-HD Remix World Warrior[/QUOTE]

I'm debating on picking up my copy too, I want to say yes but still unsure.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Support Capcom, buy their shity fighters.[/QUOTE]

I hope that was a joke, the netcode for 2d fighters is much better than that of 3d ones generally. Now if SSF 4 had the same netcode as blazblue vanilla...

I'm gonna buy it, but I'll be waiting for the $20 mark personally. I really enjoyed Marvel vs. Capcom 3 so I'll obviously like this one. Each game has its' own set of achievements so that's a nice bonus for playing them all individually.

Hmm, I am not sure but I believe there is a licensing issue with marvel. since activision owns the name licensing rights, crapcom only had it for a limited time and i am not sure they will be able to release a turbo ultra one.
correct me if I am wrong but yeah I think thats what happened...

Anyways, I am getting it later this year/early next year because I used gamefly to rent mvc3 and it was fun.

[quote name='WakYasuk']Hmm, I am not sure but I believe there is a licensing issue with marvel. since activision owns the name licensing rights, crapcom only had it for a limited time and i am not sure they will be able to release a turbo ultra one.
correct me if I am wrong but yeah I think thats what happened...

Anyways, I am getting it later this year/early next year because I used gamefly to rent mvc3 and it was fun.[/QUOTE]

Activision dont have exclusive license. That why you see Capcom, THQ making Marvel games

lol why do you guys care if it gets re-released?

If you had fun with the original, you got your value out of it, if you want more, buy the re-release.

If you didn't have fun with the original, or get your value out of it, why would you give a fuck about the re-release anyway?

[quote name='jer7583']lol why do you guys care if it gets re-released?

If you had fun with the original, you got your value out of it, if you want more, buy the re-release.

If you didn't have fun with the original, or get your value out of it, why would you give a fuck about the re-release anyway?[/QUOTE]

Thank you for being a voice of reason.

[quote name='62t']Activision dont have exclusive license. That why you see Capcom, THQ making Marvel games[/QUOTE]

I see, my mistake :roll:

I think marvel licenses out their characters for certain genres. Capcom couldn't make an action/adventure game, because activision would have that license. Activision can't make games based on the movies because SEGA has that. Sega can't make marvel vs virtua fighter because capcom's paying for the rights for fighting games, etc.

I think that's how it works.

Marvel licenses their property by character. Activision held the license for Spider-Man, but allowed Capcom to use him. It's not by genre. Activision is making the new Amazing Spider-Man movie-tie-in game.

I think they were planning to go the DLC route anyways but then the earthquake happened and then the PSN issue so then they opted for this instead.

Anyways, buy it. It's fun and even if another version comes out later down the line, you'll be used to the game anyways so you can still do fine against other people.

[quote name='CaoPi']I hope that was a joke, the netcode for 2d fighters is much better than that of 3d ones generally. Now if SSF 4 had the same netcode as blazblue vanilla...[/QUOTE]

I know about the netcode problems. The real problem is Capcom's modern fighters are mediocre or tarsh.

Does any one know or expect this game to go on sale for or after Black Friday during the holiday season? I know Tekken 6 went on sale in less than a month around Black Friday when it came out in October of 2009.

You can flat out tell this game WAS NOT PLANNED. So much of the nonkey stuff appears. Many of the endings for instance are exactly the same. A few of them have alternate art and atleast 1 is different. All of the titles were the same from what I earned, but they added another tier for titles. A lot of these things imply that Capcom wasn't planning this from the start.

Now I won't say there isn't going to be another game, but I will say that it shouldn't matter if they do or don't. Each of these games have their own content, things to do, value and if you're into it trophies.

Personally I would pick it up if you enjoyed 3 as I dont expect another.

I love the changes they've made to even out the cast and remove some of the stuff like DHC glitch and reduced meter gain on some of the top tier teams.

I think Frank West is one of the most fun characters in a marvel game and Nova is awesome too. Really want to dig into this one, i've already spent 8 hours offline just doing missions, so i'm getting my money's worth.

Personally I'm torn. I'm going to hold off as long as I can to get this version. I'm still pissed off I picked up the CE of MVC3 and they pulled this crap on us. The tweaking and patching and adding of all the stuff that should have been in the original game is a plus for those that didn't pick up the original.

I'm sure I'll get it at some point probably when I trade-in some games that I'll go through this holiday season but it will have to be around $20 before I buy it outright.

[quote name='admiralvic']You can flat out tell this game WAS NOT PLANNED. So much of the nonkey stuff appears. Many of the endings for instance are exactly the same. A few of them have alternate art and atleast 1 is different. All of the titles were the same from what I earned, but they added another tier for titles. A lot of these things imply that Capcom wasn't planning this from the start.

Now I won't say there isn't going to be another game, but I will say that it shouldn't matter if they do or don't. Each of these games have their own content, things to do, value and if you're into it trophies.

Personally I would pick it up if you enjoyed 3 as I dont expect another.[/QUOTE]

dude, its a fighter, have you not seen the SF 2 series endings?

people complaining about endings in a fighting game missed the point.

this is an amazing update and more fighters should iterate based on fan suggestions. I've completely dropped off Saints Row 3, Skyrim, and Gears 3 multiplayer to play this every night.

It's definitely not for the "I played arcade mode for two hours and got bored" crowd.

bread's done
Back