Picture of contents for the DS Wi-Fi Connector

blackcracker

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey gang!

Just got my Wi-Fi DS Dongle in the mail today. I figure you guys/gals would like to see what comes in the box. I was suprised to see an extension cable...very sweet addition for sure.

dswifi9si.jpg

I gotta know:

Will this ONLY work with DS, or can you also use it with PSP?

I'm dying to play Mario Kart online, but I'd rather buy ONE wireless adapter so I can use my PSP online too......

Anyone?

Does it take you a long time to connect and to find opponents using this wifi dongle? I have mine set up in my apartment and it takes forever to connect and to find opponents online. In my gf's apartment, she hooked up that 13 dollar belkin access point, and the DS almost instantly connects online---almost no wait at all.

[quote name='Darwin23']Does it take you a long time to connect and to find opponents using this wifi dongle? I have mine set up in my apartment and it takes forever to connect and to find opponents online. In my gf's apartment, she hooked up that 13 dollar belkin access point, and the DS almost instantly connects online---almost no wait at all.[/QUOTE]

A lot of people experience the wait to find players, it made it into many reviews, but I don't know what specifically the problem is.

Why would anyone buy this when a router is so much cheaper and useful? I'm not trying to be rude, I just honestly can't figure it out.

This is much more convenient Kev, although you're right, a wireless router isn't much more and offers more functionality. Still, I'll probably take this over a router since I don't have any other devices that would take advantage of Wi-fi other than my PC and DS.

I'm lucky because some douche in my apt. building has their wi-fi unencrypted, so I just leech off of their's...its really convenient.

[quote name='kev']Why would anyone buy this when a router is so much cheaper and useful? I'm not trying to be rude, I just honestly can't figure it out.[/QUOTE]

I go to a lot of Coffee shops, free wifi...etc that don't have compatible routers. I just plug this thing into my laptop and I am good to go. Selling point right there for me.

Plus if you visit someone elses house you can just bring it instead of intsall a router in their PC also...

ALso what mode are you guys going in when it takes forecer to find a competitor? Friends mode/ regional mode or world wide?
World Wide is the quickest mode to find others to play in

[quote name='clockworkgreen']Nintendo only. You're going to need a wireless router compatible with both DS and PSP.[/QUOTE]

That's what I figured....

For those also looking for a wireless router, here's the official compaitibilty chart via Nintendo's website:

http://www.nintendowifi.com/customersupport/supportedRouters.do

And this might only be of use to me and CheapyD, but here's a list of compatible Japanese wireless routers :

http://wifi.nintendo.co.jp/information/router/index.html

Cheers!

bread's done
Back