Pikmin 1 for $10 a good deal?

Samus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
It's disc only, unfortunately. At my Hollywood video. Do you think it's worth it at $10? I really only have intentions to try it for a bit, but I'm more interested in it's resell-ability being I just got Pikmin 2 for my Pikmin fix.

I paid $8.99 after MVP for my complete copy there a few days ago - EB sells it for $17.99. I'd much rather give GC my money anyways, and it's an excellent game to boot.

Pick it up - you won't be disappointed. :)

I would get this game again. I originally bought Pikmin 1 (without a manual) at a Blockbuster B1G1 1/2 off and bought 2 games at that time. Pikmin 1 is harder and I enjoyed the gameplay more than Pikmin 2. If you need a cover, go to the cover project or get a manual from Nintendo.

It's disc only, unfortunately. At my Hollywood video. Do you think it's worth it at $10? I really only have intentions to try it for a bit, but I'm more interested in it's resell-ability being I just got Pikmin 2 for my Pikmin fix.

I paid $8.99 after MVP for my complete copy there a few days ago - EB sells it for $17.99. I'd much rather give GC my money anyways, and it's an excellent game to boot.

Pick it up - you won't be disappointed. :)

I would get this game again. I originally bought Pikmin 1 (without a manual) at a Blockbuster B1G1 1/2 off and bought 2 games at that time. Pikmin 1 is harder and I enjoyed the gameplay more than Pikmin 2. If you need a cover, go to the cover project or get a manual from Nintendo.

[quote name='JJSP']EB sells it for $17.99.[/quote]

I thought you were joking at first until I looked it up. WTF? It's almost double the price I paid for it back in October '07($9.99 used).

Is it becoming rare to find or something?

[quote name='paddlefoot']Is Pikmin 2 that much better? Because I know it is worth a lot more.

I have 2 still sealed, and now I don't want to open it.[/quote]

Sell 2 NOW. Sealed? That'll go for probably $100+, as a used copy goes $50+. Pikmin 2 is at an all time value high, and probably won't go up too much more before dropping.

That's crazy, I remember seeing like 5 copies at Sears a year ago for around $6 each, wish I would have bought them. Amazing how some games become valueable and others drop like a rock

[quote name='paddlefoot']Is Pikmin 2 that much better? Because I know it is worth a lot more.

I have 2 still sealed, and now I don't want to open it.[/QUOTE]

Not really, it's pretty much the same except for there's not time limit like there was in the first game. In the first game, you have 30 in game days (it's not real time like Animal Crossing, 1 day is about 30 minutes in Pikmin) to do everything... it's not that hard as I got 100% in 28 days. With Pikmin 2, there is no in game time limit. They're both damn fun.. it'd definitely recommend playing both thought that sealed copy is probably going to keep getting more valuable.

[quote name='Samus']Sell 2 NOW. Sealed? That'll go for probably $100+, as a used copy goes $50+. Pikmin 2 is at an all time value high, and probably won't go up too much more before dropping.[/QUOTE]

HOLY SHIT!!! Are you kidding me? (just checked, and you are indeed correct). I JUST opened and started playing my copy. fuck! Oh well, at least it's a great game.

[quote name='breakingcustoms']pikmin 1 goes for $9.99 at GS used...applyt the 10% off coupon and edge card...thats what i did a few weeks back[/QUOTE]
They jacked it up to $17.99 as of last week. :roll:

[quote name='Zmonkay']HOLY SHIT!!! Are you kidding me? (just checked, and you are indeed correct). I JUST opened and started playing my copy. fuck! Oh well, at least it's a great game.[/quote]

lol. That sucks. But, a brand spanking new copy of a great game is your consolation prize.

Get it!
I just put my second copy on craigslist and got about 10 emails.
Most people are offering $15-30 and I just got it for $10 at the pawn shop.
Its just too early to call them on a sunday morning.

[quote name='tangytangerine']Now it's jumped to double what it was around this time last year($10 used), it's $19.99 now at GS.[/QUOTE]

Yeah -- I snagged one Sat morning that had stickers for $12.99 and $17.99. When the tried to ring it up for $19.99, I gave em my puppy dog face, and got it for the lowest marked price ;-)

[quote name='Persona7']I saw get it just because its an awesome game. Word.[/QUOTE]

Either version of Pikmin is well worth your money. The thing is, 7th gen games (Wii, PS3, X360) are really not that diff from 6th gen games.

[quote name='donssword']Yeah -- I snagged one Sat morning that had stickers for $12.99 and $17.99. When the tried to ring it up for $19.99, I gave em my puppy dog face, and got it for the lowest marked price ;-)[/quote]Depending on the laws in your state, they may have to give you the marked price, puppy dog face or no ;)

bread's done
Back