Pikmin 2 is disappointing

Jarrett

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
:( Anyone else feel the same. After loving the first one, I thought the second would be even better with the improvements but it is just boring to me. I have tried to sit down and play it 3 or 4 times and only can play for a little while before getting bored. I already have 60% of the loaned paid and I don't feel like I have done anything. After you pay back the 10,000 do they add more to the balance or something? I can only hope somehow it gets better. If it doesn't I will just finish it and trade it in. I thought I would be keeping it for sure like some of my other games that I know I will never get sick of (including the original Pikmin). :cry:

I have had the oddest luck, after getting TOS and not expecting much and it becoming one of my favorite games this gen and getting Pikmin 2 which I have been waiting for over a year and being a little let down. Oh well. Maybe I should buy Paper Mario (when it comes out) and see if I like that. I hated the first one, but hey you never know. :lol:

Trust me, once you get the loan paid off, there is quite a bit more. The difficulty will rise a bunch after you complete the goal of paying the debt off. I worried about the debt being easy at first too but once I beat the debt and get to the second objective, I was drawn into the game more. The bosses later will be crazy too, especially the final boss. I beat the final boss last week and I must say the game was awesome start to finish.

Maybe I'm a slowpoke, but the thing that killed the original Pikmin for me was the way the game was timed.

After 10 tries,on a certain level in the game, I realized timed games aren't for me and sold it.

I heard Pikmin 2 has the day to night timer and lost all interest. I like to take my time in a RTS.

[quote name='rallen']Maybe I'm a slowpoke, but the thing that killed the original Pikmin for me was the way the game was timed.

After 10 tries,on a certain level in the game, I realized timed games aren't for me and sold it.

I heard Pikmin 2 has the day to night timer and lost all interest. I like to take my time in a RTS.[/quote]

It has the day to night timer but the timer isn't used once you enter a cave. When in a cave you have unlimited time, but of course only have the pikmin you entered with or made from plants in the cave. You can take however long you want with Pikmin 2 since there's no set days limit to do anything.

[quote name='gomer1andonly']Trust me, once you get the loan paid off, there is quite a bit more. The difficulty will rise a bunch after you complete the goal of paying the debt off. I worried about the debt being easy at first too but once I beat the debt and get to the second objective, I was drawn into the game more. The bosses later will be crazy too, especially the final boss. I beat the final boss last week and I must say the game was awesome start to finish.[/quote]Cool, there IS a second thing to do? That is good to know. I haven't even read any reviews for it cause I knew was going to buy it whenever it came out. So I have no idea what is going to happen. All I have seen it just what people on IGN boards say.

[quote name='Jarrett'][quote name='gomer1andonly']Trust me, once you get the loan paid off, there is quite a bit more. The difficulty will rise a bunch after you complete the goal of paying the debt off. I worried about the debt being easy at first too but once I beat the debt and get to the second objective, I was drawn into the game more. The bosses later will be crazy too, especially the final boss. I beat the final boss last week and I must say the game was awesome start to finish.[/quote]Cool, there IS a second thing to do? That is good to know. I haven't even read any reviews for it cause I knew was going to buy it whenever it came out. So I have no idea what is going to happen. All I have seen it just what people on IGN boards say.[/quote]

Yeah, the second task is quite unexpected and I still dunno how exactly how it could have happened (I'll leave the surpise for you to find out).

[quote name='Jarrett']Also Louie annoys me. Any way to feed him to a monster or throw him off the side of the ledges in the caves? :lol:[/quote]

Well, you may get your wish sort of.

I think I may have realized what is different between the two games for me. I am collecting all this money/items but not getting anything in return. Like in the first one you would see the ship changing and becoming more stable. All I see now is a total at the end of each day and some moronic mail from my idiot boss.

Yeah, it doesn't feel like much at first since the caves are simple and you feel like you're going through them just to get that debt done. I think I just had fun more with this one cause I loved discovering what items would be dug up and what crazy name they'd be given. Little things like that I like about this one more just because in the other game it was a set amount of parts from the start. In this game, I never knew what I'd find. Both games kick ass though.

As with all Nintendo games (first party) Pikmin 2 is solid title. However, I tend to agree with Jarrett. I really love those little multi-colored sprouts too, but the game feels more like an expansion rather than a true sequel. With few additional elements of gameplay or enemy design, a feeling of déjà vu sets in from the outset. While a lot of criticism was directed towards the original games 30 day time limit, I sort of miss the challenge of reassembling your spacecraft as time bore down on you and Olimar.

I have yet to engage in the multi-player aspects of the game, but based on the reviews I have read thus far, this may be the sequels strongest point.

i loved the first pikmin,but when i tried to play pikmin 2,it was just too boring i know i could never make it to the 2nd part because i am very impatient with things like having to pay that debt with that retard louie.

Honestly people, I think the game is great, I've completed all but 4 caves, so I seem to be much farther than the complainers. If you think its easy, it gets much harder after you repay the debt and get to the more challenging caves. Right now the Water Wraith is kicking my ass.

My biggest question for all the haters is what is so bad about Louie? When you're playing the game, the only difference between him and Olimar are the colors of their light and the sound of their whistle. Him being not too bright is part of the story. If he's that bad, you won't have to worry about him once you pay the debt off anyway.

People tend to judge Nintendo games a bit more harshly than others simply because of their illustrious history.

Nintendo is its own worst enemy (in more ways than one). I'm sure you've read that before.

smellhasreturned what is your icon? It looks really familiar.

I got this game for my birthday, never played the original, should I get and play the first game prior to starting?

[quote name='dental_regurgitation']smellhasreturned what is your icon? It looks really familiar.

I got this game for my birthday, never played the original, should I get and play the first game prior to starting?[/quote]

It's a chinpokomon from the South Park episode where they make fun of Pokemon.

[quote name='smellhasreturned']i dont like pikmin

neither one

[/quote]

I agree. I'm not disappointed because after playing the first one I didn't think much of any sequels because they all are shit.

I rented the first one thinking it would be a great game, it was terrible, I played for 2 hours and went. Is there a point to this? I can't stand the games.

I love the first Pikmin and Pikmin 2!

I don't have any problems with Pikmin 2 . . . its good fun.

Disappointing if you were expecting huge changes I guess. But if you wanted more Pikmin but with some tweaking . . . this is good.

I paid the debt and the new area looks very challenging. The Challenge mode levels are good fun and worth playing.

[quote name='Jarrett']:( Anyone else feel the same. After loving the first one, I thought the second would be even better with the improvements but it is just boring to me. I have tried to sit down and play it 3 or 4 times and only can play for a little while before getting bored. I already have 60% of the loaned paid and I don't feel like I have done anything. After you pay back the 10,000 do they add more to the balance or something? I can only hope somehow it gets better. If it doesn't I will just finish it and trade it in. I thought I would be keeping it for sure like some of my other games that I know I will never get sick of (including the original Pikmin). :cry:

I have had the oddest luck, after getting TOS and not expecting much and it becoming one of my favorite games this gen and getting Pikmin 2 which I have been waiting for over a year and being a little let down. Oh well. Maybe I should buy Paper Mario (when it comes out) and see if I like that. I hated the first one, but hey you never know. :lol:[/quote]

I have to disagree. I loved the original Pikmin and I think this one is even better. Probably my second fav game on the system after SSBM at this point.

Pikmin has always been my favorite GameCube game. I like Pikmin 2, but not as much as the first one.
The problem I have is that I always thought 2 was going to be 2-player co-op.

You are the stupidest people in the world ever

Pikmin was awsome, and Pikmin 2 manages to stomp all over it in terms of quality.

It was known that co-op was dropped from the main quest even before the japanese release, and the japanese release was way back in march, so there's no excuse in not knowing that

bread's done
Back