Pilot Academy

guyjr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Visited videogamesnewyork today in nyc, and saw the Japanese version of this game sitting in the display case. Decided I needed to do some research first to determine if it was worth the $50. From what I've found on youtube / google, the game looks like it would be perfect for me, as I'm a flight sim fanatic on the PC.

As far as I can tell, there's the Japanese version and an "Asian" version available from play-asia, both region free. There's also a European version available from amazon.co.uk that cannot be shipped to the U.S.

I'm wondering if there's any word on a U.S. release of this game... I've read rumblings that it might eventually reach our shores, but no firm word right now. I'm also curious if either of the versions from play-asia have English language menus?

Is this like Pilot Wings or that PS2 equivalent? I really wish there were more games like that :(

I have zero interest in flight combat games (well, aside from space based ones), but that's almost all consoles get.

[quote name='62t']you can find the european version on ebay. the game is actually made by a european developer.[/quote]
Is the European version region coded? I found a store on eBay in the UK selling many new / sealed copies of the game, but apart from the fact that the auction shows the wrong game picture (they show Bliss Island for some reason), they also say the game is "Region 2". I'm thinking it's because they sell a LOT of merchandise on eBay (mainly DVDs) and listed it as Region 2 to indicate it's meant for the European market, instead of it actually being locked, but just wanted a confirmation before I went ahead and ordered. Oh, and it's $35 + about $4 shipping to the U.S.

Here's one of the auctions: http://cgi.ebay.com/PSP-PILOT-ACADEMY-NEW-SEALED-GAME_W0QQitemZ120100180283QQcategoryZ91514QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

PSP games are not region locked, so it will work. Not sure about your link but there are other auctions with correct pictures.

bread's done
Back