Pinball FX 2 - Free Paranormal table from 10/26 to 11/2!!!

Been looking at this game on the Xbox site is it really free and you pay for tables or are some tables free?
Just looking for some info before I get invested
Thanks
Yeah you can preview any table and play them for free as your main Pinball FX 2 game acts like a hub but each table for $3 or table pack is a certain price. There has been sales, there has been a few free, hence the posted title on here lol, and there have mainly been the ability to import a previously purchased Xbox 360 table for your Xbox One. Even if you picked up said tables in the original Pinball FX - not all tables though -, those carried over to Pinball FX 2 on the Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

If you were wondering where's the new Balls of Glory pack, they're rolling it out on all platforms - Xbox being Weds. https://blog.zenstudios.com/?p=6083

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a problem with the table pack.

Zen Studios is working on a fix.

http://forum.zenstud...e-new-SW-tables

All good now, was able to pick it up on my Xbox 360 and then later last night downloaded it on my One.

So first impressions are I'm way better at The First Order table but Rey's table (which is called The Force Awakens) is a bit challenging but I'm starting to get the hang of it now. There's a neat little mini playfield with New Order, it can be a little confusing at times, which plane the ball is on, but it's a neat little addition to the Pinball FX 2 library. The Force Awakens table has all the iconic scenes from the movie, pretty neat stuff and once you keep your magna saves going you can deal with the ball constantly being in the middle of the playfield (my only complaint with the table). Both tables have obviously been contracted out to the real life actors as the sounds are all authentic, voice work, movie sfx & even down to the little BB-8 mutterings on Force Awakens. A def buy if you're a big Star Wars fan, a considerable purchase if you're a fan of Pinball FX 2 as well. Finally able to play this, geez what a messy launch.

I lacidaisily decided to play some Pinball FX 2 on my Xbox 360, unhooked my WIi U, hooked up my 360 and played for a bit. I checked out the Spider-Man table to see my score, the sole purpose I decided to boot up the game, and decided I'd try for that third achievement on the table. Low and behold... I finally unlocked Clever Fighter on the Marvel's Spider-Man table!

1060094.jpg

Holy crap!!!, so excited about finally unlocking that, which seemed like I've been attempting that for off and on about a year's time. I tweeted my surprise of obtaining the achievement finally and Zen Studios retweeted it (didn't even use any hashtags so I was surprised they saw my tweet). Lol cool dev.

https://twitter.com/mikekolb9/status/689900769970110467

Wow, a 3 table Aliens, Aliens vs Pinball Pack, is heading our way Apr. 26th. Hope there's a chaotic-chest-busting multiball part. :p

https://blog.zenstudios.com/?p=6223

My quick take; The first Aliens vs Pinball table is Aliens. It's hella fun and love the movie sfx and one liners.

The second table in the pack is AVP and well I'll admit I skipped that movie because it was horrible. Table                                 wise, is a lot of fun though, expect higher score here.

The third table is based off the Alien Isolation game, one I still have in my backlog but I can tell you it's a                                 lot harder to score points on this one.

OK, sooooo Zen has Pinball FX 2 on Oculus Rift as Pinball FX 2 VR, sooo want!

https://blog.zenstudios.com/?p=6183

So Zen is planning on some Star Wars service come May 4th.

Happy Star Wars™ Day from Zen Studios!

Bust out those lightsabers, it’s almost Star Wars Day! And it wouldn’t be Star Wars Day without some great offers. Complete your Star Wars™ Pinball collection with the following discounts:

PSN SCEE, PSN SCEA, Xbox One, Xbox 360 & Steam, May 3-9:

• Star Wars Pinball: 77% off
  • Star Wars Pinball: Balance of the Force pack 50% off
  • Star Wars Pinball: Heroes Within pack: 50% off
  • Star Wars Pinball: Rebels table: 50% off
  • Star Wars Pinball: The Force Awakens: 33% off
  • For Xbox One and PS4 only: Star Wars Pinball Season 1 Bundle on (All SWP tables) $20.99, and $17.99 for PS Plus subscribers
iOS, April 28- May 6:

• Star Wars Pinball app: Free
  • All Star Wars Pinball tables in Zen Pinball and Star Wars Pinball apps: 50% off
Google Play, April 28- May 6:

• Star Wars Pinball app: $0.10
  • All Star Wars Pinball tables in Zen Pinball and Star Wars Pinball apps: 50% off
Amazon App Store, April 28- May 6

• Star Wars Pinball app: 50% off, all tables in Star Wars Pinball: 50% off
Windows 10, May 4-8

• All Star Wars Pinball tables in Pinball FX2: 50% off
If you’re looking for more ways to celebrate (and more awesome deals) check out the official May the Fourth site.

See you on the leaderboards, and May the Fourth Be With You.

I played some pinball recently while on vacation and I got the urge to play more, I'll definitely be picking up some of these SW tables this week!  I was happy to get the Civil War table for $1.50 last week, too. 

Bought the SW tables and the Civil War table. I've always been a pretty strong in my support of Pinball Arcade over FX2, but FX2 definitely is better at putting out content at a more reasonable clip, at more reasonable prices.

Two more tables incoming.
https://blog.zenstudios.com/?p=6502

K, I played both, they're a steep price to pay, $6.99, and I guess it's due to the "their licensing fee and complexity of the newer tables". I had some space bucks on my account so I got it for about $5 after tax. The A-Force table is a lot of fun and I like it a lot. It deals with Black Widow and the repercussions of destroying the cosmic cube. There's an alternate Soviet reality and Black Widow fights with a bunch of notable characters.

The Champions table is focused on Ms. Marvel and thwarting Bombshell or whatever. There's a lot of cartoon sfx on this one and with the inclusion of Squirrel Girl there's a bit of a whackiness to the table. Flow wise I like the A-Force more.

Get ready for an unbelievable pinball experience with Bethesda Pinball, coming to Xbox, PSN, Steam, Mac and Windows 10 on December 6th, and mobile platforms December 8th! Bethesda Pinball presents three exciting pinball tables based on Fallout, DOOM, and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

Get ready for an unbelievable pinball experience with Bethesda Pinball, coming to Xbox, PSN, Steam, Mac and Windows 10 on December 6th, and mobile platforms December 8th! Bethesda Pinball presents three exciting pinball tables based on Fallout, DOOM, and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
AND DOOM!?

It's here!
https://youtu.be/0_k_Cr1_HLo

OK, so some early impressions:
It's 10.99, most likely pricey due to licensing and getting SFX/voice overs from Bethesda themselves
Three tables with quality music, just like you're playing Fallout, Doom or Elder Scrolls Skyrim.
RPG elements are abound, as all but the Doom table you get to create your RPG character and that's pretty cool.
On the Fallout table, your S.P.E.C.I.A.L. attributes determine bonuses on the table.
In Skyrim your class gives you added bonuses but it's more what you equip.
Skyrim gives you an inventory believe it or not. Here you can access weapons, armor, potions, etc. Seems a misc category shows you what materials you can have for crafting. Also you levrl up and like Skyrim boost either Health, Magic or .

FYI, there seems to be a problem importing the tables from Xbox 360 to X1 and Zen Studios are aware of it.

Update: Importing now working, downloading now.

Finally was able to control the outlanes on the Fallout table, be able to place my shots, know what's going on last night lol. Accordingly I was able to unlock The Wanderer achievement and a 156M high score! Now the only one I need of the three new tables is the Doom achievo.

Just a heads up Zen Studios is putting Star Wars Pinball, and all accompanying tables, on mobile on a ridiculous sale for Rogue One releasing today.

Anyone pick it up? I'm starting to understand the table as I've played it for a few hours today. A lot of play is centered in the middle of the table. Shooting all the targets in the middle activates Rogue and sets off the missions. Here there's a bunch of stuff that needs to get done and the game will continue to drop the ball out onto your flippers so work on your trap skills. Table also has magnetic magna saves ftw! Audio is good, not too overwhelming like some previous tables.
[attachment=25358:IMG_20170201_004800_681.jpg]

I almost exclusively worked the middle of the table and completed all missions last night. Stackable Magna saves were huge when I missed a death save. After I completed the missions and did the wizard mode (which is just ramps = jackpot), I finally lost the ball with my multiplier at x42! I then proceeded to completely choke and came up just short of a billion. Oh, and the cheevo didn't pop either. Grrr.

Nice! Yeah, I can see this table being up there with the Spider-Man table for huge high scores.
Alright, I'm getting better at the table and achieving higher scores but I'm nowhere near your score Doc lol.

I know how you feel on that achievement but popping?

I finally got the Unnecessary Rage achievement for the Castle Siege table, hit 50 Vikings, but being offline I didn't log it as after I hopped online to upload it, the game was like new player signed in returning you back to the main menu. I signed in and waited, no achievement popped and I checked out achievements and Unnecessary Rage was still locked.
Nnnnnoooooooo. Sob

So I'm down to 12th place with that almost a billion score on Rogue One now, not really surprising. I did manage 5th on Doom today though. Played on Nightmare and made it to the last mission, ugh, so close!

Since it appears to be just me and you Spy, have you played much of the Pinball Arcade stuff? I bought a season on 360 and would love to buy them all on X1 but so $$$

Since it appears to be just me and you Spy, have you played much of the Pinball Arcade stuff? I bought a season on 360 and would love to buy them all on X1 but so $$$
Nah, just the free table that comes with it. I have the Pinball Williams Collection on disc so I don't find it necessary to get the season for that one.

bread's done
Back