Pinball Hall of Fame William Collection 3DS Shipped $9.98 Gohastings via Amazon.com

[quote name='chimpmeister']Console and PSP versions are fantastic! 3DS version is garbage. Buyer beware.[/QUOTE]

really? you own a 3ds? :roll: Of course you don't. But thanks for trolling yet another nintendo thread.

---

The problem with the 3ds version is that it doesn't have the best game: medieval madness. But for $10, I'd pick this up since there's not another pinball game on the 3ds.

[quote name='confoosious']really? you own a 3ds? :roll: Of course you don't.

---

The problem with the 3ds version is that it doesn't have the best game: medieval madness.[/QUOTE]

Well, its kind of easy to understand. On the consoles, the resolution on this game is very high, and the tables look fantastic. On the PSP, the resolution is much lower, but still half decent (480x272). On the 3DS, resolution is 400x240 and the 3D effect just ruins otherwise classic tables. Even Nintendo Power couldn't muster more than a score of 70 for this, which is pretty sad!

However the 360 version is crisp and sharp with a great resolution, and the details are fantastic. Metacritic is 83.

There's no reason to defend every 3DS/Wii/WiiU game out there confoosius; when they're bad (which is pretty often), they're really bad.

P.S. - There is another pinball game on 3DS; Zen Pinball 3D. Its much worse than the console/Vita versions, of course (once again due to the low resolution of the 3DS, which muddles the details in these types of games), but better than this garbage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea I was so looking forward to this on the 3DS but the physics are just awful. I prefer Pokemon Pinball as a handheld pinball over this to be honest.

If only there was a way to get the 360 version for a reasonable price.

Once walmart stopped including it in their 3 for 30 deals, the price skyrocketed.

[quote name='NEP']If only there was a way to get the 360 version for a reasonable price.

Once walmart stopped including it in their 3 for 30 deals, the price skyrocketed.[/QUOTE]

I just bought the XBLA version since that could lead to more tables being created. The DLC is totally reasonable.

Used through Gamestop for ps3/xbox is your best bet at sub-$25 prices. Took me ages to grab them both. But if you want instant gratification just grab off psn/xbla.

Cheaper shipping if you buy direct from gohastings.com. Wonder if they will be doing a free shipping promo for BF though.

Already have it on xbox and wii, but playing in 3D should be worth $8.25.

The 3DS port isn't the best out there. The biggest issue is the brightness. The game is just very dimly lit for some reason and there is no way to make the game brighter. It's odd, that's for sure.

The amazon reviews have similar complaints; brightness, frame rate and missing tables from the console version. I'll stick with my 360 copy.

[quote name='confoosious']But for $10, I'd pick this up since there's not another pinball game on the 3ds.[/QUOTE]

Pinball pulse is on the eShop and it's an incredible table. It's a DSi game, but still great. Metroid Prime Pinball for the DS is also awesome. I agree that for ten bucks, this isn't terrible, but either of those or Zen Pinball is a better choice.

I have this for PS3 and 3ds. The 3ds version is awesome! the 3D makes the game feel more realistic to me and you can play the 3ds upside down for cool affect. The PS3 version is pretty sick, but the 3ds is perfect for a quick game or two anywhere...well for me in bed mostly.

Console copies of this game are SOOO hard to find. I've found 3 copies amongst maybe 20 GS stores in the last couple years.

[quote name='NEP']I was unaware it was available on XBL/PSN. Thanks for the tip![/QUOTE]

Np, its under the title "Pinball Arcade" A little pricier since they do it as dlc but at least you get to buy only what you want plus more popular tables are released periodically. Just did the two Elvira tables for example...

Also is published on iOS too.

bread's done
Back