Pinball Hall of Fame Williams Collection Wii - $13.98 at Target YMMV - $19.99 normal

xplocvo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
As posted by PleasantOne in the Target clearance thread:

Just a heads up.... While I was in Target today, I saw a shelf tag for Pinball Hall of Fame for Wii for *$13.99* Unfotunately the shelf was empty, so I can't say if this is correct, a mismark, a pricing mistake at a higher level, etc. I know this isn't clearance, but I hesitate to make a new thread since i can't really confirm this. I figured some of you might want to keep an eye out, though.
Confirmed this morning at my local Target (East Madison, WI). I started a new thread since this isn't a clearance deal, but rather a price mistake on some level. The shelf tag is marked $13.98, but the game rings up for $19.99. I asked the employee in electronics if I could get the price as marked on the shelf tag, and he did it without question. So YMMV on if it is mispriced on all shelf tags, only some, if people will override it for you, etc.

For anyone local to me, they had three more copies left. They were located in the aisle with the cheaper games, not in the glass cases.

[quote name='nadsofed']IS this for the PS2 or the Wii? If it is not for the Wii then this is not much of a deal.[/quote]

Wii

I wonder if since it's being found mostly in "bargin bin" areas if it's like the BB Frontlane games-- not really part of Target's normal inventory so you can't find it? Which would also explain why it's entirely hit or miss as to finding it.

I'm about to hit up one last Target before I give up this angle of finding the game (I'm sure I've wasted enough gas money to justify just getting it online).. geez, $13.98 would be nice. :)

It was $19.99 at my local Target. Another game I didn't really need, so I passed it up. If it were $13.98, I'd have to think about it though, heh.

And yeah, I found it near the "bargain bin" area of the store. Near the back of the video games section for me.

Checked my local Target and it was nowhere to be found. Great deal on a game that's hard to find to begin with.

This has got to be one of the most poorly distributed games in a long time. GS doesn't carry it new... My local Target doesn't have it, Amazon has it through third party and my goddamned deepdiscountdvd.com order has been in the mail for the past week.

[quote name='bobslidell']Has anyone picked this up (at either price) at any Los Angeles area Targets?[/QUOTE]

FINALLY found it this afternoon at the Target on Sepulveda in Van Nuys... they had 4 (Now 3 ;) ) around 3:30 this afternoon. It's at the very bottom of an endcap (facing into a store) at the front of the electronics area.

Unfortunately marked at $19.99 and not $13.98 but at this point I had to buy it since I've been all over town trying to find the stupid game!!! (watch I'm going to hate it even though I tend to like pinball games)

[quote name='Justin42'](watch I'm going to hate it even though I tend to like pinball games)[/QUOTE]
That is scientifically impossible -- the game is fan-freakin'-awesome, especially if you love real pinball machines. I'd gladly drop down another $30 for a sequel, or $50 for a sequel with licensed boards.

--R.J.

[quote name='rjung']That is scientifically impossible -- the game is fan-freakin'-awesome, especially if you love real pinball machines. I'd gladly drop down another $30 for a sequel, or $50 for a sequel with licensed boards.

--R.J.[/quote]

My sentiments exactly. This game is so true to pinball and done so well that I would gladly pay the triple A price of $49.99 (only for the Wii version though) to compensate Crave on springing for licensed games like Bally's Twilight Zone and Addam's Family among others in the next collection! You hear that big wigs at Crave? Help fund FarSight Studios next installment. This franchise has potential to become bigger than it currently is because FarSight Studios has definitely broken new ground in simulating pinball on the consoles with this installment. It really is that good if you're a pinball fan.

I found the game at my Target today for $13.98, but it rang up as $19.99. I didn't notice at the time as I got a copy for myself and for a cousin as one of his birthday gifts. Going to go back tomorrow to see if it was actually marked $13.98 to see if I can get the price error fixed. Of note, I have seen it in Best Buy for the full $30 pricing for a week now, so if all else fails it's an option for you guys.

I got this game for PSP and I must say it's great. One of the greatest options for playing on PSP is the ability to flip the screen to vertical, which allows you to see the playfield as it would be if you were actually playing the real thing. I can imagine this game is also great fun on the Wii and I may end up getting it for PS2, as well. Great game if you dig pinball games and especially if you have played several of these tables in their "real thing" versions.

Williams had so many great tables that I think there needs to be a Williams vol. 2 made. Some great ones for that would be Whitewater, The Getaway: High Speed 2, Black Knight 2000, Jack-bot, Earthshaker, Terminator 2, Junkyard, Disco Fever (dig those banana flippers), Riverboat Gambler, Monster Bash and so many other great ones.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']I got this game for PSP and I must say it's great. One of the greatest options for playing on PSP is the ability to flip the screen to vertical, which allows you to see the playfield as it would be if you were actually playing the real thing. I can imagine this game is also great fun on the Wii and I may end up getting it for PS2, as well. Great game if you dig pinball games and especially if you have played several of these tables in their "real thing" versions.

Williams had so many great tables that I think there needs to be a Williams vol. 2 made. Some great ones for that would be Whitewater, The Getaway: High Speed 2, Black Knight 2000, Jack-bot, Earthshaker, Terminator 2, Junkyard, Disco Fever (dig those banana flippers), Riverboat Gambler, Monster Bash and so many other great ones.[/quote]

Aaaaaaaahhhhhh....you're taking me back, brother!:applause:

I too paid full price for this last Friday at Best Buy....and haven't regreted it one bit! I haven't played Smash for a week because of this game. Being around when these tables were actually still money makers makes this game that much more sweeter! I too would wholeheartedly support a sequel.

Petition perhaps?:bouncy:

I'm so glad some people are actually finding it in stock at this price - I just wish I could ;) I may have to end up paying the $30. Sounds like it's worth it, though!

My wife went to Target yesterday and couldn't find it. She then asked a salesperson to look for her. It was reported that it took over 10 minutes to find the copies that they had on hand. I got it for $20.

I think it is the best I have played in a long time. I always bought pinball games. I have owned Pinball Dreams for the Amiga, Pinball of the Dead for the GBA, and Metroid Pinball for the DS. This is the best by far. It is also nice to play boards I grew up with. It is always SO satisfying popping Rudy in the face in the Funhouse table. I would have paid good money for that one table alone. It is great to play these games without losing money since some of these are really tough.

Like many posters before, I would shell out $50 for the next Crave game if it had liscenced boards. Twilight Zone will be in my basement someday. Someday...

I was very happy to find the game yesterday at a Target in Georgia I visited when I pulled off the interstate for lunch. $19.99 is a fine enough price for me. I haven't played it yet, as I'm traveling and don't feel like unpacking my Wii.

Pinball machines are really cool to own, but unless you can work on them yourself they are a pain. I have Pin-bot and the only guy in my town who worked on pins flipped out a few years ago and burned down his own shop and his house. So now I have nobody within an hour and a half drive who works on them and these older machines can be problematic. With this collection I can play Pin-bot without worrying about something going wrong. lol

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Pinball machines are really cool to own, but unless you can work on them yourself they are a pain. I have Pin-bot and the only guy in my town who worked on pins flipped out a few years ago and burned down his own shop and his house. So now I have nobody within an hour and a half drive who works on them and these older machines can be problematic. With this collection I can play Pin-bot without worrying about something going wrong. lol[/quote]

Excellent point.

So, as an actual factual Pin*Bot owner....how does the virtual version hold up for you? I mean, would you have to nitpick or is there anything obvious?

I'll have to see if I can track this game down.

On an aside, I was reading a review that was comparing it to its "...predecessor Pinball Hall of Fame: The Gottlieb Collection...". Looks like it was a UK-only title, though? And I think it listed a different developer.

Got the last one at the Mission Valley/San Diego, California location. Rang up at $19.99 but I politely told the clerk about the $13.98 shelf tag which was still up and he made the correction without any hesitation. I love Target.

[quote name='eugaet']I'll have to see if I can track this game down.

On an aside, I was reading a review that was comparing it to its "...predecessor Pinball Hall of Fame: The Gottlieb Collection...". Looks like it was a UK-only title, though? And I think it listed a different developer.[/QUOTE]

The Gottlieb Collection came out over here in the States about 3 or 4 years ago for the PS2, Gamecube, and PSP.

I checked my local Target but they did not have any in stock. The clerk found it in his system but they were sold out. I had to go to FYE to get the game.

I got it from my Target last night for $19.99. There was no shelf tag anywhere marked with the game name so I wasn't able to mention the $13.98 price.

Pin-Bot is a pretty faithful translation on this Williams Collection. As with any of them, you really can't get the feel of power in the flips. In the video game versions it always seem you can get full steam on a flip, which will probably always be the case. The out-lanes are just as brutal on the video game version, however. I actually glued a rubber pad onto the wood next to each out-lane to help give it a little action and help prevent so many outs. Pin-bot is one of the most brutal tables for losing balls down the out-lanes.

I've been playing this game like mad since I got it. Incredibly addicting, I hate to admit I don't really remember the games and these were all in the time periods that I WAS going to arcades and playing pinball so I don't know what's up with that.. but it's very, very fun. Definitely worth the $30 full price and probably worth a blind buy at $19.99 and the steal of the year for $13.98...

shuma gorath's pupil;4147630]You hear that big wigs at Crave? Help fund FarSight Studios next installment.[/QUOTE] To be technically correct said:
The Gottlieb Collection came out over here in the States about 3 or 4 years ago for the PS2, Gamecube, and PSP.
I heard it came out for the Wii in Europe last year, but was generally panned for low-res graphics and overly-sensitive motion controls/tilts. The Williams Collection is much better from all accounts of folks who've played both.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Pin-bot is one of the most brutal tables for losing balls down the out-lanes.[/quote]
I dunno, I'm pretty good at keeping a ball alive in Pin*Bot (my favorite out of the collection). I find Jive Time to have really brutal outlanes, but I blame that partly on the mechanical nature of the game's design (with its reliance on pop-up blockers).

--R.J.

just got back from south portland, maine target and scored a copy for $13.98 (shelf tag, rang up $20 but electronics clerk did an override)...3 copies were left after i bought one...thanks!

-mattyp

[quote name='gleditts']Anyone in Saint Louis find this at Target?[/quote]Wasn't at the Kirkwood location on S. Lindbergh, nor the Gravois Bluffs location in Fenton.

I tried to get out to Target today but wasn't able to. Hopefully, there'll be something there when I make the rounds tomorrow.

[quote name='rjung']To be technically correct, I believe Crave developed the game, and FarSight simply ported it to the Wii. Not that I'm complaining either way...--R.J.[/quote]

Nope, FarSight Studios is the developer of the Pinball Hall of Fame franshise, hence the studios part in their name. They're a development house. Crave Entertainment is the publisher/conduit that allows them to get their product out there. You can check their website at Farsightstudios.com to confirm. Their previous title, The Gottlieb Collection, was actually published by System 3 in Europe instead of Crave Entertainment like it was here in the States. Crave is the publisher who will put up the money to see that the game gets released by a certain time. That's why I said that I hope they would be willing to throw a little extra cash towards the next installment to allow for licensed boards like The Twilight Zone and Addams Family. I don't know how likely that is though, but one can always hope.

Yeah, no Target within an hour from me. So if anyone wants to sell one for around $18-$20 bucks or so, give me a PM and the money is yours.

Started playing this last night at 1030pm and by the time I FINALLY got the 100,000 points on Jive Time achievement, it was 140am!:hot:

I love this game, but that Jive Time table makes Pin*Bot seem generous. Geez. My Wiimote hit the couch pillows a few times last night, lemme tell ya.:lol:

Also, I can't find the PSP version anywhere (B&M)! Anyone have any luck in this department?

I was able to snag the last two at the Jordan Creek Target in WDSM, IA for 13.98. They rang up as 19.99 but the girl adjusted them to 13.98 no question asked.

bread's done
Back