Pinball HOF, where is the DLC????

On facebook, they said they won't do DLC because the game isn't set up for it, and they don't have anything else licensed.

They confirmed they're working on a new game in the series, and that they'll fix the leaderboards in the next game.

It finally or is finally getting a release in Europe.

I would speculate that the next game is a Bally collection, with at the very least, Theatre of Magic and Circus Voitare.

The facebook page is for the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info. I wonder when they will get around to fixing the leader boards.
Is the Facebook page your talking about for the studio or do they have one for the game? I couldn't find it.

DLC wasn't mentioned on the box so I figured they'd never do it.

Hopefully the Bally collection has Monster Bash and Creature, oh how I loved those machines.

Speaking of pinball, the pinball expo is next weekend in Chicago. Anyone going? Might be fun to get together and grab a drink around the block. Also have to find the nearest Gino's Pizza to get the greatest deep dish in the world!

Also in the rumor mill is a guy in Australia somehow or another bought the rights to make reproduction Capcom pins. He's done some Big Bang Bar already, but if he ever does Kingpin (think the crossing ramps in the middle of Fish Tails with a 50's gangster theme) I'll spare no expense to get one.

[quote name='2DMention']On facebook, they said they won't do DLC because the game isn't set up for it, and they don't have anything else licensed.

They confirmed they're working on a new game in the series, and that they'll fix the leaderboards in the next game.

It finally or is finally getting a release in Europe.

I would speculate that the next game is a Bally collection, with at the very least, Theatre of Magic and Circus Voitare.

The facebook page is for the game.[/QUOTE]

I just picked this hidden gem up 2 weeks ago for $15 and have fallen in love with it. The best pinball game ever. I am at 950/1000 GS right now, just have one more wizard goal to get on Pinbot. That table is so brutal. And at a $1 and change for each table... it feels like one of the best deals I have ever gotten on a game. I prolly would have picked it up even it it only had 1 table... Medieval Madness. I can play that one for hours.

FX is cool but nowhere near as realistic as this. FX feels like the ball weighs a couple pounds instead of a couple ounces, lol. Hopefully FX2 feels better.

Yea no mention of DLC on the box... so the game isn't set up for it :(

Glad to hear they are working on a new one. It better be the Bally Collection with TOM and CV hopefully some other great ones too... Cactus Canyon, Safe Cracker, The Party Zone, Who Dunnit, and Dr. Dude. Bally made some great machines.

If not Bally then Williams Collection Part 2 with a lot of the sequels to the tables in Part 1 like Bride of Pinbot, Jackbot, Earthshaker, Black Knight 2000, Road Show... And some ones they forgot to get the first time around like White Water and Junk Yard.

All I can do is hope that they somehow get the rights to do a couple licensed machines like TZ, TAF, and T2. Would kill for a virtual Terminator 2. Loved that one growing up. Or even The Shadow... Shouldn't be too much $ to get the rights to The Shadow (at least I think, lol). That movie bombed but the machine was amazing.

Guess we will wait and see. Thanks for the info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic game because of the pretty accurate physics (though still not perfect, certainly worlds better then other games) and, just or perhaps more importantly, because they aren't machines designed by clueless video game designers. I'm *soooo* happy to hear that there is another in the series coming. Sad there's no DLC for this one, but not really surprised at this point about that. I am a bit surprised that another in the series is coming because I got the impression that the game has never really sold that well - the price dropped rapidly to the basement.

[quote name='nasum']THEY'RE NOT CALLED TABLES GOD DAMNIT!
Pins or machines...[/QUOTE]

Whats so bad about calling them tables?

The game clearly calls them tables: Play Table, Table Goals, Unlock Table... and so on.

I don't know about the comment that it sold poorly. It sold well enough for them to port it to 360 and PS3 (it was originally on PS2, PSP, and Wii)

Pinball games always throughout video game history have dropped in price like rocks, but for some reason, they still make them generation after generation, so they must sell.

I could clearly call your shoes dinosaurs but that doesn't mean I'm right.

I've never heard a person that works (or worked) in the pinball industry refer to a pinball machine as anything other than a pin or a machine, or rarely a game (with a bit of a sneer because of Stern), but certainly never a table.

http://www.sternpinball.com/
the instructional video is titled how to unpack your machine, not your stupid fucking "table" which you may as well have purchased at Room and Board...

http://ipdb.org/
The internet pinball MACHINE database

I'll stop here, but if you need further re-education from the hand of Pinball FX and Williams HoF I'd be happy to assist.

[quote name='nasum']I could clearly call your shoes dinosaurs but that doesn't mean I'm right.

I've never heard a person that works (or worked) in the pinball industry refer to a pinball machine as anything other than a pin or a machine, or rarely a game (with a bit of a sneer because of Stern), but certainly never a table.

the instructional video is titled how to unpack your machine, not your stupid fucking "table" which you may as well have purchased at Room and Board...

I'll stop here, but if you need further re-education from the hand of Pinball FX and Williams HoF I'd be happy to assist.[/QUOTE]

I've got a ?. Why isn't there a pinball thread on this site? I tried to make one, but it was neglected.

Stern's new logo (as seen on the new Avatar machine) looks like they copied the pinball hall of fame logo.

(I can't find an image of it on the web)

[quote name='nasum']I could clearly call your shoes dinosaurs but that doesn't mean I'm right.

I'll stop here, but if you need further re-education from the hand of Pinball FX and Williams HoF I'd be happy to assist.[/QUOTE]

Yea, real pins are called machines because they are actually machines. This is a video game. It's hard for me to think of a disc with a game on it as a machine, lol.

I don't think its incorrect to call them tables when talking about Pinball HoF or FX, or any other pinball GAME for that matter.

Real Pinball = Machines
Video Game Pinball = Tables

bread's done
Back