Pineapple Express....... ??

CheapAssRu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Just seen this last night on DVD... and ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!!! .. I ran out and bought it today for BluRay... this is probably my 2nd favorite movie EVER over Lost boys....My question is,

Is the BluRay worth it? I just got it, havent popped it in Ps3 yet..are the features good? I heard over 3 hours?!!??! also is the BDLive good for it?? how do you use that for PS3? Im sort of new to my playstation3...

Man I love this movie!!!!!

Are the special features of any movie really worth it?.....No.

If you like the movie, buy it and keep it. If you bought the BR just for special feature....well, you just wasted $25-$30.

[quote name='SGD316']why pick up this movie in blu ray anyway? its not like its an action movie.[/quote]

Because blu-ray looks and sounds better, and sometimes comes with extra features.

[quote name='SGD316']why pick up this movie in blu ray anyway? its not like its an action movie.[/QUOTE]

it does have some action and it is pretty good - why ask why buy blu ray when you should ask, why buy it at all when you can rent it?

[quote name='JaroldL']lol. i love anything in hi-def. so that's why i like to pick blu-rays over dvds.[/QUOTE]

I'm with this guy. I am a high-def whore.

I'm so ashamed!

Yeah I was gonna say... it sorta is an action movie.

and yeah, I buy everything I'm going to buy in Blu-Ray... why not? for 6 to 10 bucks more, I'd rather have it in hi-def.

[quote name='SGD316']why pick up this movie in blu ray anyway? its not like its an action movie.[/quote]

i hate this line of thinking... who the hell cares if its not an action movie..

check out the reviews on hidefdigest.com
it has reviews on pretty much all the blu-rays. tells you what blu-ray exclusives there are, how the hd transfers are, recommendations and etc
a good site if you are a HD fan.

All I want to know is, are there any actual pineapples in this film? If not, forget it! Maybe they smoke out of a pineapple? Anyways, time to drink a gallon of that sweet juice.

[quote name='guyver2077']i hate this line of thinking... who the hell cares if its not an action movie..[/QUOTE]

2nd'd

but also, it kind of is an action movie.

[quote name='CheapAssRu']Just seen this last night on DVD... and ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!!! .. I ran out and bought it today for BluRay... this is probably my 2nd favorite civil engineer....My question is,

[/quote]

fix'd. heh get it?

[quote name='CheapAssRu']Just seen this last night on DVD... and ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!!! .. I ran out and bought it today for BluRay... this is probably my 2nd favorite movie EVER over Lost boys....My question is,

Is the BluRay worth it? I just got it, havent popped it in Ps3 yet..are the features good? I heard over 3 hours?!!??! also is the BDLive good for it?? how do you use that for PS3? Im sort of new to my playstation3...

Man I love this movie!!!!![/quote]

I have to agree, this one one of my favorite movies of 2008. The picture quality is awesome, definitely up there with some of the best blu ray transfers. Visual quality would compare to something like The Dark Knight or wanted.

I cant say too much about the audio, since I only have a Sony HTC100 (Virtual surround soundbar), but it still sounded awesome.

The special features, while short, are awesome. There are a few featurettes, including one documenting how physical the movie was and how injured Seth and James got. There is also another called "Sauls Apartment" that is awesome. Its like a 25 minute episode of what goes in in his apartment on a regular day.

I have only paid full price for a blu ray movie 3 times (the two others being Iron Man and The Dark Knight), and I do not regret paying full price for this one.

This argument I will agree with you on, if it's versus a 5-10 dollar DVD versus a 30 dollar BD. Otherwise HD will always win out for me.

I have issues with paying full price also. I will chances are get this off of amazon or pick it up after I pick up the transporter BDs and get the 5 dollar GC. However 5 bucks off is still a lot. What is this usually a 29.99 BD or is it 22.99?

[quote name='freekufnaytur']There are a few featurettes, including one documenting how physical the movie was and how injured Seth and James got.[/quote]

I could tell Seth hurt himself when he falls out from the police car. A very small fall, but bruiseworthy.

I rented it from Redbox for free. (beat you, Poor2More :) )

"It's not an action movie, why not just listen to the MP3 version???"

[quote name='dg7md']This argument I will agree with you on, if it's versus a 5-10 dollar DVD versus a 30 dollar BD. Otherwise HD will always win out for me.[/quote]

Agreed, depends on the movie too...if it's an action flick or something with some great scenery, I'll upgrade to the BD.

If it's something along the lines of say, Rounders, which is coming out soon and I can pick up for $5 on DVD, I'll stick with that.

BTW- Pineapple Express looks great on BD, picked it up at Target for $26.99 - $5 off Blu Ray register coupon that printed out for me on one of my recent visits. One of my favorite movies of '08.

[quote name='Scorch']If you're going to own the movie, it only makes sense that you own the superior version, regardless of the genre.[/quote]

Agreed. Couple it with the Sony $3 Mfr Coupon and it's reasonably priced blu. The people hating on this movie are probably into shit like Vicky Christina Barcelona. GTFO Haters.

For those that got the Blu-Ray on the sticker on the front of the case it talks about being BD Live enabled and then about a PS3 downloadable picture for your console. I went in the BD Live stuff and I can't find it anywhere in there? Just some downloadable ringtones. Has anyone found where the exclusive PS3 graphic is?

i liked PE(saw it in theaters) but i think i liked Superbad more, and Zack/Miri is hilarious too. i might watch it again tho(P.E.).

[quote name='xbox_mole']For those that got the Blu-Ray on the sticker on the front of the case it talks about being BD Live enabled and then about a PS3 downloadable picture for your console. I went in the BD Live stuff and I can't find it anywhere in there? Just some downloadable ringtones. Has anyone found where the exclusive PS3 graphic is?[/quote]

Put it in then go to games on your xdash its right there... stupid i know but I finally found it..

bread's done
Back