Pioneer 5.1 Surround Sound System for Xbox 360 $100 (Maybe Less) @ Buy.com

Import

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Linky

I ordered one yesterday after seeing the deal on SD. For the price it can't be beat according to reviews. New google checkout customers can get an extra $10 off.

If you already used google checkout like me there is a $10 rebate form -

Here

This can be used with or without the 360. Can also be used with the PS3 if wanted.

If wrong forum, please move....Thanks.

Picked mine up from buy.com and enjoying from the day 1.
PERFECT with ps3, watching blu rays and games.

But not that great with computer, my logitech z2200's sounds MUCHHH better.
Also dont like the fact that it doesnt have headphone jack input.
I could really use that at night.. cause even the bass setting all the way down, its too loud :cool:

If they are avaialble. order one, it is worth $100.

[quote name='h3ro']Hey guys, would I have any problems if I kept the subwoofer like five inches from my PS3?[/quote]

The subwoofer isn't shielded and the ps3 has a hdd in it, I don't think it's a good idea

[quote name='pj-']The subwoofer isn't shielded and the ps3 has a hdd in it, I don't think it's a good idea[/quote]

Hm. For the longest time I was debating on how I was going to set up my room with the subwoofer. I live upstairs and didn't want to place it on the ground so I won't wake up my parents with the (guessing here) vibrations. I have it on a desk about 8 inches away from my Xbox 360 elite. So I should try to keep them apart?

[quote name='M1C13']I have have my 360 and my HD receiver both plugged into it so I know it has at least 2 optical I believe it also has 2 red/white audio. All the inputs are in the back of the sub woofer.[/quote]

That's right. I've got my 360 connected via optical, and my HDTV by another cable. Forgot what kind it was - its in my dorm room and I'm home for break. But yeah, you can connect whatever you want. Buy it if you get the chance.

And remember, even though there's only one set of RCA input jacks, there's nothing to stop you from running a few consoles (or whatever) through one of those switcher devices, and then just plugging the output jacks into the receiver.

I have a MadCatz 4-way console switch that I picked up for $10 from GameStop a while ago (I don't have an HDTV, so it does me just fine). Where it says "to TV" I just run the video cable to the back TV, and the audio cables to the receiver.

This sure doesn't make me a tech-genius or anything, but I just felt like posting it because I've seen a number of people who were like "wait, there's only room for ONE stereo device?" I guess having more inputs directly in the receiver would be ideal, but you can still get around it quite easily.

[quote name='HeinzInc']That's right. I've got my 360 connected via optical, and my HDTV by another cable. Forgot what kind it was - its in my dorm room and I'm home for break. But yeah, you can connect whatever you want. Buy it if you get the chance.[/quote]

Im just curious, but how do you keep your 360 from getting stolen in the dorm room....its a little off toppic i know

[quote name='BustaUppa']I haven't messed around with them yet, but there are a number of ways to reduce the bass, including "quiet" and "midnight" sound presets.[/quote]

Yeah these are two options avaliable.

[quote name='MillionBlades']PROS: I had mine since December 29th and I love it can't go wrong with this price love the 5.1 surround sound:mrgreen:

CONS: NONE! Just my personal issues since I'm gonna need to get the satelite speaker stands since my couch is too big and the other thing is that I can't crank it to my preferred setting (loud as effin' possible) since I live in a condo:whistle2:(

I also ordered another system for my friend and it arrived yesturday, help him set it up and we watched Die Hard 3 on medium setting and it was sick. You got to love 5.1 surround sound I don't know how I could have lived without it... THANKS CAGs for this thread!!!:bow:

OVERALL: One of the best deals ever. Personally the best $105 I invested which should pay off for at least 5+ years from now.[/quote]

Wow!!! Check out this guy! He lives in a.... wait for it... condo! A condo!!! good for you.

omg omg
I didn't realize you can use the remote to change songs mid-game... bypassing the guide menu completely!

This is awesome because I love to stream music from my PC during multiplayer games, and it was always a pain in the ass to screw around with the guide menu to skip songs (I would always just take all my songs and put it on shuffle). This is seriously awesome. I assume all 360 remotes can do this, but it's just another sweet thing to add to the list of sweet things about this deal.

[quote name='BustaUppa']omg omg
I didn't realize you can use the remote to change songs mid-game... bypassing the guide menu completely!

This is awesome because I love to stream music from my PC during multiplayer games, and it was always a pain in the ass to screw around with the guide menu to skip songs (I would always just take all my songs and put it on shuffle). This is seriously awesome. I assume all 360 remotes can do this, but it's just another sweet thing to add to the list of sweet things about this deal.[/quote]

STFU!!!!! no freakin way.. that is so cool i gotta try that

[quote name='egonpax']I hate you guys...

JK.
I'm just jealous that you guys got one... or two... while I'm waiting for Buy.com to get more...[/quote]

Order from Walmart.com like I did. It costs a bit more but it's still a really cheap option and if you don't like it, it's much easier to return.

I´ve seen that on woot.com a few times before. Last time I saw it, it was $85 shipped from them. I didn´t jump on it but I should´ve.

[quote name='BustaUppa']And remember, even though there's only one set of RCA input jacks, there's nothing to stop you from running a few consoles (or whatever) through one of those switcher devices, and then just plugging the output jacks into the receiver.[/quote]

A lot of TV's have analog audio output themselves.

I use that output to run audio for PC, cable, GameCube w/ GBA player, and the switchbox that my N64, SNES, and NES are hooked up to.

The only other input I have is the optical from the 360 to the receiver.

I love mine. Picked it up when Woot was selling it.

Living in an apartment, I did have to tool around with the settings to get the bass to an appropriate level, but I think I've nailed it. Sounds excellent, what a buy at $95.

[quote name='espy605']Order from Walmart.com like I did. It costs a bit more but it's still a really cheap option and if you don't like it, it's much easier to return.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I know... but I'm so cheap!
Do they have these in store? (EDIT: Nvm. They have a store search and they don't.)
Or if I get it from walmart.com is it easy to return instore?

Oh yeah, they have in store pickup! That's cool.

[quote name='egonpax']Yeah I know... but I'm so cheap!
Do they have these in store? (EDIT: Nvm. They have a store search and they don't.)
Or if I get it from walmart.com is it easy to return instore?

Oh yeah, they have in store pickup! That's cool.[/quote]

Trust me, you are better off with Wal-mart. I know of this guy who got one from Buy.com that was defective. Since they won't take returns he was told by Pioneer that he'd have to send it to a service center as there wasn't one close by to take it to. Instead he ordered one from Wal-mart.com and returned the defective one in store. I'm not saying anyone should do this, but it's a good case for buying it from Wal-mart versus Buy.com.

[quote name='Mainiac']Trust me, you are better off with Wal-mart. I know of this guy who got one from Buy.com that was defective. Since they won't take returns he was told by Pioneer that he'd have to send it to a service center as there wasn't one close by to take it to. Instead he ordered one from Wal-mart.com and returned the defective one in store. I'm not saying anyone should do this, but it's a good case for buying it from Wal-mart versus Buy.com.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I'm going to have to bite...

But first, a new car!

So I have a question to anyone who was able to get the 5.1 working on their computers. I read in the earlier part of this thread that you are able to buy a Sound Blaster Digital I/O Module to get it to work through the coaxial, but i dont have a creative sound card. Does anyone know how
I can get the 5.1 to work through my headphone jack on my laptop or is this not possible?

I got one of these from woot while they had their super deal.

So far, it's pretty ok for the price. Certainly not lighting up my golden ears, but it's solid for the price. It sounds a lot better than the TV it is hooked up too. The sub is super weak and the speaker's aren't exactly "juicy" but I've heard worse for more money.

A very solid deal for a small room.

[quote name='SNAKE EYES EX']I got one of these from woot while they had their super deal.

So far, it's pretty ok for the price. Certainly not lighting up my golden ears, but it's solid for the price. It sounds a lot better than the TV it is hooked up too. The sub is super weak and the speaker's aren't exactly "juicy" but I've heard worse for more money.

A very solid deal for a small room.[/QUOTE]

Have you adjusted the sub volume and the other speakers? There are different settings. Mine is pretty loud and clear in my game room which is about 14x12. Make sure you have the sub facing you and against the wall.

I heard it doesn't allow HDMI input/settings? Does that mean (on my HDTV) I won't have HD sound or something? I'm confused. Can anyone help?

[quote name='Veetus']I heard it doesn't allow HDMI input/settings? Does that mean (on my HDTV) I won't have HD sound or something? I'm confused. Can anyone help?[/quote]

Just run it through the optical port.

[quote name='krinjchrist']Just run it through the optical port.[/quote]

I'm sorry but that doesn't answer my question...what is changing or what am I losing out of this then? Am I losing high definition or something? I'm a noob at this, sorry.

Good to see the thread is still going. I connected this thing up about a month ago (I know, been busy) and I am currently going with the front surround sound ATM until I figure out how I am going to run the rears behind the sofa and hide the wires.

Until then though, it's definitely louder but doesn't sound all to "surround sounding" with all the speakers in front. I wasn't expecting surround as if the speakers were behind me, but I must admit I was expecting a bit more. All in all, I am happy with the unit for a hundred bucks.

EDIT:

Hmpf, I also just realized I never received my $10 rebate for this thing. Buy.com definitely sucks with honoring rebates, at least for me they do.

[quote name='Veetus']I'm sorry but that doesn't answer my question...what is changing or what am I losing out of this then? Am I losing high definition or something? I'm a noob at this, sorry.[/quote]
What exactly are you confused about? Whatever system you use, you'd simply set audio settings to not put sound out through HDMI and instead output soundfrom an SPDIF optical port to this system. You won't be losing any audio quality as optical is still a digital output.

[quote name='Teqonix']What exactly are you confused about? Whatever system you use, you'd simply set audio settings to not put sound out through HDMI and instead output soundfrom an SPDIF optical port to this system. You won't be losing any audio quality as optical is still a digital output.[/quote]

Oh ok I was reading a review somewhere and someone said that was one of the cons...that it can't do HDMI and so I was confused on what made that a con.

[quote name='Import']

EDIT:

Hmpf, I also just realized I never received my $10 rebate for this thing. Buy.com definitely sucks with honoring rebates, at least for me they do.[/quote]

Son of a bitch. I never got mine either.:bomb:

[quote name='Veetus']Oh ok I was reading a review somewhere and someone said that was one of the cons...that it can't do HDMI and so I was confused on what made that a con.[/quote]

Bump

bread's done
Back