Pioneer VSX-1019AH-K Receiver for under $450? Got it! - $400 from Buy.com!

SpazX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
There was another thread, but their title was too vague so I made a new one.

I've decided to get a VSX-1019AH-K Receiver with some of my tax return, does anybody know where to get one for under $450? The lower the better, as long as it's a reputable place.

Also wondering if anybody has one and can give me a review, I'm interested in the HDMI upconversion for use with the Wii, so if anybody has done that let me know.

[quote name='SpazX']Also wondering if anybody has one and can give me a review, I'm interested in the HDMI upconversion for use with the Wii, so if anybody has done that let me know.[/QUOTE]
I don't have one, but the reviews I've read say that it's decent at best. Not as bad as Onkyo, but not as good as Denon. If you have a good tv it's probably not worth the cost.

If you can settle for one less HDMI input (and no upscaling) the 919 is otherwise identical and $100 cheaper.

I'd normally recommend checking out 6ave.com and OneCall.com, though neither one seems to carry Pioneer.

Keep your eyes peeled on Amazon.com, since sometimes third party sellers will post some deals through Amazon that end up being cheapest.

Slickdeals.net and AVSforum.com would be two other places to check out.

[quote name='Allnatural']I don't have one, but the reviews I've read say that it's decent at best. Not as bad as Onkyo, but not as good as Denon. If you have a good tv it's probably not worth the cost.

If you can settle for one less HDMI input (and no upscaling) the 919 is otherwise identical and $100 cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've looked at the Onkyo 607 and the Denon 1910, but the Denon is $50 more and the Onkyo supposedly don't have very good upconversion. Right now it's really just the upconversion that is selling me on the more expensive units. If it's not really worth the money then I might be better off getting the cheaper 919 or the Onkyo 607. My TV now doesn't do any upconversion AFAIK (Aquos 32D43U) and I probably won't be getting a new one for a few years. It's only 720p, but if it could improve the image on the Wii then it would be nice. I know it can only really do so much, so if somebody has experience with it and it isn't that great anyway then that might change my mind.

I have my 360 and PS3 running on HDMI now, so I only really need 2 HDMI ports at the moment, though I'd like room for the future. 3 is good, but I'd like to have 4 really. I want to run everything through one line to the TV, which only has 2 HDMI ports itself.

So that's what I'm considering right now. The Pioneer's iPod attachment is nice, but I don't really know how much I would use it, so it's mainly the upconversion and number of HDMI ports (and the sound of course, but I'm sure the ones I'm comparing are pretty even with that).

Shit, I think I just got it for $399.99. Was up on Buy.com through Amazon, hope I didn't make a mistake ordering it through them. Didn't think I could pass up that price with a $499.99 MSRP.

They still have them on Buy.com for that price if anybody else is looking.

I had the 919 and ended up getting rid of it. Just to begin with, the rated power listed in the specs is 120w x 7 but it's actually only 90w per channel at 8Ω, and that's using only the front mains.

The 1018 is extremely superior to both the 919 and 1019 in about every way imaginable, but too bad it's so difficult to find one.

[quote name='SpazX']My TV now doesn't do any upconversion AFAIK (Aquos 32D43U)...[/QUOTE]
It does. All HDTVs do.

According to CNET's review the upconversion quality of your tv isn't especially good (with interlaced sources at least). Would a receiver make SD look better? Would a Pioneer receiver make it look better? Would you notice the difference either way? Can't help you there I'm afraid.

bread's done
Back