Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End deals?

SCUD4LIFE

CAGiversary!
Anyone know of any freebies that come with the purchase of Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End? Im thinking bestbuy going to have one cool give away.

Walmart has there, now usual bonus disc with purchase. Not sure what is on it though. And you want blu-ray like me you get screwed on all that stuff anyways.

You know I really miss the days of buying a DVD for... you know.... the DVD. Seems like some people care MORE about the cheap gimmicky giveaway item than the DVD that one must purchase to obtain the cheap gimmicky giveaway item.

Just something I have noticed. That's all.

Best Buy Exclusive Bonus DVD! Features 43 minutes of extras when you buy any version of POTC: AWE!

POTC: AWE - $14.99
POTC: AWE: 2-Disc Special Limited Edition - $22.99
POTC: AWE: Best Buy Exclusive 2-Disc Gift Set Including Captain Teague Figurine - $29.99

No word on Circuit City or Target yet, but Best Buy was the best source for the POTC: DMC disc, so I doubt anyone will be better than Best Buy this time around. Oh, and Demolition Man--what the hell are you on about? If one already knows they're going to buy a given title, why wouldn't there be robust discussion about what extra bonus they might be able to pick up with it? Maximum bang for one's dollar a crime? At "Cheap Ass" Gamer, no less?

In CC ad it shows that it will be 13.99 for the standard version and you get a free "visual guide" with purchase. I havent seen the guide come in yet but I wouldnt keep your hopes up.

[quote name='joker______']is the Bluray version gonna be on sale?[/quote]

I don't find any indication of that in BB's ad, no.

[quote name='Filmmaker']Oh, and Demolition Man--what the hell are you on about? If one already knows they're going to buy a given title, why wouldn't there be robust discussion about what extra bonus they might be able to pick up with it? Maximum bang for one's dollar a crime? At "Cheap Ass" Gamer, no less?[/QUOTE]

From my observations I've noticed that some people care more about the free gimmicky item that the DVD they are buying. Free stuff is good and I'm not saying that giving away keychains and shirts isn't a bad idea at all. But ultimately its the DVD that matters to me.

Just saying how I feel that's all.

[quote name='Demolition Man']From my observations I've noticed that some people care more about the free gimmicky item that the DVD they are buying.[/quote]

What are you basing this assertion on, though? There isn't much dialogue to be had on a movie's DVD because everyone sells the same ones, so one need only find out the best price and, boom, over and done. But the "free gimmicky items" are exclusive to each vendor, so there's much more room for discussion and inquiry to maximize one's purchase. That, by no means, means that we care about the freebie more than the movi proper.

[quote name='Filmmaker']What are you basing this assertion on, though? There isn't much dialogue to be had on a movie's DVD because everyone sells the same ones, so one need only find out the best price and, boom, over and done. But the "free gimmicky items" are exclusive to each vendor, so there's much more room for discussion and inquiry to maximize one's purchase. That, by no means, means that we care about the freebie more than the movi proper.[/QUOTE]

Wow calm down. All I said was that from my observations I noticed that some people care more about the free gimmicky items than the DVD itself. This comes from my observations on various forums and in the real world. Its just an observation. Nothing more, nothing less.

Honestly anyways... I'll take a lower price over a better freebie. But that's just me. :D

If the freebie is some crap like a stupid mask or toy, I don't give a flying....

But damn, if it's that free movie cash I just can't help myself. I bought the steelbook Live Free or Die Hard just cause it had a ticket for Hitman.... and I didn't even want to see Hitman!

WM doing free AWE PC game w/ purchase of DVD. Packaged with DVDs only, no Blu-Ray (not that they would even have the BR version).

BB version packaged with Capt'n Teague 7" figure!

Didn't see anything about a bonus disc at BB. If there is one, then I'm going there!

Amazon is listing the br for $24 right now. I'm waiting to see if they lower the price next week (maybe to match someone else's deal?). But $24 shipped (w/ Prime) isn't bad.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Wow calm down. All I said was that from my observations I noticed that some people care more about the free gimmicky items than the DVD itself. This comes from my observations on various forums and in the real world. Its just an observation. Nothing more, nothing less.

Honestly anyways... I'll take a lower price over a better freebie. But that's just me. :D[/QUOTE]

A lot of people are constantly interested in the 2-Disc Special Editions and will pay a premium for them as well. This definitely shows that people are more interested in bonus crap than the movie itself.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']A lot of people are constantly interested in the 2-Disc Special Editions and will pay a premium for them as well. This definitely shows that people are more interested in bonus crap than the movie itself.[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying the 2 disc SEs are worthless. I own a number of the better ones since I enjoy getting a better idea of how a film is made. No problem paying a little extra for stuff like that. :D

Anyone remember back when 2-disc SE"s were the norm? My Spider Man 1 and 2 were BOTH 2 disc editions for what I paid for the 1 disc edition of 3. Same with HP 1-3 compared to 4, and now POTC 2/3 compared to 1. It just saddens me that the industry moved to this new model of charging $8 extra for the special editoin just to squeeze some more money out of consumers. Yay for modern American consumerism.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Wow calm down. All I said was that from my observations I noticed that some people care more about the free gimmicky items than the DVD itself. This comes from my observations on various forums and in the real world. Its just an observation. Nothing more, nothing less.

Honestly anyways... I'll take a lower price over a better freebie. But that's just me. :D[/quote]

Don't presume my emotional level. Furthermore, if you'd have actually made your supporting point at the beginning (e.g. "I'll take a lower price over a better freebie", which indicates you believe the problem is people paying a possible premium for a "gimmick", rather than securing the cheapest price for the film proper--not that the "gimmick" is more important than the actual film, as you were asserting), instead of at the end of a lengthy series of meaningless sentences, I might have not gotten so fired up over what I read as a rather insulting and baseless accusation. In any case, don't get defensive when you're the one who started the finger-pointing.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']A lot of people are constantly interested in the 2-Disc Special Editions and will pay a premium for them as well. This definitely shows that people are more interested in bonus crap than the movie itself.[/quote]

WTF??? Are we confusing the terms "movie" and "DVD" here? No, people who want 2-disc versions don't value the extra material over the film proper, they enjoy it as an enhancement of the film proper. They do value it more than a 1-disc DVD release, if that's an alternative option, but not more than the actual movie itself.

I love blu ray. Comes with the special edition disc. Sadly no freebies.. since the dvd's get them all.

Stupid non format believers. Damn you all and your stupid out of date technology.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Stupid non format believers. Damn you all and your stupid out of date technology.[/quote]

If there was just one HD format, we'd have joined you long ago...

[quote name='Demolition Man']Then drop the subject and move on. Deal?[/quote]

Think you're gonna pop off some trash talk about how people choose to collect DVDs, then get out without some return heat? If you can't fight the battles you pick, best to keep your opinions and observations to yourself.

OK, I'm not taking any sides here and don't intend to add fuel to the fire but this was just a little observation I made.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Wow calm down.[/quote]

Response...

[quote name='Filmmaker']Don't presume my emotional level.[/quote]

Followed by...

[quote name='Filmmaker']...I might have not gotten so fired up over what I read...[/quote]

I just thought it was a little... funny. :bouncy:

Anyway, back on topic, I'm also looking for the best deal on the BR version. Can anyone else confirm what Ice2Dragon said about the BR version coming with the special edition disc's content?

[quote name='Mugen Power']

Anyway, back on topic, I'm also looking for the best deal on the BR version. Can anyone else confirm what Ice2Dragon said about the BR version coming with the special edition disc's content?[/quote]

The other two Pirates BD's have come with the 2 disc content, I don't see why this one would be any different. Also, BB has a bonus disc that comes with any version of Pirates. From what I remember when they did this with the last movie, the bonus disc was NOT on pack but a separate disc you could just pick up on the counter or cardboard display. If they do the same thing this time, you should be able to get their exclusive disc with the BD Pirates as well.

[quote name='Mugen Power']OK, I'm not taking any sides here and don't intend to add fuel to the fire but this was just a little observation I made.

I just thought it was a little... funny. :bouncy: [/quote]

I said it not because he was wrong but because presumption is rude. In any case, I'm off to Chicago for 5 days, so I give this thread back to the more germane discussion of POTC deals...yes, even those accursed "gimmicks"...

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']I love blu ray. Comes with the special edition disc. Sadly no freebies.. since the dvd's get them all.

Stupid non format believers. Damn you all and your stupid out of date technology.[/quote]

Yeah what the angry angry man said.

[quote name='JMClarkent']As far as Blu-Ray deals go, the best that I have seen is the Buy.com + Google checkout combo of $16.84.

http://www.buy.com/prod/pirates-of-the-caribbean-at-worlds-end-blu-ray-2-disc/q/loc/322/205079642.html

*Update* They won't let the preorder go through with Google Checkout, hopefully they unleash that puppy once PoTC is offically released on 12/4.[/quote]

Only down side to that deal with Buy.com is that it is with 7-9 day shipping..

Best deal i can see through a local retailer for BluRay is $26 at Walmart.

[quote name='Mindzeye82']Any word on when the boxed set of the trilogy will be available?[/QUOTE]

No box sets for POTC.

Both of the previous Pirates movies were part of studio sponsored buy 1 get 1 sales shortly after release on blu-ray. I bet this movie will also be part of a similar deal shortly after the new year, if not sooner.

I can wait until then.

Someone at DVD Talk posted this $10 off coupon that supposedly comes in the regular DVD versions of Pirates. I guess us Blu Ray owners could just try printing this scan out and see if it works.

Save10.png

[quote name='lawdood']Someone at DVD Talk posted this $10 off coupon that supposedly comes in the regular DVD versions of Pirates. I guess us Blu Ray owners could just try printing this scan out and see if it works.

Save10.png
[/QUOTE]

What are the actual dimension?

Edit: The actual dimension (width x height) is 4-9/16" x 5-11/16" (4.5625" x 5.875")

I have no idea, I didn't create the scan and haven't seen an original. I printed it out 4 x 6 myself. Looks good at that size and makes the "no reproductions" at the bottom almost too small to read. lol

Can I use this $10 dvd coupon to buy this AND Pirates 1 or 2 and then saved another $10 only at Best Buy or Target. Take $15 off Pirates 3 and $5 off Pirates 1 or 2! You pay $39.98 after $20 saving!

I think its the same size that came with your Blu-Ray booklet or warning sign. If you use this sheet and turn it over, then printout the coupon to look legit! Think smart! ;)

The Blu-Ray Disc is $26.99 at Fry's. Fry's and Wal-Mart sound like the best places to use the $10-off coupon. I think I'll try and find someone buying the DVD and ask for a coupon. :)

If you live in Nebraska or Kansas, Nebraska Furniture Mart has great prices:

1-Disc - $12.74
2-disc - $22.74
Blu-Ray - $29.74 ($10 GC with purchase)
Gift Set - $34.99

Just to update, the Blu-ray POTC: World's End is only about $15.00 (7-9 days shipping) after Google checkout!

...Thanks to GC, I'm nearing a world record for free Yahoo e-mail accounts >.>

[quote name='prim4444']Toys R Us has the 2 Disc for $19.99 and you get a free clock with purchase.[/QUOTE]

Shit. Got a link?

I just went to BB and CC. CC had the 2 Disc for $24.99 while it was $22.99 at BB so I went to BB.

Whew... I just got back from Best Buy to pickup this with a free exclusive bonus cd soundtrack and StrangleHold: Collector's Edition PS3 game!

6q0ojk2.jpg

[quote name='lawdood']Someone at DVD Talk posted this $10 off coupon that supposedly comes in the regular DVD versions of Pirates. I guess us Blu Ray owners could just try printing this scan out and see if it works.

Save10.png
[/quote]

I just tried to use this coupon at CC and it worked(YMMV). The cashier girl tried to scan the coupon but it didn't work so she went to ask her manager. After 2 minutes, she came back and manually entered the price. $19.99 for a new Bluray disc. Great deal. I also got the PoTC Complete Visual Guide for free.
Thanks fot the coupon.

bread's done
Back