Pirates of the Carribbean On Stranger Tides [Blu-ray] - $9.95 @ Family Video

TheRock88

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
This is JUST FOR THE BLURAY MOVIE ALONE. No dvd. Here's the details.

http://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=374713

Note from Family Video:
Wondering why we can sell this HOT Blu-ray for ONLY $9.95? We need tons of DVDs for our in-store customers, but because Disney is only selling the Blu-ray/DVD Combo packs and DELAYING the DVD release, Disney is forcing us to purchase tons of Blu-ray/DVD Combo packs. This means we have 15,000 UNUSED, LIKE NEW Blu-rays of "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" in their original packaging and available now to ship on or by street date. No minimum or maximum per order. Our over-purchase means SAVINGS FOR you!

Type YT4SWBFW in the coupon code box for free shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TheRock88']This is JUST FOR THE BLURAY MOVIE ALONE. No dvd. Here's the details.

http://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=374713

$9.95 + $2 shipping[/QUOTE]

Wrong! $9.95 + $0 shipping.

Type YT4SWBFW in the coupon code box for free shipping. ;)

Thanks a lot OP. These movie kind of sucked, but I have to buy it for $9.95 to complete my collection.

You can be damn sure I finna cancel that Amazon preorder I placed a while back. :D

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Wrong! $9.95 + $0 shipping.

Thanks a lot OP. These movie kind of sucked, but I have to buy it for $9.95 to complete my collection.

You can be damn sure I finna cancel that Amazon preorder I placed a while back. :D[/QUOTE]

Nice, thanks OP and used the Coupon so thanks Sonic.

"Like new" for a preorder? Sounds like they opened the Blu-ray case so they could sell the DVD in-store and this is a listing for what's left, since there is no Blu-ray only version.

From the looks of things, it appears they also have the reverse version where it's the DVD in a DVD case and the Blu-ray is the extra disc. So why gut the Blu-ray case? Are the DVDs for rental?

Have the 3D version preordered at Amazon because they had an $8 off coupon back when preorders first opened, but it made it cheaper than the regular version. Dont have a 3D tv, i might just keep my amazon order and sell everything except the dvd so I can have a complete regular copy.

GREAT DEAL IMO.

Thanks a lot to the Op and for the free shipping coupon. I only wanted this movie on Bluray, so this is perfect for me.

[quote name='shadowrage']Does anyone know if these will have the slipcover? Oddly enough that's the deal breaker for me.[/QUOTE]

good question it says "original packaging" so im assuming so, i dont they would be idiots and toss hundreds of slip covers

i also had an amazon preorder for the 5 disc version but really all i care about is the Blu ray, so i cancelled amazon and went with family video

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Wrong! $9.95 + $0 shipping.

You can be damn sure I finna cancel that Amazon preorder I placed a while back. :D[/QUOTE]

Damn didnt know that. Just sent them an email asking if they can give me the free shipping, worst case I'll just cancel the order and redo it. Thanks!

I was going to order this, but the free shipping isn't working now. As long as somebody has this for 19.99 where I can price match it at Target, where I work, I can use the coupon, my employee discount, and Red Card Discount and get it for the same price with everything. It is a good deal though.

[quote name='henry00x']good question it says "original packaging" so im assuming so, i dont they would be idiots and toss hundreds of slip covers

i also had an amazon preorder for the 5 disc version but really all i care about is the Blu ray, so i cancelled amazon and went with family video[/QUOTE]

I've been thinking the same thing about the slipcovers. I hope we're correct. Slipcovers usually aren't a dealbreaker for me, but my other 3 pirates blu rays have slipcovers on them.

I cancelled by 5 disc Amazon pre-order too. If I get a 3d TV years from now, I'll be kicking myself for not buying more 3d combo packs now. But I doubt this particular film will hold up well for me to want to watch it multiple times. I'll probably just watch it before pirates 5 comes out in theaters.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I've been thinking the same thing about the slipcovers. I hope we're correct. Slipcovers usually aren't a dealbreaker for me, but my other 3 pirates blu rays have slipcovers on them.

I cancelled by 5 disc Amazon pre-order too. If I get a 3d TV years from now, I'll be kicking myself for not buying more 3d combo packs now. But I doubt this particular film will hold up well for me to want to watch it multiple times. I'll probably just watch it before pirates 5 comes out in theaters.[/QUOTE]

really i dont understand this fascination with the 3d tv's, i dont see anything fun about wearing glasses to watch a movie

[quote name='henry00x']really i dont understand this fascination with the 3d tv's, i dont see anything fun about wearing glasses to watch a movie[/QUOTE]

Same here being that I wear glasses all the time wearing classes on top of glasses is very uncomfortable. 3D is one once in a blue moon but not something I care for much.

[quote name='henry00x']really i dont understand this fascination with the 3d tv's, i dont see anything fun about wearing glasses to watch a movie[/QUOTE]

Me too. That's why I said years from now. My next TV probably won't be a 3D TV, but on the off chance it's standardized, we might all have one 10 or 15 years from now.:roll:

Even if I just save $3 or $5, I've been opting out of buying the 3D blu ray combo backs and buying the regular combo packs instead. I'm just saying someday I might regret it.

DVD case with slipcover. They should have said this was a possibility. I wouldn't haven't ordered.
I want them to exchange mine or accept a return. The BD case and disc art is that big of a deal.

Reading on SD and a lot of people are reporting the same thing too - bluray disc in a dvd case. Wonder what you can get out of it if you complain to them cause on the product description, it says "in their original packaging". And seeing as how Disney didnt make a bluray/dvd combo in a dvd case, that is false advertising right there.

I got this two days ago. Mine was in the Bluray case with slipcover and all the insides where there. Only thing missing was of course the DVD. I got the Bluray/DVD 2-disc case, not the 4-disc case, FYI

You can buy this at Family Video locations for $10 as well. I bought it a few days ago. It was the bluray+dvd combo just void of the dvd. Still had slipcover, bluray case, and all inserts. :)

If you have a Family Video near you I say you are better off getting a copy there as you will be able to see what you're getting.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']You can buy this at Family Video locations for $10 as well. I bought it a few days ago. It was the bluray+dvd combo just void of the dvd. Still had slipcover, bluray case, and all inserts. :)

If you have a Family Video near you I say you are better off getting a copy there as you will be able to see what you're getting.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I'll pick up a copy tomorrow. My girlfriend wanted to watch this so this will be a nice title to have.

Mine arrived today with Blu-ray packaging. It really sucks that it didn't have a slipcover, but I'm just thankful it didn't come in DVD packaging.

Oh yeah, I just remembered I bought the $7.50 preorder steelbook from best buy. That might be an easy, yet expensive alternative to those who received DVD packaging. Don't get me wrong, you should still complain to Family Video, but the "metal case" or whatever you call it looks cool for $7.50.

Thanks OP Just placed my order was going to wait for a possible black friday deal but we dont really use the dvds around here anyway since our main TV has a blu-ray player and the PS3 is in my room so this works out nicely. Also all my movies are in a disc gear box so I dont really care about the cases. If I get the blu-ray case and anybody wants it I'm willing to mail it out it will just be thrown in a box around here.

Just got mine in the mailbox. There was no slipcover, but it was a Vortex bluray case. Ruined my collection of Viva-Elite only :cry:

I really don't understand why this movie is hated. Sure it has its stupid moments, but every Pirates movie has those don't they?

So I received mine a few days ago and unfortunately it was in the dvd casing. I emailed Family Video about and their response was basically "That's the original packaging it came in, it is the blu ray. Here's a coupon for $2 off your next purchase"

[quote name='TheRock88']Reading on SD and a lot of people are reporting the same thing too - bluray disc in a dvd case. Wonder what you can get out of it if you complain to them cause on the product description, it says "in their original packaging". And seeing as how Disney didnt make a bluray/dvd combo in a dvd case, that is false advertising right there.[/QUOTE]

There is a blu-ray version that comes with a dvd and a dvd version that comes with a blu-ray. A dvd case could still be original packaging. This is not false advertising on their part.

bread's done
Back