Pixar Movies - Blu-Ray Collectible Sets - $9.97 @ Costco - YMMV

DestroVega

CAGiversary!
Hey all, was in Costco today and stumbled upon these Pixar Blu-Ray gift sets for only $9.97, marked down from $30

500008-539-large.jpg

Comes with the blu-ray, DVD combo, sticker book, some other book, and lithographs.

They have Toy Story, Toy Story 2, Up, Wall-E, and Monsters, Inc.

I had been searching for the Toy Story movies cheap, but couldn't pass up on any of them.

Might be sold out or your store might not have marked them down but a heal of a deal.

too bad i have all of them on bluray. does it come with a DVD case or a bluray case? i bought toy story 2 bluray when it first came out and i didnt notice it was the DVD case packaging.

What a steal! I only own up out of those and have never seen monsters inc. Biting on at least that if they have it

As of yesterday, the Costco in industry, CA had a ton of Wall-E and Toy Story 1 and 2. There was a single copy of Up too. Also checked out the Costco in El Segundo today and they had a ton of Up and TS 1 &2. Awesome price for the movies and the bonuses inside aren't too bad either.

And I also hear that even if they are marked above $9.97 at other Costcos, they should ring up at the $9.97 price.

If anyone sees a Monsters, Inc. around SoCal, please let me know!

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome deal. Saw it on SD a day or 2 ago and picked up Up, Wall-e, and Monsters Inc (already had TS1 and 2 from TRU).

All the non-TS movies also come with Digital Copies btw.

[quote name='akalboy']Awesome deal. Saw it on SD a day or 2 ago and picked up Up, Wall-e, and Monsters Inc (already had TS1 and 2 from TRU).

All the non-TS movies also come with Digital Copies btw.[/QUOTE]

I already have the single-disc version of Wall-e. Does the Costco version come with 2 blu ray disc (1 movie, 1 special features), a dvd copy, and a digital copy.

I don't really care about the dvd copy or digital copy, but I'd like to get one with the special features blu ray disc.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I already have the single-disc version of Wall-e. Does the Costco version come with 2 blu ray disc (1 movie, 1 special features), a dvd copy, and a digital copy.

I don't really care about the dvd copy or digital copy, but I'd like to get one with the special features blu ray disc.[/QUOTE]

yes, Wall-E is the 2 disc blu ray, 1 disc digital copy

Hello,

I just got an e-mail from CostCo about offers that expire on 8/7 which notes a similar sale (info here). They don't specifically talk about the Pixar films and it looks like everything on this page are standard DVDs not Blu Ray. They do note that selection may vary by location so it is possible the Pixar Blus are part of the promotion which would mean the price will evaporate on Sunday.

Chris

Went to the Costco in Denver next to the 25 and 470 (visiting from LA so I'm not sure where that is) and the lady at Costco told us this Pixar sale just started today. (for what that's worth) was able to nab Wall-E and Up. They also had Monsters Inc and Toy Story 1&2.

Just got back and my costco had nada. I don't know what's up with my costco, but the movie section seems to change every time I go there. I've recently seen a ton of these sets, but this time there were hardly any bluray (pixar or otherwise), and the movie section was half the normal size.

I will definitely have to check out this deal out. I'll post back with results. However, I don't think I'll be able to go until tomorrow at the earliest. I don't have any of these on Blu so I'm excited (yet frightened for my wallet because I'll pick up all of these if they have them.)

[quote name='deadbird']Man I wish a had a membership to Costco[/QUOTE]

You can get a temporary membership from customer service (1 day, I think). Or, just pay the $50 and enjoy year-long Costcoie goodness.

Just got back from Costco an hour ago and bought all of them except for Monsters Inc.; they didn't have that one. The movie wasn't all that great, but I'd like to have the whole set. And I'm sure my kid will probably get a kick out of the movie. If anyone's willing to sell a copy, I'll pay the $9.97 + tax + shipping as long as the total is under $20. Shipping by media mail should only be $5 or $6; not sure about first class.

[quote name='TheCarsForever']the Pixar Blus are part of the promotion which would mean the price will evaporate on Sunday.[/QUOTE]
Considering that they printed new price stickers, I'm thinking this might just be the new price. Or do they normally do that for sales? I don't go often to know for sure.

[quote name='dchrisd']Or, just pay the $50 and enjoy year-long Costcoie goodness.[/QUOTE]
I personally don't think it's worth it. This deal is the only time I have saved money by shopping at Costco. Almost everything is expensive (per unit) compared to Winco, so we only shop there for very specific items that we can't get elsewhere (surprisingly, their potato bread and muenster are priced well). But that's just us. Thankfully, we don't have to pay because we're on somebody else's membership plan.

[quote name='dchrisd']You can get a temporary membership from customer service (1 day, I think). Or, just pay the $50 and enjoy year-long Costcoie goodness.[/QUOTE]

Just called my local Costco and nope they don't do temporary memberships there (Not sure about other locations though)...
If wanted to get in it's full membership price. Yeh, I'm not really happy about that...

I called too. No temporary passes at my Costco. I have Sams Club membership cause its closer to me. No point in getting both. Sucks cause this is a great deal.

Thanks OP. Just got back from Costco. They had at least a dozen copies each of Toy Story, Toy Story 2, UP, and Wall-E. They were sold out of Monsters Inc. I already have them all on blu-ray, but I bought Wall-E anyway to upgrade my single blu ray disc edition I bought at blockbuster.

[quote name='DestroVega']Oh, I didn't check the box, haven't opened them yet. Lemme go check....

EDIT: Blu-Ray cases.[/QUOTE]

cool. i might pick this up to replace my TS2 bluray (dvd packaging). the one i have just looks weird in my bluray collection. u see it higher than the rest of the cases.

Do you guys realize that if you get the $100 membership, you earn cash back? I think they paid me $600 last year.

Anyone who isn't a member or can't get a day pass should start calling up friends and family to see if any of them are members. At this price, these things are likely to go pretty fast.

[quote name='V3rtigo']Do you guys realize that if you get the $100 membership, you earn cash back? I think they paid me $600 last year.[/QUOTE]

All that means is that you spent $30,000 there (or ~$577 a week, or ~$115 each workday). If I were to spend that much money in one year at Costco, I would not worry about saving $10 on a blu-ray.

[quote name='basketb']All that means is that you spent $30,000 there (or ~$577 a week, or ~$115 each workday). If I were to spend that much money in one year at Costco, I would not worry about saving $10 on a blu-ray.[/QUOTE]

No, its a credit card. You can buy anything anywhere. Gas, home improvements, car insurance, etc.

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']Can anyone pick me up a few disney blus? I'd be happy to pay for cost + shipping + a few extra bucks for the gas and trouble.[/QUOTE]

Me too. I thought I could get away with using my mom's, but a friend of mine used his wife's and got the card confiscated.

Costco runs some shady business.

It's now second nature for me to check CAG before going out for any reason. This site has cost me hundreds of dollars...but I've saved even more!

Stopped at the Waterbury, CT Costco and found all 5 sets, plenty of copies of Toy Stories, and Wall-E, but only a few copies of Up, and 3 remaining Monsters Inc.

The scalper in me wanted to fill up my cart and run since Disney movies are like First Party Nintendo Games in that they NEVER go on sale or drop in price. The realist in me however said that eBay will be flooded with these (and a quick check shows that they already are) and I'd have to sit on these for a few months to make any money. Plus, these are children's movies for crying out loud, how messed up would it be to deny kids the opportunity to own these classic movies just to pull a small profit. That's not something I want on my conscience.

In the end, I picked up one each of Toy Story 1 & 2, Up, and the three remaining copies of Monsters Inc. I saw Wall-E in theaters when it came out, and I didn't care a whole lot for it. I'm keeping one copy of each for myself. To pay it forward for all the great deals you guys provide me with, I am offering the two extra Monsters Inc. sets to the first 2 people who PM me at cost ($9.97 + .63 tax for a total of $10.60) plus $9.99 shipping (These boxes are big and kind of heavy, I'm bad at estimating these things and would rather overestimate than under, since I'm not profiting from this). Also I'm only doing this for these 2 copies of Monsters Inc I bought, I will not be going back to Costco to purchase any more. I simply don't have the time to go buy everything, get packages ready, go to the post office to mail everything, etc.

As for the reason for this price change, Costco is clearing these out because they've been sitting on the for years now, and they didn't move at their original price. Most of the packages are kind of beat up, and look bad rotting on the shelf, plus Costco literally starts rearranging the sales floor and putting out the Christmas displays at the end of August. They always clear out old merchandise like this to make room for more new merchandise for the Holidays, and they're no different than any other retailer, if it doesn't sell, they clearance it out.

I'm going to check our other Costco during the weekend, but just in case, I've sent a PM your way. Hopefully I'm not too late.

(If I find a copy, I'll retract my request so someone else can have a chance.)

Picked up toy story 1 and 2 at the costco in hazlet nj. They had some of everything except monsters inc, unfortunate, I've never seen it.

bread's done
Back