PixelJunk Shooter on the cheap

For $2 this game is a no-brainer.

We enjoyed playing it together for a few days, like all the pixeljunk games it's great.

[quote name='fujimitsu']For $2 this game is a no-brainer.

We enjoyed playing it together for a few days, like all the pixeljunk games it's great.[/QUOTE]

I think its the best PixelJunk game so far. Only 2 left now.

How do they sell them at that price? DLC codes can't be used (like physical media) and I don't remember the games ever being below $5 on sale, so where's the profit?
And if they can sell them that cheap, why not sell for $5 and make more profit? It would still be a good deal?

[quote name='AoA']How do they sell them at that price? DLC codes can't be used (like physical media) and I don't remember the games ever being below $5 on sale, so where's the profit?
And if they can sell them that cheap, why not sell for $5 and make more profit? It would still be a good deal?[/QUOTE]

Usually this kind of thing happens when they're given out at huge discounts or as a promotion. They might have handed out voucher cards at a convention or something.

[quote name='AoA']How do they sell them at that price? DLC codes can't be used (like physical media) and I don't remember the games ever being below $5 on sale, so where's the profit?
And if they can sell them that cheap, why not sell for $5 and make more profit? It would still be a good deal?[/QUOTE]

There may have been a contest that gave away a lot of these that some people hoarded and are selling for cheap.

New link, same price.
http://cgi.ebay.com/PIXEL-JUNK-Shoo...5845?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item5197b61e15

[quote name='Drclaw411']downloadable :([/QUOTE]

pixeljunk shooter is a PSN game. Why would you come into a thread about it and complain about it being so?

I purchased one and in the Checkout email I received, there was a coupon code for $3 off the purchase of a second item from their store. So, I bought another code for my brother, thinking the $3 off would bring my total down to $.88 for 2. Unfortunately, this is not the case. The $3 is off shipping so it does not apply since the codes are free shipping.

Oh Well, looks like I have to cancel one, but still a great deal - especially if you did find another item that the $3 off would apply to.

As stated in previous posts this deal is not dead. I edited the original post. Easiest way to find out the lowest price is probobly just to search by for Pixel Junk Shooter on Ebay.

Good deal.

Sorry for being a bit off topic but I wanted to know how to avoid implications when selling/buying digital items. Say I buy this, what is to stop me from saying it doesn't work and getting into a dispute with the buyer? Things where PSN codes/cards are emailed and such can be more troublesome. How do you protect yourself from these situations?

The way I read it, I think they actually MAIL you the code to stay kosher with ebay. From the checkout email I got:

"Shipping Method: US Postal Service - First-Class Mail"

On the ebay page, nothing actually says or implies they just email it to you, they just say it's a digital code that needs to be redeemed on PSN.

[quote name='david12795']has anyone played this? is it actually fun? i got this with my ps3 bundle.[/QUOTE]

It's an awesome game, one of my favorite pixeljunk games easily.

[quote name='Ultragamer']It's an awesome game, one of my favorite pixeljunk games easily.[/QUOTE]

worth giving a try then. thanks :D

Seems to be quite a few of them on sale. Pretty tempting deal. I like PixelJunk games but I worry that one of them is bound to be a PS+ freebie. Worth the risk for $2 I think though.

[quote name='david12795']has anyone played this? is it actually fun? i got this with my ps3 bundle.[/QUOTE]

its one of the best damn games you can get on psn. and its the best of the pixel junk series of games.

[quote name='nateeasy29']Thumbmonkey is a good website. Should be no worries buying from them. I just bought one.[/QUOTE]
I ordered mine from them, it worked fine. If they don't send immediately just wait it out, they're closed Fri-Sun or Mon.

Hey guys,

We were wondering why we had such a giant surge in sales on these Pixel Junk codes over the weekend! Low and behold, it's 'cause of our old buds at CAG (Google helped us figure it out).

We actually have quite a few of these left! The easiest way to grab one is through our website (though more are already up on eBay, if you'd prefer to buy there):

http://www.thumbmonkey.com/p-28608-pixel-junk-shooter-download-code-for-ps3.aspx

See all of you around, I'm sure, considering tons of you are fans of ours on Facebook aaaaand we'll surely do more contests/giveaways in the applicable forum section sometime in the near future!

Cheers! :)

P.S.- We e-mail them within 1 business day, so if you ordered over the weekend, you'll be receiving an e-mail from us by this afternoon. If you don't see it, check your spam folder just in case!

Last edited by a moderator:
Why am I being charged for shipping? No option for email.

Sub Total: $1.94
Shipping: (US Postal Service) $3.99
Tax: $0.00
Total: $5.93

EDIT: Nevermind, I'll just do it through eBay instead...

[quote name='sp00ge']Why am I being charged for shipping? No option for email.

Sub Total: $1.94
Shipping: (US Postal Service) $3.99
Tax: $0.00
Total: $5.93

EDIT: Nevermind, I'll just do it through eBay instead...[/QUOTE]

Gah! Thanks for mentioning.

Fixed.

[quote name='Brownjohn']Grabbed one from thumbmonkey. They still have 2 left.[/QUOTE]

We actually have quite a few left (more than 2); don't let the eBay quantities fool you. That particular listing style is set to include a certain amount per launch, and then re-launch automatically. Just a little tidbit of info for ya there.

Enjoy your P-Junk! :)

We just lowered the price to ONE DOLLAR. They expire in a month and a half, so IT'S CLEARANCE TIME, KIDDIEZ!

http://www.thumbmonkey.com/p-28608-pixel-junk-shooter-download-code-for-ps3.aspx

Free shipping and e-mailed to you within 1 business day.

Questions? Let us know.

P.S.- When we say "expire", we mean you won't be able to redeem the code if you wait until the expiration date. Once you download it, however, it's all yours. FOREVAH!

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back