Pizza Hut's Pizza within a Pizza

Blaster man

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
This makes me want to puke. It's almost as bad as KFC's Double Down which I once had and made me damn near vomit. It was the worst tasting chicken I've had.

http://gawker.com/5970233/pizza-hut...glory-of-the-coming-of-the-lord?post=55472473

original.jpg

And now the double down. A chicken "sandwich" with chicken instead of bread.

kfc-doubledown4.jpg

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I think that looks good, but then again, I enjoyed the Double Down. I've eaten three of those in one sitting before.[/QUOTE]
OMG Please tell me you're joking...

This is nothing new. There are plenty of Youtube videos of foreign Pizza Hut Ads with ridiculous pizzas in them. A pizza with mini burgers/sliders in it, hot dogs in the pizza crust, and nachos pizza; I've seen commercials for all these and more.

The pizza doesn't look bad at all, maybe if it had different toppings it would appeal more to others but the double down. @_@ The times I've eaten from KFC it always makes me sick to the stomach, I could only imagine what the double down would do for me.

I could have sworn Pizza Hut had a "pizza in a pizza" type thing several years ago when I was in middle school, but I can't remember what it was called.

The double down was more surprising. Pizza in pizza is just like adding another rim in the middle of the pizza, right? I can make do with a half and half instead.

I personally love Pizza Hut pizza, especially reheated. Second only to Costco. Double Down I had once. It was OK, but messy. Prefer KFC's Hot Wings.
[quote name='Strell']I could have sworn Pizza Hut had a "pizza in a pizza" type thing several years ago when I was in middle school, but I can't remember what it was called.[/QUOTE]Yea, they had one a few years ago. Unlike this pizza here, all they basically did was take one pizza and plop it on top of another. It did not last.

I prefer my Pizza Hut pizza made with a giant robot at school festivals anyway.

[quote name='Blaster man']OMG Please tell me you're joking...[/QUOTE]

Double Downs have 610 calories each (http://www.kfc.com/nutrition/). 1830 in cals for one meal isn't exactly unheard of. I'm sure you've eaten that or more before in one sitting. Cut out the sauce (or at least drain the sandwich before eating) and you could drop that by 50 cals per sandwich or so (since sauces tend to be way more fattening than you'd think).

Healthy? No. But not as excessive as you'd think.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DarkSageRK']Double Downs have 610 calories each (http://www.kfc.com/nutrition/). 1830 in cals for one meal isn't exactly unheard of. I'm sure you've eaten that or more before in one sitting. Cut out the sauce (or at least drain the sandwich before eating) and you could drop that by 50 cals per sandwich or so (since sauces tend to be way more fattening than you'd think).

Healthy? No. But not as excessive as you'd think.[/QUOTE]

1830 is a ton. I've had meals that were 1600ish, but it's not like I ate it in one sitting.

If that's all you ate all day, I guess that's ok, but that's still a lot of fat, at about 100g for the three.

[quote name='elessar123']1830 is a ton. I've had meals that were 1600ish, but it's not like I ate it in one sitting.

If that's all you ate all day, I guess that's ok, but that's still a lot of fat, at about 100g for the three.[/QUOTE]

Even if it's all you eat in one day, it's still a lot of calories in one sitting (and a ton of fat as you note).

The body can only make good use of so many nutrients at once, which is why bodybuilders eat like 6 meals a day to take in all the shit-ton of calories they eat while maximizing muscle building and minimizing fat gain. You're more likely to put on more fat (and excrete good nutrients rather than absorving them) if you eat a bunch of calories in one or two sittings rather than in a handful of smaller meals throughout the day.

Too much crust for my liking. I'd eat it if offered, but I don't think it would be one of my top picks from Pizza Hut.

It's a weird looking pizza. Pizza Hut doesn't make the best pizza, but I wouldn't be against trying it.

Now, the Double Down....yum yum!

It's a strange looking pizza, but if you could just choose, say, Meat Lovers, then it'd really just be a regular pizza with extra crust.

And I LOVE Pizza Hut's crusts.

[quote name='ced']Too much crust for my liking. I'd eat it if offered, but I don't think it would be one of my top picks from Pizza Hut.[/QUOTE]To be fair, the main crust is Stuffed Crust. With TWO cheeses!

[quote name='Strell']I could have sworn Pizza Hut had a "pizza in a pizza" type thing several years ago when I was in middle school, but I can't remember what it was called.[/QUOTE]

Are you thinking of the one that had two layers? That's the closest thing I can think of...

Anyway, isn't 1800 calories what the average American consumes during Thanksgiving dinner?

[quote name='Mixer236']Are you thinking of the one that had two layers? That's the closest thing I can think of...

Anyway, isn't 1800 calories what the average American consumes during Thanksgiving dinner?[/QUOTE]

I did a quick Google search, and some say up to like 3,000 calories. It's a ridiculous amount. Of course, I can't say much, I eat that many in normal meals all of the time. But that's going to come to an end once my teenage metabolism fades away. :lol:

[quote name='Strell']I could have sworn Pizza Hut had a "pizza in a pizza" type thing several years ago when I was in middle school, but I can't remember what it was called.[/QUOTE]

Around 20 years ago pizza hut made a pizza called the triple decker (i think that was the exact name) and then round 10 years ago they brought it back and called it the insider. 5 or so years ago it was back for a bit. There are some places in Chicago that still make it. Its due to be in season some time soon. Tastes amazing in my opinion.

[quote name='AvidWriter']The double down... I want to eat one of those at least once. They still make'em?[/QUOTE]Yep. They got rid of Popcorn Chicken, but they still have the Double Down.

bread's done
Back